1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

Discussion in 'techPowerUp! Club Forum' started by mullered07, Aug 13, 2008.

1. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    I just clicked in from the TPU front page and read this, I'm thinking you mean snow.... :ohwell: haha

None here, it's annoying now as even the lot we had 2 weeks ago we got a light dusting here :( no days off work for me :banghead:

2. Tatty_One

Tatty_One Decrepit Senior Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    I am only about 17 miles from you and we have had loads lol.

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    Really? :banghead: dammit, hope we get some tomorrow as forecast, though now even the forecast has changed from heavy snow to light :(

Can't I just get a damn day off work before Christmas, not having to go back Monday until Thursday would be ideal :D

On a different note, I get paid Christmas eve so will be finishing my i5 760 build, still to order an case, SSD, RAM and motherboard..... suspense is killing me :cry:

4. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    I'll be selling mine soon :)

5. NdMk2o1o

NdMk2o1o

Thanks Received:
    what? why? when???

Think I will pass as I already have the 760, will most likely be getting a UD4, 1800+ ram and a 90gb vertex SSD, though if the price is right then I might have to have some of that off your hands!

6. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Well, I was looking for £110 + £65 for the RAM (IIRC) and i won't be posting/selling anything till January (cos of RM's fail atm).

NdMk2o1o says thanks.
  7. Fourstaff

Fourstaff Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    No snow in central London :/

8. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    No snow here either. Though, we did have a week of it before... I WANT MOAR.

9. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    got 1 inch in 1/2hr in harrow

10. MoonPig

MoonPig

Thanks Received:
    Who ever asked, sorry but by the looks of things, the i5 setup and the DA750 arn't for sale anymore.

On a lighter note, Anyone wanting to hire me in West Yorkshire?

11. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Must have gone in to the shop on the wrong day :laugh: I definitely like them and will keep buying there. Only place I can get web+delivery prices instantly after work on a payday :D

Plenty of snow and ice in Moorgate. I slipped on ice and when I fell I dented the top of my phone :mad:

12. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    slipped twice today, both my pairs of shoes are now fucked beyond belief!

13. DrPepper

DrPepper The Doctor is in the house

Thanks Received:
    Yeah snow .....

14. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Dammit, what's wrong with South Kensington? Everybody is slipping around their snow and stuff, and here I am, high and dry. There is a snow powder covering the pavements, and that's just it. 1mm? probs.

15. FreedomEclipse

FreedomEclipse ~Technological Technocrat~

Thanks Received:
    chris is the white guy with glasses btw - I try to go in when he's busy so I go around to the other guys as they know me a little better - they sold me my current 5850 for £120 when my 4870 didnt make it back from RMA - Back then they were around £180+, Chris is the worst guy to have attend to you. he does give some good advice but hes just not that friendly like the other guys, with the others you can usually have a joke with but chris is all business. and the motherf**ker wont give me discounts! but if one of the other guys were tending to me, you bet id get £5-20 off depending on how much im spending

16. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Ah yes, know you mean, he is the one that gave me the idea they didn't know much lol. Okay so we narrowed it down. Yeah there is one brazilian guy who I've not seen in a little while, Juan I think his name was, he was really cool and gave me discount for speaking spanish with him :D

I want him back!!!

17. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    Unfortunately - Juan went on holiday & never returned to yoyotech - He now works for Epsilon Computers around the corner. I dont know what happend there but I think Epsilon computers offerd him more money....

who knows anyway. IMO Epsilon Computers are no where near as good as yoyotech - and even though I have bought stuff from Epsilon - Id like to keep business with them to a minimum as they dont really offer the best prices on the street

18. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Ah, that explains it :(

I bought my old HAF 932 from Epsilon. It turned out very expensive because the plastic cover for the top part was missing, and they made me take the whole case for them to check. Don't drive and too big for bus so had to pay taxi. But you're right from Tottenham Court Road, yoyotech is the place to buy no doubt.

Ever gone to the saturday computer fairs in that area? Not much good there, but they do have lots of cheap stuff if you are ever asked to make a budget build. And lots of ethernet cables, in nice colors lol

19. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I have on a few occasions - and about a good 75-85% of the stuff they sell there (especially the laptop coolers with multicoloured LEDs) are something you would normally get from market places in Hong Kong. they sell a lot of stuff there but I dont buy anything unless i know i can repair it myself or send it off for RMA - i.e Sapphiretech wont accept Direct RMAs - everything has to go through where you bought it from. If i buy a duff graphics card from one of the traders and then hes not there again after a few weeks when the cards gone wrong. you will be stuck in the mud.

and secondly i highly doubt the guy you bought the graphics card off will give a shit as he probably just bought 10 units from the cheapest random supplier and dont care at all if the cards working or not so long as he makes a sale

20. KieX

Thanks Received:
    Yeah definitely. My first own built computer was with parts from a market like that one in bayswater. But yeah wouldn't trust them for anything expensive nowadays. Mostly go for cables or bits and bobs like that.

21. Fourstaff

Thanks Received:
    Snowing :3

22. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    snowing for 1 hr here in harrow!

23. Bo$$

Bo$$ Lab Extraordinaire

Thanks Received:
    that was a decent place, their video cards are wayyy to expensive 8800gt £170!!!!

24. Millennium

Millennium

Thanks Received:
    The snow is amazing. I wonder what the odds are for a white christmas next week.

Just popped to the shops to spend my free £5 voucher (PC World/Currys) and on the way back it was pretty heavy snow. All the pavements that were clear are now covered in snow again. Going to stay in today lol :)

10 Year Member at TPU
  25. FreedomEclipse

Thanks Received:
    I popped out to the post office to pick up what i think should be my amp tubes (unless Kustompcs - paid for overnight shipping on my replacement bling cathodes for the ones that werent so lucky and got painfully munched on by the Royal Mail Moster) The van that has my package still hasnt returned to the depo yet so I gotta wait - but the lady there said check back before 3pm. :(

----

Infact - i think it could be my replacement bling tubes as Kustompcs did pay for special delivery with the last delivery

awesome - My bling tubes could be flashing in time with the beats of Daftpunk in no time. (yes - I thought id get some sound sensitive cathodes - because Im f**king gay like that)