• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Motherboard Msi b550m Mortar +WiFi
Cooling Cryorig m9
Memory Crucial Ballistix c16 B-die 2x8gb
Video Card(s) Powercolor rx570 4gb
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Display(s) Samsung 65" TU7100
Case Zzaw b3
Audio Device(s) Yamaha rx-v363
Power Supply Corsair sf750
Mouse Logitech g300s
Keyboard Custom Skyloong sk64s
Software Windows 11Pro
yep it is.

now, its time for you to decide, are you going to go half in half with me on petrol to explore this Great Island?!!!?

I just found out Jurassic FIbre is available in my area, 22 pounds for 450 down and 100 up... probably making the switch to that asap.
I'm thinking about finding a fibre engineering and chucking him a couple of quid to run a spf connection between us and all the families houses in the area you constantly see them with their picnic tables working on the lines here. Might aswell consolidate all the connections to our house, load balance them and just give the houses what they need mostly all of us have 600/600 and they only use them for their phones I doubt anyone is using more than 100/100.

It would also be a good way to justify a purchase of a threadripper server to my wife and get the family off their reliance on cloud storage

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Where in the midlands are you? BT is rolling out FTTH in lots of places, I pay £40/mth for 0.5Gb download and it hits that consistently though the upload is pretty weak at 50mbps if that bothers you, it's with EE which is essentially a BT subsidiary, though before this, the best I could get was about 55mbps download fttc then copper to the premises
Burton on Trent.

Fun fact that Virgin has fibre in half of the town, but didn't bother laying down the lines in the other half. I live in that other half.

Another fun fact that TalkTalk's 65 Mbps package costs me £26, even though my line only supports 35 Mbps max. The actual 35 Mbps package would only be £2 cheaper.

Yet another fun fact that my parents pay 10 quid for 200 Mbps in Hungary. Openreach should be ashamed.

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Storage WD black sn750 256gb (OS), crucial mx500 1tb(storage),Hitatchi ?? 7200rpm 500gb(Temp files)
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Burton on Trent.

Fun fact that Virgin has fibre in half of the town, but didn't bother laying down the lines in the other half. I live in that other half.

Another fun fact that TalkTalk's 65 Mbps package costs me £26, even though my line only supports 35 Mbps max. The actual 35 Mbps package would only be £2 cheaper.

Yet another fun fact that my parents pay 10 quid for 200 Mbps in Hungary. Openreach should be ashamed.
Yes totally insane I think my mother is paying £50 a month for what's just ctth I keep telling her to change it but "it works" as she says

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
Yes totally insane I think my mother is paying £50 a month for what's just ctth I keep telling her to change it but "it works" as she says
Wow, that's mad. And here I am, starving for something better when this pile of ... is the best thing in town (I mean my half of it).

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Wow, that's mad. And here I am, starving for something better when this pile of ... is the best thing in town (I mean my half of it).
We had a business line when I was a teen and she just kept the contract,bgoing from 56k to ISDN to DSL and now ctth it's always been top of the possible internet tree and always had a static IP but I haven't been able to do anything about it for a few years.

I bought her a Samsung Tab when they first came out and she's loved browsing the internet since (thank God she's not interested in social media).
so she wants to keep it but CBA to deal with changing it. I could just screw it sort it out online and just give them her mobile number to get her to confirm. Which I think I'm going to do now infact

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Just got home from driving around Somerset. Beautiful county. 9/10 (nothing will ever beat Cornwall for me, that is only one that gets 10/10)

Next up I want to go to the Cotswolds and run around yelling Codswallop!!! Codswallops in the Cotswolds

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Someone go half in half with me on petrol, my bank account is crying. I am having though, so eh

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Nothing makes sense to me,I really can't see any reason for people who can't get a proper fibre connection in the UK even bothering with BroadBand or a landline it's crap and expensive.
I'm just gonna get dear old mum to tell talk talk to shove it, she can get a Giffgaff goody bag with unlimited calls and 80g of 4g data for £25 that's plenty for her.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I'm on 350/35 download/upload. I'm with Virgin Media and the fibre line pretty much comes to the wall. I'm sure it could be higher but it serves its purpose well enough for me. I'm in no panic about my connection speeds and I think a lot of talk about download speed is almost akin to moar cores. If you want fibre to the door, even the street, you need to dig a lot of countryside. Usually along those very same roads young Callandor was complaining about earlier. I mean, if you travel North of Glasgow, things get sparse real quick and the cost/benefit ratio for a private company to invest in that sort of infrastructure becomes unpalatable.

