1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    there's the problem, can't be done without making a fuss

2. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    also lets see pcworld give you something worth £30-40 for free even with all your bitching and belly-aching. They are just not going to do it, it would be like getting blood from a stone. you would end up going through a lot more trouble then I did to get anything at all.

3. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, you have no chance, the best you can get out of PC world normally is about 20% off

I already have like 3 laptops bags for some reason, they just seem to give them away when you buy computers

4. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, cheap branded ones....If its not made by Belkin, then its some crap like Targus.

I own a few laptop bags - one by belkin, a nice Samsonite from that I bought for something like £65 while travelling Hong Kong as it was heavily discounted and I managed to negotiate the price down even further :p and now this Orgio/Corsair one.

after seeing the bag, my dad wants it for what i think is his 15.6" or 17" sony laptop. but I already gave him my expensive Samsonite bag to borrow until he gets his own one, but he never did and I never asked for it back, so he currently thinks the bag is his.

5. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    While I've used my laptops bags a few times the only thing they haven't actually carried is a laptop, I always just carry the laptop, the laptop bag normally ends up carrying food or something

6. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I usually use a really really old NorthFace backpack to carry my laptop - that was until i got a more portable laptop instead of my old 14.1" dinosaur that weighs as much as some 15" dell Inspiron's

I still use it, depends if im travelling by bicycle or on the tube. I'll probably start using the new bag a lot more though as the strap is a lot more comfortable then my belkin and Samsonite bags

7. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Only laptop i've ever had to carry anywhere is a 15" HP, but it's only 2.5KG so no problem there

8. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    Cheesy, I meant to put it in the competition thread but as I see you're on here CONGRATULATIONS on the awesome card you have won. I hope you have no probs with it and can join us in the (limited but awesome) DX11 world of PC gaming :)

cheesy999 says thanks.
  9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    alls not lost my son - as a sign of good faith and christmas spirit, Cheesy is giving it away free to a random UK Clubhouse member. ;););)

fear not!

LifeOnMars says thanks.
  10. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    Thank you

What I'm really looking forward too isn't DX11 (i only have 2 games that use it) but the fact that the graphics card has an awesome sound card built into it (5.1 channel surround sound here I come)

That said it's the steam sale is on at the moment so I will probably end up with a load of new games I can test out on it anyway

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    my old 14.1" used to weigh 2.3Kg, but i used to carry a lot of other stuff in my bag and if youre out hiking, walking or cycling around london for 3-4hrs the combined weight of the laptop and all the other crap i carry especially for cycling usually starts killing my back.

I like the fact that the laptop feels solid and can deflect a tank shell but its too much of a back breaker after walking for a few hours.

12. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    That's actually something I look for when I buy electronics, I'm fed up with things like my Ipod where the paint's cracked off and it's full up with dents after the first year

13. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I reckon the dell xps i found could deflect a tank shell, it weighs 57lbs

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. cheesy999

Thanks Received:
    I don't think weight has much to do with it as I'm far heavier then that and at this precise moment i'm still not 100% sure i'm even bullet proof

I think it's more to do with build quality

15. HUSKIE

HUSKIE

Thanks Received:
    This is the longest processing delivery i've ever experienced, one of the courier until now still waiting Very good company

Date Time Status
    22/12/2011 21:05 Processed at Depot
    22/12/2011 20:20 Receipt at Depot
    17/12/2011 13:56 Collected
    16/12/2011 05:32 Pick-Up Request Manifested

[​IMG]

16. Millennium

Millennium

Thanks Received:
    It's an old quote, yes, but strangely...

I have the exact same amp connected to a Xonar DX by optical :) It works well, and while dolby digital live is great, DTS passthrough from movies (which you might already be able to do) is better. DTS is backwards compatible so you can throw any version of DTS data at the amp and it will decode nicely.

Bear in mind the analog outputs are muted in DD live mode, digital only. Also the analog sound is a lot better then realtek onboard if you are going to use it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  17. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Looks like herpes, they should get that seen to, what are you waiting for and where did you order from?

On a side note just had to request an RMA for my corsair RAM (Vengeance DDR3 1600 9.9.9.24 2x4GB) as they will not run together at all, constant PFN list_corrupt BSOD, can run each stick on it's own fine, but what use is that? :(

Good job I still have 2x2GB of my trusty old Gskills :toast:

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    hermes have some really bad reviews....I once booked them for a delivery but once i read how bad people rated them online. I contacted parcel2go straight away and they switched me over to DHL/Yodel.

Yodel are bad. but they arent half as bad as Hermies and thats saying something!!! dont let their cheap prices fool you. its better to pay that little extra ontop to make sure whatever you want delivered gets there

19. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    I got the Asus xonar dx today :)

Connected via optical digital to my amp.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    I might be thinking of getting a DX or a D1 :)
    im trying to find one less that £50!

21. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I think a UK member or someone might be selling a Creative Titanium Pro or the Fatality Pro model somewhere in the FS section, Might be worth a look.

The Xonar DX sounds a lot better then the creative, but older/newer EAX games might suffer compatibility issues with Xonars emulated EAX.

I use modded/custom drivers so I pretty much have all the bugs ironed out. but my old EAX games (like guildwars) used to crash like a motherfucker when i enabled EAX in game.

Its always good to have the hacked version of Creative Alchemy around as that really helps some games when Xonars emulation fails.

On the plus side, not many games use EAX anymore. but you might be able to get the Titanium card for around the same price or less. XFi cards are still bad ass.

22. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    Maybe i should have made it more clear, i wasn't been literal :p

Two words-

Fuck creative

Two more-

Fuck EAX

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. tigger

tigger I'm the only one

Thanks Received:
    What driver for the dx are you using?, i will have a try of it.

10 Year Member at TPU
  24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    It's in my Sig :toast:

25. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'm using the Unified ones too. The official ones don't even install for me :mad: