1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. kyle2020 Guest

thank god for surfthechannel, familyguynow and stansdad.com

Live would be fail without them, especially with big brother on :shadedshu

Channel 5's mint at about 2 oclock in the morning though, Poker is usually on and baseball highlights. Baseball is awesome haha, i havent got a clue what the rules are etc but i do enjoy watching it :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Berbatov wont happen mefinks for either club, he certainly wont wanna come to MC and as to your clubs fantastic acheivements.......then yes I agree but in 2008/9 they would give up most of that for the Premiership title mefinks, where as, those orrible reds have done the CL and PL and are laughing at U!! (and just about everyone else) :laugh:

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. mlupple

mlupple New Member

Thanks Received:
  4. kyle2020 Guest

Oh i say! football highlights for those who dont use teletext, courtesy of my dad:

Berbatov has been signed at man utd.
    Man city snagged Robinho for 32M.
    and Liverpool have signed a winger and an 18 year old brazillian striker on a free.

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Yep, I got it wrong, I really didnt think berbatov would end up anywhere, rumour has it that Alex F kidnapped him at Manchester Airport when he was on his way to man City for a medical, but as I said, he didnt want Man City but perhaps even we were a better option for him than a reserve player at Spurs!

Am not so sure about Robinho, Chelski must be Pis*ed off, IMO they could have had him, I would have preferred Owen from Newcastle for 8 million personally...........I think this Robinho might become a bit of a Circus act.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. kyle2020 Guest

the funniest bit about the robinho signing at city is the fact that chelsea where so confident that they would sign him, they have been selling special chelsea shirts with his name and number on tha back haha :laugh:

Also, Kevin Keegan has walked out on Newcastle after not getting any decent money for transfers.

Its like a bloody drama haha.

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    chelsea just bought robinho :(

8. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    Manchester City bought him WOAH im surprised!

it wasnt Chelsea after all

£30.75 million for berbatov WOAH man u really pull the boat out

i hope Tottenham dont crash now, they still have a good goalie in gomes hes one of my favs

9. kyle2020 Guest

City's new arab multi billionair man paid 32 million for robinho :twitch: just how much of a game influenced by money is football getting?

[RANT] Some footballers get paid in excess of £150,000 a WEEK to play a game that they love. What a job eh? yet they still moan. moan moan freaking moan. £150,000+ A WEEK! most people earn a fifth of that in A YEAR. Why the fuck should some poncy twat get paid that much?!?! When people, like my father (Police Officer) , go out on the streets to make a place safer for people to live? Is that fair, really? [RANT/]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    10 Year Member at TPU
  10. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    On a football note,my local team hull got into the premier league.

And another thing is that i think there are waaay too many imports in the uk now.Were the hell do they get their money from? i have seen some imports living in big houses and driving fancy cars.If it was upto me,it would be so hard to get in,there would only be two of them here.People should not be able to immigrate from a 3rd to a 1st world country imo.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. hooj

hooj New Member

Thanks Received:
    Count me in !!

12. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

Why i HATE football. Over paid bunch of poncy idiots, :shadedshu

13. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    And lets not mention the after match bath :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Thats why I havent been joining in this discussion. Cant stand faootball, so was leaving the other guys to it.

So onto a new topic maybe :D ...

15. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    How about how awesome the accelero S1 R2 is :D

10 Year Member at TPU
  16. alexp999

alexp999 Staff

Thanks Received:
    Shame it so big. :(
    havent owned one personally. Wish companies would bring out a decent aftermarket cooler that expelled at least some of its heat out the back of the case, like stock coolers do. I know there is the Akasa vortex, but its not really that much btter than stock. Wish you could by the Iceq coolers separatly. :respect:

17. mullered07

mullered07 New Member

Thanks Received:
    chippies ftw :toast:

btw the only thing that does my nut in about chippies is they ALL serve kebab meat now, whatever happened to fish/chips n pies? that meat has soo much shit in it lol, but it must be laced with cocaine or somthing lol, its so god damn addictive.

lived up north most my life, and cant beat a good old hollands meat pie with chips peas n gravy yum yum, they dont even know what a god damn muffin is down here lol (midlands), i once asked for a chip miffin and they were like :confused: excuse me ? you mean a bap lmao no i mean a god damn chip muffin, n while your at it, give me some gravy on it too :laugh: but apparently midlanders dont have chips n gravy the weirdos lol :D

(im kinda tired from work, been up since 4.30 am lol, think im gonna go sleep now :eek:)

18. hooj

hooj New Member

Thanks Received:

woah there's a sh*t load of Pokemon on there thanks !!:toast:

19. kyle2020 Guest

no problem ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    this is political but what do you guys think of the union, i personally feel there should be a UK rather than separate countries but i dont feel British, im Scottish but i live in the UK

we could have a federal UK with a parliament in Westminster to be the top gov then have England, Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland have their own parliaments like the US has the federal gov and the state gov

i dont think there should be a house of lords it goes against democratic values they still have power over the elected parliament

its crappy five just dropped Seria A Italian football now Setanta have full rights to the Italian football, damn i hate having to watch streams on the web and im not buying sky and setanta just to get football
    although im moving house so i might just get basic sky with phone and broadband coz its so cheap

21. kyle2020 Guest

you get setanta on virgin media too :toast:

