1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    Our previous manager was an awesome guy, He wasnt in the job that long sadly as upper management thought he wasnt doing a good enough job and he got demoted.

Hes the kind of guy who would try to level with you, at least bump up your hourly rate to keep you happy and your mouth shut if you werent happy with the shifts youve been given. he was only my manager for a about 6 months or so but in that short time everyone came to love him as he was an awesome guy - big white fat bloke who swears a lot, really doesnt give a fuck about the rest so long as youre doing your job and you yourself are happy, always ready to listen to you if you have any issues that need sorting out.

My current manager has already received so many complaints from other staff members. hes rude, condescending, If youre not available to take a shift he will attempt to bully or intimidate you into taking the shift. going as far as trying to twist the situation around by saying it sounded like i was trying to dictate the terms of my contract which is funny as im on a zero hour contract, and such as it is my job role allows me to turn down work if I so wish to. I have no qualms about doing 45-48hrs p/w but 5 days a week doing 9hr shifts leaves very little personal time. I also end up working almost every weekend. I ask for a weekend off and he trys to spin it around like hes trying to do me a favour by giving me the weekend off.

He always gloats about the people hes had to dismiss and about how many people just couldnt 'stand the pressure' and left the company leaving the department really short staffed, though he wont openly care to admit.

At one stage there were almost over 40 people with the same job as me. Now it seems like its been whittled down to a small handful of regulars - those of us who are either too stupid to leave the company and those of us who have no idea why we're still in the job but we just are.

He always talks about being professional when in reality he himself has had a pretty colourful time with the company. he has been demoted, disciplined and suspended so many times. Even banned from working on this particular contract but someone in upper management keeps bringing him back and now they even made him manager.

This is the kind of idiots they want as manager.

2. Boozad

Boozad

Thanks Received:
    It's pretty much the same at our place, it's a big company so the inadequacies of the management by and large go unnoticed, and it's us who suffer as a consequence. There are so many lazy fuckers in our department it's untrue, and the few who do actually bother to work have to pick up the slack. One 'kid' (he's 22 now) literally does nothing for the majority of the week, every week, and gets away with it which pisses a hell of a lot of people off but nothing gets done about it because all our managers worry about is sales figures each month to keep their superiors happy.

If the money wasn't so good here I'd leave, that's the catch 22 situation unfortunately. Plus we get a lot of overtime so moving department isn't really the best option financially.

3. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well chaps the AMD FX 9590 and 9370 just became available to UK retailers. I presume you'll all be buying one for a very meager £699.95? Or the cheaper option at £260?

4. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Its burning and you are thinking of dumping another 200w into the room? Thanks, but no thanks :rolleyes:

5. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    They dont even overclock very well xD

And this is Britain, THE SUMMER WILL NEVER LAST I TELL YOU.

6. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    My PC hasn't been on longer than 5 minutes in the last couple of weeks. Getting me some f'ing poontang!

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Well I will welcome some rain to cool things down. Best weather is low to mid 20s for me.

8. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Pron doesn't count as poontang my friend :p

I want some rain only because I am stuck in the office with some poor excuse for AC (people don't know how to shut a door :slap: )

As for the new AMD chips no thanks, I'll be rejigging my rig in a month or so when I have moved and finances are sorted as I am running a cheap mobo, case and stock cooling.

tigger says thanks.
  9. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Was my sarcasm about the AMD chips completely missed? :D
    I dont want rain in this heat, I'd rather have dry heat than 20 times more humidity.
    My finances will be at last sorted on the 23rd, no more debt and credit card cleared! :toast:
    Then next month I've got to buy a car and I'll have no money ever again.

10. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    get a triumph daytona

[​IMG]

It will give you better mileage and you can scare the shit out of your GF while she rides with you on the back

11. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    My original plan was to learn to ride, started doing it, then you know, complaints about future "family" use of travelling was dropped on my head. Used to ride an old Honda 125. My dad also used to ride, then got closelined by a moron opening a car door in a dual lane road. He never rode again.
    Responsibility sucks.

12. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    da fuq is that about? you're 20 man, you need to be having fun not thinking about family right now :slap::laugh:

13. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    I know, but my girlfriend and mother talk a lot. They demand practical things.

14. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Sorry to hear about your pa, unfortunately there is no protection against idiots on the road and i have experienced a lot of them while cycling in the City and its not just because a lot of road users there hate cyclists. I have been cut up by black cabs, busses and other vehicles.

There is no reason you cant have both - Keep the 125 for commuting into work and get a car for family use - Obviously If your dad is willing to car share then that makes the situation a little easier.

15. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    He said it was totally worth it purely for the nurse that looked after him :laugh:
    He drives now anyway, to Melton Mowbray, which is total opposite direction I go.
    Yeah, I'll see if I can even afford to run both when I've got a car to pay for. Girlfriend also demands a car trip holiday when I get one too :D

16. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    HURH HURH HURH!

I'm gettin' my groove on.

Peace!

:rockout:

d1nky and NdMk2o1o say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  17. d1nky

Thanks Received:
    LOL at some of the posts!

£260 on a cpu that hasnt been reviewed yet, and that probably wont do as well as its big brother (9590) which doesnt do as well as its competition (4770k) for £260 LULZ

im thinking on getting a bike, im too young for anything big so id want a nice supermoto or something, used to have an aprrilia RS125 and a DTR125 = FUN

and about the parteeeyyyyyyy boiii.... from ya profile pic it looks like one has had too much party! me too have had too much party in the good old bad days, now im too old!

so rock out with ya cock out for me too LOL :rockout:

18. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    When you work in a high school you cant go out into the town clubs or party, too many students get let in!

19. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Giggety :cool: :laugh:

20. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Grantham = Award for ugliest town-women in 2004. No giggety.

21. d1nky

Thanks Received:
    lol

bournemouth = im not a teacher, they are all students, i live next to houses, drunken gigeggegegty! (but not freshers, the older 20s)

rcoon got a missus as well, shame on ya Ndmk

edit: shame on ya both :shadedshu

22. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Problem solved

[​IMG]

23. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Trust me, weight isnt the problem, its the pipework.
    Heard of the 1-3 scale woman joke?
    1 = 1 bag over her head
    2 = 1 bag over her head, 1 bag over yours
    3 = 1 bag over her head, 1 bag over yours, 1 bag to puke in afterwards.

24. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    try a Honda CBR250R. Not the fastest bike on the road but it will happily cruise at 70-80mph and its got plenty of torque at lower revs for pulling away from traffic and overall a pretty agile bike with a great comfortable ride.

Its a single cylinder engine with a total output between 23-26BHP but it will easily complete with more powerful bikes around the 33-35BHP mark.

good fuel economy at 70Mpg depending how you ride and most people who i know and have heard of that went from a a 250R to a more powerful 600-750cc bike say there is very little difference between the weaker and more powerful bike when it comes to riding around town but they do note that the single cylinder was generally a lot more fun at lower revs

25. d1nky

Thanks Received:
    and your partner........... not from grantham i hope!

:roll:

its summer time tho, usually they hibernate and the nice ones come out!

or the ones mentioned above wear leggings to add insult to injury LOL

[​IMG]