1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'TechPowerUp Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. RCoon

RCoon Gaming Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    If you want to, I don't recommend it. I just caught him, genuinely, raping the cat on the stairs. I'm not kidding, this is the first time it's happened, I was getting changed out of my work clothes and could hear the cat meowing very loudly. He's always been very fond of her and chases her around, but this is the first time that sort of thing has shown itself...

Needless to say I'm a little shocked.

2. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    MSI Dragon Water ordered, needless to say I chose the cheapo delivery so I don't expect it until end of next week.

3. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    I'd be interested to see the thermal performance, and the acoustic performance of this cooler. It's a fairly decent price.

4. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    It's just a rebadged H55, or at least the asetek equivalent anyway. I only ordered the MSI one instead because I'm theming my build as best I can.

5. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Ah I see. Installation pics would be also cool to see - be interesting to see your theming. Of course the Corsair equivalent is always going to be more expensive. Whether or not its better is a different matter.

6. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Inside of my case is not so tidy, and I intend to destroy the cooler's silent performance by strapping a SanAce to it! My entire case is just filled with Dell Server fans wherever there's a hardpoint for it.

7. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:

Fan control that shit bro

10 Year Member at TPU
  8. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Yeah all my server fan's are kept at 50% or below anyway. 4500RPM isn't a fun night gaming at all.

9. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    are they the 120x120x35mm fans by any chance? If possible id like to grab 3 or 4 for a little test. let me know how much i gotta pay

10 Year Member at TPU
  10. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    38mm, and I don't have any spare, they're all being used inside my case ofc.
    I do however have 2 Nidec Beta V's spare (120x120x38 4500RPM), which are similar only noisier, and weigh a lot more. I've soldered on the 4pin PWM's because you have to mod the fan cables.

11. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Ah I was supposed to say 38mm (no idea why i said 35.

are they still loud even at 1000-2000rpm?

10 Year Member at TPU
  12. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    They are just "audible" at 50%, which is fine for me, I'd say no louder than the average Static Pressure fan at 90% power.

EDIT: Then again my case is sound proofed

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  13. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Do you have the long mounting screws for them too? Also - whats the price for both? :p

I will trade you the TP-Link powerline kit for them :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  14. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    'Fraid not, just used zip ties in the past. You can have them for free bar postage costs. I can always rescue some more the next time a server is getting chucked out. Catch is I'm out of town for the beer festival this weekend, so I won't be able to post them until Tuesday at the earliest.

15. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    I have a Plantatronics Gamecom 380 (not my own) with a dodgy 3.5mm connector (headphone). If you wiggle the wire by the connector, it switches between having and not having audio, so sounds like a problem with the metal and wire contacts. Any suggestions?

16. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    £67 of imported unadulterated Belgium beer @ 9.7%

Heading out to the beer festival shortly in Newark!
    [​IMG]

17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:

RMA or get creative with some sticky tape

RCoon says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  18. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    So....

Ive just noticed that probably within the last few hours that another LED on my RMA'd K70 has died. I had 2 LEDs dead before and i didnt care because they wasnt as obtrusive but now the LED under the 'Y' key has died and it just annoys the shit out of me.

why the fuck do i pay for a keyboard with LED lighting if the LEDs dont work? Its surprising because i thought Corsair had their bad batch issues sorted out but it seems like i was given a keyboard from the same bad batch except that this time around the LEDs didnt die within a month of me owning the K70.

Ive messaged grey_beard to see what he will do about it. Ive asked if he will give me a refund but chances are they wont and i will have to jump through hoops with ebuyer to get a refund because im sending a keyboard back that doesnt match the same serial, batch or whatever IDs of the one they originally sent me out.

Worse comes to worst. Imma have to put in an order for a Ducky Shine III before i ship the K70 back to corsair

10 Year Member at TPU
  19. LaytonJnr

LaytonJnr

Thanks Received:
    Thanks! I think the owner is going to return the item through Amazon, so I wish them every luck with it. Would've returning it to Plantatronics been any easier or worth it?

Layton

20. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Not returned stuff to plantronics before but the retailer is usually the first port of call when something goes wrong when under warranty. When out of warranty you can perhaps chance it and ask if they will help you nicely - it wont kill you to ask right? chances are they will turn you away but i have known some retailers to accept it and deal with the RMA even if its out of warranty.

One time i got boned by Amazon who gave me a 30day returns warranty with a kingston HyperX ram cooler. Amazon would not allow me to RMA with them so i contacted Kingston and they directed me back to Amazon and this time Amazon were a bit more helpful this time and I asked them why they gave me a 30day warranty for a new product when manufacturers warranty is clearly 1 year. Damn thing cost me about £20.

all other occasions however, Amazon have been exemplary when it comes to returning items and it doesnt matter if i just wasnt satisfied with the product upon receiving it or it was faulty.

10 Year Member at TPU
  21. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    It's against consumer law to sell anything new with anything less than 1 years manufacturer warranty, basically.

22. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Well good news (for those who have seen my last posts) I have acquired a new job which I'm starting this week and have also met a new lady friend and things seem to be going really well, so all in all life is looking good again, though I still have a lot of loose ends to deal with namely finding a new less expensive place to live in and getting back on track money wise, so needs must. I am going to be selling my rig to help to make my first month in work a little bit easier money wise. I don't use it as much as I used to, hardly game any more and can do most other things on my phone. Currently this is what I'm rocking, not the best but still plenty of oomph for everything I need to do as well as some 1080p gaming which is still does fine:

Intel Core i5 3570k unlocked processor (Quad core, 3.4GHZ stock)
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H Motherboard
    8GB (2x4GB) GSkill DDR3 RAM 2133MHZ
    Nvidia Geforce 460 768MB PCIE Graphics Card
    2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA2 Hard Drive
    Antec Vp500W Power Supply

Benq 24" 1080p LCD
    Logitech Z550 5.1
    Zalman mouse and
    Razer Lycosa KB

Basically am looking to get rid of the lot as fast as possible, is £400 asking too much for the lot for a quick sale?

*Note to mods I am not offering for sale here, it's listed on an external site, should I decide to sell on TPU it will be listed on BST with all relevant pics etc

RCoon says thanks.
  23. gdallsk

gdallsk

Thanks Received:
    Hmm, seems reasonable, considering you're selling everything at once.

NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  24. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Very cheap if I do say so myself, I'd say you could probably get a little more than what you're asking, but you shouldn't have a problem shifting the lot. Monitors ate pricey to mail though from our past experience :D might be worth keeping the monitor and selling the rest.

NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  25. RCoon

Thanks Received:
    Well I was driving on the A1 last night at about 10PM and noticed a banged up people carrier in front of me with a smashed rear brake light. There was no one else on the A1 at the time, we drove past a turn off and then the guy stopped dead, literally just stopped before the next road where cars join the A1. Being sensible as I am I was already yards behind so I just swerved off and missed the guy. Apparently these "crash for cash" scams have been going on a lot these days, but this is my first experience!