• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Better watch out from Corsa drivers.
I had a woman in a corsa..yep corsa ironically pull out in front of me when she can clearly see i'm still going around the roundabout.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Better watch out from Corsa drivers.
I had a woman in a corsa..yep corsa ironically pull out in front of me when she can clearly see i'm still going around the roundabout.

As a road cyclist, I find the standard of driving (at least in london) to be pretty poor. People develop bad habits and start driving like shit the moment they pass their test and no longer have an instructor sitting in the seat next to them marking them down for shitty driving. This doesnt reflect all drivers though

Im a firm believer that if you want to keep your driving license that you should retake your test every few years.... Even then people could still drive like shit though. but hopefully the retest would stop them from picking up bad habits.

If having retests is not an option then we really need the police to step up their game and start handing out more points and fines for bad driving and we all know thats not going to happen any time soon given the current state of the police force.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
As a road cyclist, I find the standard of driving (at least in london) to be pretty poor. People develop bad habits and start driving like shit the moment they pass their test and no longer have an instructor sitting in the seat next to them marking them down for shitty driving. This doesnt reflect all drivers though

Im a firm believer that if you want to keep your driving license that you should retake your test every few years.... Even then people could still drive like shit though. but hopefully the retest would stop them from picking up bad habits.

If having retests is not an option then we really need the police to step up their game and start handing out more points and fines for bad driving and we all know thats not going to happen any time soon given the current state of the police force.

The problem is if they did implement a regular re-test is that people would have developed their own driving style after passing their test.
Kinda like how we was taught how to do something in school but you then eventually discover there is actually a better way of doing it in your own way and it's a lot easier to understand for yourself.
Not everyone likes the 10-2 steering position and doing the push-pull(dish wash) technique when turning the wheel either. Not doing any of these as a learner would be a instant fail so they can't exactly be lenient on experience drivers not wanting to do it. The 10-2 & push-pull is very old fashion and is not effective at all, granted some people do like driving 10-2 but the push-pull is way too old fashion and its not entirely safe&effective to do when going around really tight corners at all.
Checking your mirrors constantly& regularly to make it obvious to the examiner is just a box-ticking exercise when its not entirely necessary to constantly check it. Of course regular intervals is fine as I do check mine regularly to make sure a muppet is not driving up my arse or making sure i'm checking if there is a motorcyclist etc going filter pass me and I leave enough room to do so if its safe.
Now going by my statement, I would most definitely fail instantly because my driving technique isn't the "test" standard and not because of not driving "safely".
The test standard needs a major update, getting rid of some reverse manoeuvres and adding in a "follow" sat nav thing isn't exactly improving new drivers to today standard at all.

What really needs to happen is we as human beings need a slap in the face of reality check, a car is a piece of metal like a missile which can go bang in a split milliseconds from a mistake.
People need to remember safety comes first over priority of whatever we are doing (looking at the morons using their phones while driving) and be mindful we are human beings and not everyone attention span or reflexes are the same.
Then you have idiots driving the completely wrong way like on a roundabout? or going in a one way zone that is not your correct way? Well..no saving you there.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Having a dash cam installed in my car has made me a safer driver, or at least more aware :D
Knowing it records my driving as well as that of other drivers makes me think how I affect others around me, so I am less likely to speed or do risky overtakes.
Having a camera mounted in the rear window as well has reduced the amount of idiots that tailgate too.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Having a dash cam installed in my car has made me a safer driver, or at least more aware :D
Knowing it records my driving as well as that of other drivers makes me think how I affect others around me, so I am less likely to speed or do risky overtakes.
Having a camera mounted in the rear window as well has reduced the amount of idiots that tailgate too.
I have a dashcam in my front windscreen, still need figure out how to get one installed in rear...most likely going to need hardwire in.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(

What model do you have installed @Caring1 ? :) I've often wondered whether or not I should get one installed in my car.. It's rather surprising people fail to see a yellow car with lights on .....

