1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    that made me lol about Russia hosting 2018 that would just mean Russia will be part of the world cup and also footballers can freeze their pants off :D

2. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Tatty's house? Sat next to me?

And, i think mine is close enough, but if you really fancy stalking me, Crofton - Wakefield.

3. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Your more than welcome to visit, just beware of the anti personnel mines and booby traps that I have carefully placed in the grounds around the property :D Ohhh and nDmK2010 I am not a native here, this is wife's hometown, I was born and bred in Malvern.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    ;) ;)

10 Year Member at TPU
  5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So........ 1st names? or is this breaking teh rulz of teh interwebz?

Mick here :toast:

6. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Uhh, Four? I am Chinese, and I don't have an English name. That makes me extremely easy to stalk, so I will pass. Just a passer by in England, once I finish my education I will be back in South East Asia or work here for a few years, then go back home. Depending on how they change the visa laws.

@Tatty, I will be more than honoured to enjoy the booby traps over your place :D

7. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    So where you born in the UK? I must say if not, your english is better than a lot of native british people, winds me up people using chav and txt talk outside of texting, FB is a big example of this!! though that said I hear a lot of this from my little cousins, hopefully it's a generational thing and not just the fact they don't actually know how to spell and use punctuation, though weird thing is I get better at punctuation as I get older, It's not that I didnt know how to correctly use punctuation before but I was too lazy to!!

8. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    You never know these days lol you know there's a place called Bitchfield in Lincolnshire? And Wetwang in Yorkshire? Hmmm.... That's probably where Chloe Mafia came from :rolleyes:

It's crazy, there's still people out sledging and it's nearly 11. Tons of snow. Some of the M20 is closed from what I've been told. I sent some bits off to other TPU! users on Monday, and they haven't received them yet. I need to get into town and do christmas shopping etc. but no chance! Oh well...

Here be Sam, as most of you know already :p

9. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Nope, I came to UK about 2 years ago (this being my 3rd year), off a scholarship from my government (otherwise I wouldn't be able to afford to study here :S). I am a "traditionalist", I find it easier to understand queen's English than other fancy spelling and pronunciation. Well, my mother tongue is a mix of mandarin, English and some other random dialect, and language is not my strong point.

10. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    I'm chinese and i was born in the UK and i have to agree people that speaks chavy or pathetic text talk all over the place and not use correct terms piss me off a lot,yeah i use some but not all, i find basic english much easier to understand and weird languages like text talk which i would be laughing at or be confused on what they are trying to say.
    Luckily none of my friends i know don't use the pathetic terms and now text talk is an accepted spoken type of language in the English language which you will be learning in As level and probably in university?
    I think for someone who has only been in the country for 2 years you adapted to the environment very well. :)

Although i can't stand pathetic human beings taking the piss out of people who cannot pronounce couple of words properly at their best;i'm sure you seen people taking the piss all over the internet specially on youtube and outside,i can't even give an example because its an insult to people who only know basic english grammar and trying to learn how to pronounce the word to live here.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  11. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Not really, my social group here is rather pathetic. Many non-English speaking Europeans, a few HK people here and there, and then there are only about a dozen natives. :shadedshu

Nighty night people, dont freeze :D

12. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    lol check out Northampton its been invaded by asians and im speaking of different region such as Bangladesh and Indians and also mainly polish people that are european,then you got the pathetic idiot native british that gets benefits to sit their ass at home and make load of babies while people who are in education and working is paying tax to help these morons.

gumpty and qubit say thanks.
  13. scaminatrix

scaminatrix

Thanks Received:
    That was me for a while! It was terrible trying to find a job a few years ago. Doesn't seem as bad now, as long as you're prepared to do the jobs everyone else avoids.

EDIT: A mere 6 pages back was during the last snow season :laugh:
    Page 10 is the one before that, if anyone's getting nostalgic...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  14. gunsmoke

gunsmoke New Member

Thanks Received:
    So this is the u.k. club house
    All you brits hang out ;)

15. kurosagi01

kurosagi01

Thanks Received:
    Well at least you did something about it,why should people who are working right now help pay the government to keep a service to keep making people lazy and not go to work? They are taking people money and all they do is wasting space and not doing anything creative.

16. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    I like your mentality, but sadly the government doesn't. They talk about "people who cannot find jobs even if they try", hence the benefits. Bloody politicians.

17. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    South West London here. And also another 'bloody foreigner' taking British jobs. I'm what the English call Antipodean, and have been here over five years (my grandfather was born near Manchester, so I could someday get a British Passport).

18. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Benefits are a good thing and help many people out, please don't be blinded by the media and politics who make it out as though everyone is playing the system, they do not it is a small minority of people, though of course the politicians can bring it up whenever they feel the need as it draws attention from other issues.

Some numbers, the DWP spends about 120 billion a year, 17 billion goes on JSA/income support and housing benefit, the rest is for pensions (67 billion) and other benefits which include disability etc, of the 17 billions that goes to work related benefits less than a billion of that is actually thought to be by wrongful claimants. So as much as we do pay for the people who abuse the system, that is not where the majority of our hard earned tax goes, again the media and politicians would have you believe so.

All of this is with a total spend of 650 billion.... food for thought perhaps.

I think you should change your mentality, I have no problem with foreigners who come here and work hard for a living as do 99% of people, I DO have a problem with the foreigners who come here to work the system and don't work, claim benefits for a big family and take council houses, as I have the same problem with brits doing the same.

scaminatrix says thanks.
  19. InnocentCriminal

InnocentCriminal Resident Grammar Amender

Thanks Received:
    Politics, boo! Why did we stop talking about the prudy gurls and Tatty pimping out his daughters?

:p

I was actually born in Worcester but I've grown up and lived in Herefordshire my whole life. I've strived not to have the stupid Herefordian accident and pronounce my letters and words correctly and to better myself where and when I can.

10 Year Member at TPU
  20. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    If you add where you are from in the UK to your details I will add you to the members list..... there will be benefits to being a member, occasionally I might do a small "giveaway" to get rid of kit lying around by putting all the members name into a hat and drawing a winner, might start after Xmas actually :)

gunsmoke, qubit, scaminatrix and 3 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  21. LifeOnMars

LifeOnMars New Member

Thanks Received:
    I need to be added please, i did request it on one of the pages a long while back but must have got missed:)

22. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Added..... can you be a little more specific as to location in your details please as we are trying to pinpoint exactly where members are. Actually I might add a 2nd post with a UK Map on with markings for where each of us live..... when I have got a quiet period at work!

10 Year Member at TPU
  23. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Danny ere. If i have anything of small value laying around AFTER xmas, i'll join tatty in the give away :)

scaminatrix, LifeOnMars and Tatty_One say thanks.
  24. gumpty

gumpty

Thanks Received:
    Indeed politics BOOO!

Let's talk about something much more British ... hmmm ... favourite beer or ale?

25. Tatty_One

Thanks Received:
    Or even "How did we manage to get only 1 vote out of 21 (exluding brit vote) for our World Cup bid" :shadedshu

10 Year Member at TPU