The UK is also a very old country and the new streets lie on top of older streets--it's not like the utility companies can dig through green fields to reach your house. It's the same reason we've got piss poor prospect of electric charging and house insulation; much of the UK stock is very old (we avoided the worse damage of WW2). In some cases being a young industrial nation (Thailand), or having your country bombed to bits (modern rebuilding), has helped to make moving to a modern technological life far easier.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
I'm on 350/35 download/upload. I'm with Virgin Media and the fibre line pretty much comes to the wall. I'm sure it could be higher but it serves its purpose well enough for me. I'm in no panic about my connection speeds and I think a lot of talk about download speed is almost akin to moar cores. If you want fibre to the door, even the street, you need to dig a lot of countryside. Usually along those very same roads young Callandor was complaining about earlier. I mean, if you travel North of Glasgow, things get sparse real quick and the cost/benefit ratio for a private company to invest in that sort of infrastructure becomes unpalatable.

The UK is also a very old country and the new streets lie on top of older streets--it's not like the utility companies can dig through green fields to reach your house. It's the same reason we've got piss poor prospect of electric charging and house insulation; much of the UK stock is very old (we avoided the worse damage of WW2). In some cases being a young industrial nation (Thailand), or having your country bombed to bits (modern rebuilding), has helped to make moving to a modern technological life far easier.
I'm not sure about digging in Thailand but the local rotary club would shut a brick if they saw this outside on every pole.
https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-northeast-1.amazonaws.com%2Fpsh-ex-ftnikkei-3937bb4%2Fimages%2F5%2F1%2F2%2...jpg

Like I said I'm thinking of running a sfp cable to all my in laws houses, one sister is a few km down the road but I should be able to hide it in that lot.

I think it just more like the industrial Revolution never stopped in Asia they just keep going and going. Britain didn't give a crap back then either they just got things done didn't care about the consequences or aesthetics.

D

Deleted member 24505

I'm not sure about digging in Thailand but the local rotary club would shut a brick if they saw this outside on every pole.View attachment 245995

Like I said I'm thinking of running a sfp cable to all my in laws houses, one sister is a few km down the road but I should be able to hide it in that lot.

I think it just more like the industrial Revolution never stopped in Asia they just keep going and going. Britain didn't give a crap back then either they just got things done didn't care about the consequences or aesthetics.

Oh ffs :laugh:

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Video Card(s) Powercolor PCS+ 5870
Storage Samsung SpinPoint F3 1 TB
Display(s) Samsung LE-B530 37" TV
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Power Supply Thermaltake Toughpower 700w
Software Windows 7 64-bit
Ladies and gentlemen, I am sure that none of you need reminding that tomorrow you are called upon to postpone any gaming and/or tweaking and appear at your local polling station with suitable ID, it seems of particular importance on this occasion...

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I have a feeling I won't be bothering or able to more to the point.... Got out from hospital Tuesday afternoon after an over night stay that wasn't planned but at least I'm ok :) I mean, no worse than before I guess :laugh:

How is everyone??

Just got home from driving around Somerset. Beautiful county. 9/10 (nothing will ever beat Cornwall for me, that is only one that gets 10/10)

Next up I want to go to the Cotswolds and run around yelling Codswallop!!! Codswallops in the Cotswolds

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Someone go half in half with me on petrol, my bank account is crying. I am having though, so eh
I did warn ya :laugh:

I'm not sure about digging in Thailand but the local rotary club would shut a brick if they saw this outside on every pole.View attachment 245995

A few cable ties would sort that out no problems......... Maybe

Hmmm labour or more tories, do you want your eyeballs poked out with a hot knife or repeatedly rear ended by the entire england rugby team over and over again? it's a hard pass from me, unfortunately we have taken on the American system of a two party democracy and it's more of a case of voting for the lesser evil rather than a democracy....

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
A few cable ties would sort that out no problems......... Maybe
They actually actively started cable tidying last year after the king brought in a law about it, too many cables were falling and decapitating passing motorcyclists(no joke). The pole outside our land isn't quite as bad as that but we're rural so far less customers.

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Hmmm labour or more tories, do you want your eyeballs poked out with a hot knife or repeatedly rear ended by the entire england rugby team over and over again? it's a hard pass from me, unfortunately we have taken on the American system of a two party democracy and it's more of a case of voting for the lesser evil rather than a democracy....
I don't accept the argument that they are all the same, nor the view that it is merely a binary choice, but in any event you take a regrettable Anglocentric view of matters: many of us can vote for neither of the parties you mention, though our lives are governed by the decisions taken by both, consider that before bemoaning an apparent lack of democracy. That said, I would encourage you and everyone else to use their vote, even if you feel that it is a futile gesture.

System Name micropage7
Processor Intel Xeon X3470
Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. P55A-UD3R (Socket 1156)
Cooling Enermax ETS-T40F
Memory Samsung 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3
Video Card(s) NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800
Storage V-GEN03AS18EU120GB, Seagate 2 x 1TB and Seagate 4TB
Display(s) Samsung 21 inch LCD Wide Screen
Case Icute Super 18
Audio Device(s) Auzentech X-Fi Forte
Power Supply Silverstone 600 Watt
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Sades Excalibur + Taihao keycaps
Software Win 7 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Classified

poles and spaghetti cabbles
in here not on poles but they are destroying the road and the sidewalk for placing the cables and i dunno after years i don't think they have master plan to make a main channel for cabling and its' mess
they usually prefer digging and fix it then digging and fix it and leave bump and scars
ada-galian-optik-jalan-otista-menyempit-1_43.jpeg

taman-pinggir-jalan.jpg

everywhere

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
A note for the UK clubhouse - no politics, thanks.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Yes let's continue to laugh at optical cables
IMG_20220505_114737.jpg

Processor Core i7 920
Motherboard Asus P6T v2
Cooling Noctua D-14
Memory OCZ Gold 1600
Case Lian Li PC-B25F
Audio Device(s) N/A
Cable mess, or an artistic opportunity?

1651728863850.jpeg

A note for the UK clubhouse - no politics, thanks.
Understood, I apologise for prying open that particular Pandora’s box, no malice intended.

Last edited:
System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
I've got a real shocker to show you guys later, my cousin's house has the road that leads to the local temple next to it. The temple have an archway that's currently resting on the 11kv overhead lines. When I go back later I'll snap a shot to show you.

Too hot to work ATM
Screenshot_20220505-150421.png

And this is still spring!!!

D

Deleted member 24505

I've got a real shocker to show you guys later, my cousin's house has the road that leads to the local temple next to it. The temple have an archway that's currently resting on the 11kv overhead lines. When I go back later I'll snap a shot to show you.

Too hot to work ATM
View attachment 246153
And this is still spring!!!

Fuck that. Most Brits complain at the weather, but i would deffo rather have this, than that.

It's about 15c here, spring too.

System Name Shoebox
Processor 3600x
Cooling Cryorig m9
Case Zzaw b3
Mouse Logitech g300s
Software Windows 11Pro
Fuck that. Most Brits complain at the weather, but i would deffo rather have this, than that.

It's about 15c here, spring too.
6 years and I'm still not totally used to it, when summer comes I tend to reverse my sleeping patterns and work in the dark but even then it's 30°+ but that's far better than the 50°+ during the days. Even the Thai's can't deal with it when it gets that hot but I find myself cold at anything below 20° and the locals walk around like eskimo's.
Follow up photo is in ghetto mods.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Anyone use Adobe Creative Cloud Photography?