10 Year Member at TPU
  22. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    i know but its dearer than sky, my brother has virgin and he uses a "special box" that gets him all the channels lol yes he pays for the basic but gets the full tv totally illegal tho

depends on how much either virgin or sky is for the tv, phone and broadband

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  23. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:

I think that we should break ourselves up in the countries good and proper, have our own economies. So for example the Scottish tax would go to paying the Scottish projects, the Welsh tax paying for all things Welsh and so on and so forth. This would perhaps give each country their pride back (not that the Scots or Irish or even the Welsh do for that matter). This is the one thing that I believe the current Government lacks - they have no English pride. We celebrate the Saints of all the other countries but when it comes to St Georges day there is nothing. These days your not even allowed to raise the English flag, or even the Great British flag for that matter, because it might seem offensive to others. (To others read immigrants.)
    We've lost our Rule Britannia spirit because of immigration and a Government that is too weak to say no, or push things through. We have become to Politically correct and that again is destroying our sense of owner ship over what is ours. And what is our is our Monarch. love it or hate it it's the Monarch which makes Great Britain great. The fact that three countries can come together under one flag. That's three powers under one flag.
    To become greater the individual powers have to become greater.

However; a few problems I see with this is that there may not be enough money to pay for all the things so i can easily see a country or countries falling into massive debt and the economy breaking down. Each country should have the powers to make their own laws and thus govern themselves. But again then you may have a country that cannot then unite under the banner when called for.

There are many pros and cons, basically we will not survive apart but we will not progress greatly if we remain together.

24. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    are you jokin we dont celebrate st andrews day up in scotland

you cant chop and change a government it would be too unstable

back in the 1800s they where going to have elections every 2 years but they found it was too soon and policies and other party specifics would never get implemented in time

britain is dead britain is england the welsh and scots dont feel british

history lesson, wales technically is part of england, england conquered wales and by decree it became governed and part of english territory. a scottish king inherited the english throne thus uniting the english and scottish kingdoms english kingdom already included wales, thus it became the united kindom with the union flag

a jack is a flag on a ship so technically its not the union jack

i would be around to fly the union flag as part of the UK not as a Brit

EDIT: thats why we all need our own parliaments but a national government to oversee the whole of the UK, England needs its own parliament with similar powers to wales/scotland

25. WhiteLotus

WhiteLotus

Thanks Received:
    That was what i was trying to get to - Great Britain as an entity isn't going anywhere. But The United Kingdom of the different countries (ok may be not countries but lands) is where it's at.

26. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    a federal UK is what we need, together we are strong but each country has its own needs so if we all get parliaments to do local things it will work, we just need to get rid of the house of lords but the queen can have her palace she dosnt do much anyway

27. spud107

spud107

Thanks Received:
    ye, can't get rid of the tourist attraction:)

28. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    I agree with much of what both you and WhiteLotus have said, but....So do the English feel British?.....I would suggest no more than the Welsh or Scottish do........we feel English most of the time, and British some of the time.....just on one point, the 3 = Britain, the 4 = United Kingdom.............how do the Northern Irish feel? National pride? Well yep we could go on about that for hours, thing is, could NI, Scotland and Wales generate enough GDP to sustain those countries should they want independance? I doubt it TBH so what would that outcome be....probably some would move to England but then wouldnt that be considered as immigration if we were all independant?

I dont know the answers, I am neither for or against a "United" Kingdom because to be quite honest, there are just too many pitfalls in the change, more than the pitfulls of staying as we are I would guess but for me, democracy is all important and if the majoroty in Scotland, Wales or Northern ireland truly wanted their independance then they should ultimately have the right to it probably, as I said, I guenuinly dont have a preference either way but rest assured of one thing, there are many English who would probably want some of the other countries to gain independance just as much as their citizens do! Some of those English (not me I would like to add) beleive that England would be a far wealthier place to live without huge subsidies..........I dont agree with that for one simple reason, and basically it forms my belief on this subject.........I have fought over 27 years of an Army career in 13 different conflicts, I have watched friends die and I would not be here today without some of those "friends".....and guess what......those friends, were English, Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish, they were not concerned about borders or economies, they DID have pride for the most part in the organisation they were part of (ohhh and it's called the "British" Army!) and that all boils down to one thing.......friends are more important than neighbours, nationalities, races or religion IMO.

Sorry about the sermon, strange thing is, I dont really have any strong feelings on the subject, although you wouldnt think that from the amount I wrote! :eek:

10 Year Member at TPU
  29. MilkyWay

Thanks Received:
    as long as she gets her own cash i dont mind paying to keep the palace in good nick, its a national heritage thing anyway we pay for other historical buildings so we might aswell keep windsor and buckingham

plus shes as much queen of england as queen of scotland and wales and n.ireland

30. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Anyone want a brand new, un-opened XFX 790i Ultra tri SLi motherboard? I have even got some good cheap DDR3 ram that could go with it! ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  31. kyle2020 Guest

tell me how much and i might be swayed ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  32. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Well, you do know they are £210 - £220 retail anwhere in UK? Plus the memory is £65-£70 retail, damn it would sort your Q6600 a treat!

This has just been sent me as a Warranty replacement by XFX via Dabs £175 is what I am asking for it, invoice included for lifetime warranty, thats a saving of about £35, if someone takes the memory as well then I would let it all go for £215.

It's big bucks however, but this kit is the "top dog", the only reason I am not putting it back in my puter is because I am too lazy to gut it all again after buying the Anus as a stopgap.

10 Year Member at TPU