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
What model do you have installed @Caring1 ? :) I've often wondered whether or not I should get one installed in my car.. It's rather surprising people fail to see a yellow car with lights on .....
Also known to science that people still can't see a giant lorry or van or bright car pulling out junction or going around a roundabout or in a lane to overtake.
I recommend a dashcam though, depending on your budget you can get like a 150+ or something dash cam that can power on when detect any "objects" near the car which can be handy in car parks.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Also known to science that people still can't see a giant lorry or van or bright car pulling out junction or going around a roundabout or in a lane to overtake.
I recommend a dashcam though, depending on your budget you can get like a 150+ or something dash cam that can power on when detect any "objects" near the car which can be handy in car parks.

Thanks for that :) Is there a particular model or make that you might recommend? Having my 6 year old daughter with me, I'm looking to make sure if I did need to ever do anything about an accident (and there's been a few times recently that have been close calls) I'd like to make sure I'm covered I think..

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I ended up with a NAVI[8]R Pro X, after having a couple of cheap ones that eventually died or failed in some way.
It's basically got everything you need, motion sensing when parked, GPS, street names and speed displayed on screen, G sensor and a lot more.
Although the speed alert was confusing me where that sound came from when I edged over the limit, it is handy as it recognises road works and school zones too.
Edit: I just had a look online for it and that model has been discontinued, probably replaced by a better model as mine has been faultless.

Last edited:

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I ended up with a NAVI[8]R Pro X, after having a couple of cheap ones that eventually died or failed in some way.
It's basically got everything you need, motion sensing when parked, GPS, street names and speed displayed on screen, G sensor and a lot more.
Although the speed alert was confusing me where that sound came from when I edged over the limit, it is handy as it recognises road works and school zones too.
Edit: I just had a look online for it and that model has been discontinued, probably replaced by a better model as mine has been faultless.

Would you mind linking me to the replacement at all please? :) Do you have two installed for front and rear cameras? :)

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I'll see if I can find it over in the UK :) If not, I'll have to go find something similar :)

I was wondering if you might have two of the same, front and rear seems like it could be the way to go with how some drivers behave...

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Ideally I would love to have two of the quality units, but cost is a factor at the moment.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I completely understand :)

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
I love this guy....

"Hardly Used -Gaming Purposes Only "

But he has 5 available... Yeeeaaaahhh, youre not fooling anyone buddy :laugh::laugh::laugh: those cards probaby done as much gaming as Ive done cocaine.

Last edited:
System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Finally finished my Full Dip and Plasti Dip training, got home and spent the weekend spraying my car:

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
how many grands did that paint job cost?

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
how many grands did that paint job cost?

Technically free, as I did it myself. In terms of materials, about £350 plus what it cost me to do the training and buy the "good" spray gun and not the FD650 trash that most people buy.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Technically free, as I did it myself. In terms of materials, about £350 plus what it cost me to do the training and buy the "good" spray gun and not the FD650 trash that most people buy.

Ahhh proper job!

I bet youre going to be crying if it ever gets scratched.

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Ahhh proper job!

I bet youre going to be crying if it ever gets scratched.
I can just peel the paint off of the panel and repaint it myself, it's liquid vinyl paint!

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Never been a fan of wraps for cars, see too many of them done now at shows and getting bored of seeing it now lol.
Going to TRAX at silverstone this Sunday with couple of peeps from my mates group, we actually somehow got put on tarmac for once as we have always been on grass lol.
Just hope the space isn't tiny though.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Never been a fan of wraps for cars, see too many of them done now at shows and getting bored of seeing it now lol.
Going to TRAX at silverstone this Sunday with couple of peeps from my mates group, we actually somehow got put on tarmac for once as we have always been on grass lol.
Just hope the space isn't tiny though.

make some sexy go pro footage.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I love this guy....

"Hardly Used -Gaming Purposes Only "

But he has 5 available... Yeeeaaaahhh, youre not fooling anyone buddy :laugh::laugh::laugh: those cards probaby done as much gaming as Ive done cocaine.

At least he's optimistic :lol:

I really need my car re-sprayed, it's got lacquer issues :(

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro