• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
That is damn cheap!! I was hoping to get my mate in the US to grab me a 3900X or even a 3950X for me at some point :D It would be so nice and then the only thing stopping me would be a X570 and then some DDR4... I'm trying to get to the point now of having around 1Gb of ram per core/thread :) Seems to do well enough I think..

I've seen the 2700X for about the £150 mark, I consider that a bargain :)
Yeah i've seen that aswell but some people say the 3000 series is worth spending the extra for the better cache or something? Looking at benchmarks though the 3700x probably won't be worth it for me as I mainly use my PC for gaming,general use, potentially light programming as I do most of my coding on work PCs.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I think there is a bigger jump between the 2 series and the 3 series of CPUs, I'm unsure of the price difference.. I'd love to get a few of the newer series 3 CPUs, I think they are some of the finest CPUs AMD has yet to release :)

I think sometimes the X models are a bit of a waste considering they are just forced with the higher boost clock and some overclocking can over come that I think :)

Oh for gaming though, you need all the cores :D :D ;)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I think there is a bigger jump between the 2 series and the 3 series of CPUs, I'm unsure of the price difference.. I'd love to get a few of the newer series 3 CPUs, I think they are some of the finest CPUs AMD has yet to release :)

I think sometimes the X models are a bit of a waste considering they are just forced with the higher boost clock and some overclocking can over come that I think :)

Oh for gaming though, you need all the cores :D :D ;)
Well got a response from one of Overclockers main man on the forum saying 3600x will be going on offer for Black friday..so i'll wait until then lol.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
See if they can say that the 3700X is on offer, that'll be a nice CPU to grab :) I look forward to seeing a few updates from you soon ;) :D

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Im watching someone on YT review a £500 coffee grinder....
And im sitting here thinking, Is your life so empty and worthless that you have to spend £500 on a coffee grinder when you can get a very good bean-to-cup drip coffee machine for £300-400?? thats if you REAAAAAAALLLY had to spend that kind of money.

Something like that doesnt compute to me.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
And im sitting here thinking, Is your life so empty and worthless that you have to spend £500 on a coffee grinder when you can get a very good bean-to-cup drip coffee machine for £300-400?? thats if you REAAAAAAALLLY had to spend that kind of money.

I wish I had £50 to spend on a coffee machine let alone £500... Well they do say a fool is easily parted with his money..... Or something like that :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11

It must excel somewhere for it to be "better" and more expensive than the others..kinda like buying a rice cooker, you can buy cheap rice cooker from Argos but the bowl starts cracking after few usage and washing. Spend a bit more on a decent asian brand Rice cooker and you're practically set for life with that rice cooker..just make sure you buy decent rice too and not Tesco value rice lol.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
It must excel somewhere for it to be "better" and more expensive than the others..kinda like buying a rice cooker, you can buy cheap rice cooker from Argos but the bowl starts cracking after few usage and washing. Spend a bit more on a decent asian brand Rice cooker and you're practically set for life with that rice cooker..just make sure you buy decent rice too and not Tesco value rice lol.

What's wrong with Tesco value rice?? lol I don't use Tesco's myself but :D :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
What's wrong with Tesco value rice?? lol I don't use Tesco's myself but :D :)
Once you try jasmine rice from an asian brand or even a brand from a wholesale place it changes your perspective on rice lol.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Once you try jasmine rice from an asian brand or even a brand from a wholesale place it changes your perspective on rice lol.

I'm teasing but thanks, I'll give them a go :D :D For work I tend to use just bag stuff, throw in the micro... For home I like to try different things and try some new things :D :D

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I'm teasing but thanks, I'll give them a go :D :D For work I tend to use just bag stuff, throw in the micro... For home I like to try different things and try some new things :D :D
I've tried micro rice before and it was plain disgusting, boiling rice from the hob takes too long lol.
Aria selling Ryzen 7 2700x for £162 wow lol.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I've tried micro rice before and it was plain disgusting, boiling rice from the hob takes too long lol.
Aria selling Ryzen 7 2700x for £162 wow lol.

Not so much choice at work, no hub or anything so just make do :D :D
I'm trying to get some from the USA at the moment, $130 for one with a $60 game :D :D I'm hoping for 2......

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Not so much choice at work, no hub or anything so just make do :D :D
I'm trying to get some from the USA at the moment, $130 for one with a $60 game :D :D I'm hoping for 2......
Always cheaper deals in the US lol, well i'm holding out for 3600x to drop to just about £200..cheapest again from Aria for £213.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I'm very lucky and happy to know my friend over in the USA, he's helped with a few things of late and continues to do so :) If I have to, I send him cash ask him to order stuff and then he'll send it over and it'll still cost me less even going through customs! :)

I can always ask how much a 3700 or 3700X is going for over there ;)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Took the plunge and ordered 3600x for 200 pound with a be quiet shadow Rock slim cooler which was roughly 2-3 quid saving from other websites.
Ebay has 20% off on selected retailers and ebuyer*fingers crossed they don't send me a doa* was on list. No doubt most sellers will potentially sell the 3600x for around that price mark come black Friday so.. Ordered it now and won't need to worry about anything come black Friday.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
We should do a TPU UK meetup sometime, I visit almost every summer in UK as I have relatives there. My ancestry goes back to 15th century in Shropshire region. I have tried many times to get a visa based on my ancestry, but they won't let me get one still. Such bs, yet their are tons of foreigners there... my great grandfather was an officer in the British Navy, and I can't get a visa... load of bs imo mates

Took the plunge and ordered 3600x for 200 pound with a be quiet shadow Rock slim cooler which was roughly 2-3 quid saving from other websites.
Ebay has 20% off on selected retailers and ebuyer*fingers crossed they don't send me a doa* was on list. No doubt most sellers will potentially sell the 3600x for around that price mark come black Friday so.. Ordered it now and won't need to worry about anything come black Friday.

I love my 3600, I hope you enjoy yours mate. I recommend not overclocking anything, AMD has really mastered the whole plug and play thing. Just make sure ram is QVL for your motherboard, and do XMP for the ram. I got my 3600 non-x at 4.2 all core no down-clocking fully stable, but honestly don't notice any benefits in gaming at all compared to stock, lol

Do you recommend Ryzen High Performance Plan or just regular high performance plan under Windows Settings for power options?

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
We should do a TPU UK meetup sometime, I visit almost every summer in UK as I have relatives there. My ancestry goes back to 15th century in Shropshire region. I have tried many times to get a visa based on my ancestry, but they won't let me get one still. Such bs, yet their are tons of foreigners there... my great grandfather was an officer in the British Navy, and I can't get a visa... load of bs imo mates

I love my 3600, I hope you enjoy yours mate. I recommend not overclocking anything, AMD has really mastered the whole plug and play thing. Just make sure ram is QVL for your motherboard, and do XMP for the ram. I got my 3600 non-x at 4.2 all core no down-clocking fully stable, but honestly don't notice any benefits in gaming at all compared to stock, lol

Do you recommend Ryzen High Performance Plan or just regular high performance plan under Windows Settings for power options?

This has been discussed many times over the years but never happens. I have struck out and met RCoon a few times though.

I think folks here prefer to remain anon

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11

Yeah i'll be leaving it alone this time or I may force it to run at 4.4ghz constantly who knows, the ram kit is fine so far, I have the Ryzen power plan installed still, may need reinstall a newer version of it.
As for meeting up, i'm up for meeting up by weekends are always busy with plans and restrictions. After next year November my Saturday becomes free.
Annoyingly it was meant to have gotten delivered on Monday/Tuesday but somehow it was out for delivery today..and I had the address set to my work address. Could have got it today to install damn..oh well lol.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
No matter what I do end up doing during a day, there's always something else I could have done or wished I had got around to doing lol Never enough hours in the day!! :(

Space Lynx

Astronaut
So you British people... I have a question. When I come visit I love to see beautiful nature areas like Lake District, Cornwall region, etc. I also love the castles and history. Does all of that stuff bore you natural born types there? Just curious.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
If I had more time and money, I'd be out more!! lol I wish I could but it's not so easy at the moment... But in all seriousness, there are some amazingly beautiful places to visit here, we don't really see how lucky we are to be honest :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
If I had more time and money, I'd be out more!! lol I wish I could but it's not so easy at the moment... But in all seriousness, there are some amazingly beautiful places to visit here, we don't really see how lucky we are to be honest :)

Indeed, Aristocratic gardens that are now National Treasures, I really enjoy those when I visit too. England really is a beautiful place, I'm not a fan of London myself.

You should start a courier business, my relatives in England make loads of money doing a courier business. I have seen a warehouse pay my relative 200 pounds to deliver a smart part 15 minute drive away to another warehouse... seriously how do these companies have that kind of money, just send one of your hourly workers before his lunch break and it costs you nothing...

I'll never understand it, but hey whatever.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
So you British people... I have a question. When I come visit I love to see beautiful nature areas like Lake District, Cornwall region, etc. I also love the castles and history. Does all of that stuff bore you natural born types there? Just curious.

you really ought to be heading up north for castles and stuff like that - The south has a few but not half as many as what you will find further north. Lake District is good but further 'further' north is where you will need to go. Cornwall is nice if youre looking for a small beach or coastline. Theres not a whole lot there other than that if i remember correctly. You might see a few old churches down there.

Space Lynx

Astronaut

y'all UK tech folks need to slap Labour party for this. sad. I can't get a visa, but these kinds of people make decisions like this, amazes me.