• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11

y'all UK tech folks need to slap Labour party for this. sad. I can't get a visa, but these kinds of people make decisions like this, amazes me.
The political party in the UK is just as big of a clown like all the other power countries (US and China etc).
Anyway..I got email from Razer they are opening a store in London and they have grand opening on December 14...Would be tempting just to see what the store is like (enjoy the smell of hardcore nerds) but man busy with helping the GF and her parents move to a new house as their landlord is selling the house they are living in currently.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
The political party in the UK is just as big of a clown like all the other power countries (US and China etc).
Anyway..I got email from Razer they are opening a store in London and they have grand opening on December 14...Would be tempting just to see what the store is like (enjoy the smell of hardcore nerds) but man busy with helping the GF and her parents move to a new house as their landlord is selling the house they are living in currently.

Especially when they are saying about free 1Gb internet for the whole of the UK... I wonder where that Unicorn will come from... :laugh: Well I'm just waiting to see what else happens...

Still, how is everyone doing on this dull Thursday????

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Especially when they are saying about free 1Gb internet for the whole of the UK... I wonder where that Unicorn will come from... :laugh: Well I'm just waiting to see what else happens...

Still, how is everyone doing on this dull Thursday????

wishing I had a gf, and was making out with her in a rental car touring Cornwall region in the peak of summer.

so I guess I am doing well, since my imagination is fantastic... but in other ways... I am not doing well

LOL

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Especially when they are saying about free 1Gb internet for the whole of the UK... I wonder where that Unicorn will come from... :laugh:

They have it Stabled along with the wooden rocking horse's
Labour's plan is to bag up the unicorn shit with the Rocking horse shit and sell it online to pay for that universal 1gb Internet.
They also plan to Import Unicorn Shit from the USA as part of the Britex post trade deal :roll::cool:

wishing I had a gf,
Thought you were involved with a UK lass :p (Essex girl:rolleyes:).

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Labour's plan is to bag up the unicorn shit with the Rocking horse shit and sell it online to pay for that universal 1gb Internet.
They also plan to Import Unicorn Shit from the USA as part of the Britex post trade deal :roll::cool:

Thought you were involved with a UK lass :p (Essex girl:rolleyes:).

I do but she believes in free love and multiple partners. also i might see her once every two years if lucky cause flights are expensive.

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
I do but she believes in free love and multiple partners.
AH Typical Essex Girl and in love with thick wallets /fast cars.
do you know why they like Knee tremblers
So they can keep their handbag between their feet during :rolleyes::roll:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Better off potentially finding a partner in the US mate, long long distance just doesn't really work that great.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I'm trying, hard to find girls in my area
Find an easy going pastime that girls also like and you will meet them, I remember long ago whilst in the Army I was on a tour of duty, working too much and bored to sh*t, noticed a poster for free Yoga clases (I was heavily into fitness) but always back then considered Yoga more as a pre proper workout stretch exercise :D Well I gave it a try, I found myself the only male in a class of 30 and lets just say back then I was a very happy boy!

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
wishing I had a gf, and was making out with her in a rental car touring Cornwall region in the peak of summer.

so I guess I am doing well, since my imagination is fantastic... but in other ways... I am not doing well

LOL

I find having a girl friend/partner/wife more of a hassle than not having one at all.. You just can't win either way!! :laugh:

Wow... They are on the ball then!! I guess someone's doing the maths well over with them :D :D

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Well helped the GF older brother get his G.skill tridentZ to run at the specced 3000mhz speed...at cost of a slightly higher voltage than the 1.35v, he got his ryzen 2600 I believe running at 4.1ghz at 1.421v or something which made it unstable to run the G.Skill ram at 3000mhz at 1.35v.
Motherboard is a Asus ROG strix x470-F, the cpu cooler is a NZXT AIO and I have no clue what PSU he is running.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Higher volts shouldn't be an issue to be honest even for daily usage :) I remember running these sticks at over 2v whilst benching to get the timings and such stable :)

I do love the G Skill Trident Z RAM... Shame it's a little pricer than the rest :(

Everything ok otherwise?? :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Higher volts shouldn't be an issue to be honest even for daily usage :) I remember running these sticks at over 2v whilst benching to get the timings and such stable :)

I do love the G Skill Trident Z RAM... Shame it's a little pricer than the rest :(

Everything ok otherwise?? :)
Well it didn't crash booting into login screen..its a start,I left it to him to have a play with his PC and told him if it crashes then increase the voltage again.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well it didn't crash booting into login screen..its a start,I left it to him to have a play with his PC and told him if it crashes then increase the voltage again.

Sounds positive and a easy fix to be honest :) I suppose you could always slacken the timings a little and so on :)

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Sounds positive and a easy fix to be honest :) I suppose you could always slacken the timings a little and so on :)
Could do that but I didn't have a lot of time as I was only visiting the bro with the GF& mum as they were on cat duty for him lol.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
As long as it's working and he know's what to do when it stops, I'd say that's job done :D

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Well seems like it didn't work..guess his 2600 overclocked to 4.1ghz is taking all the available voltage available and the vrm can't cope on top of the ram voltage at 1.35v.
My older bro finally ordered his motherboard, bought a Asrock B350 Steel Legend from Scan.

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
ram has separate vrm that is not linked to cpu vrms. might be mc needs some Vsoc tuning.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
ram has separate vrm that is not linked to cpu vrms. might be mc needs some Vsoc tuning.
probably,I don't have enough time to do any tuning sadly so i'll leave it there as he is happy with the ram running at 2833mhz or something.
Just did ryzen cpu swap on the GF just now..thought I lost the original retention bracket for the motherboard to mount the stupid mount they use on the wraith max cooler.
The backplate fell off the position so I had to partially remove the motherboard just to reposition it lol.
Installed a 2.5inch 500gb hdd which has windows 8 on it so the BIOS won't detect the SSD, so I'm going to need uninstall it and format it after work.
Installed some new case fan.
All in my lunch break..only to need to sort out the hdd ..not bad.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well seems like it didn't work..guess his 2600 overclocked to 4.1ghz is taking all the available voltage available and the vrm can't cope on top of the ram voltage at 1.35v.
My older bro finally ordered his motherboard, bought a Asrock B350 Steel Legend from Scan.
Maybe they could do with a little bit of cooling over them? Would heat be an issue at all? :)

System Name Red Radiance l under construction
Processor 5800x
Motherboard x470 taichi
Cooling stock wrath
Memory TridentZ Neo rgb 3600mhz (2x8 kit)
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64 nitro+
Storage 970 evo nvme
Display(s) lc27g75tq
Case tt core x5 tge
Audio Device(s) sennheiser's pc323d usb soundcard
Power Supply corsair AX860i
Mouse roccat burst pro
Keyboard roccat ryos mk fx
Software windows 10
Installed a 2.5inch 500gb hdd which has windows 8 on it so the BIOS won't detect the SSD, so I'm going to need uninstall it and format it after work.
no need to uninstall the ssd. check if it is visible in bios first. if you press F whatever for your mb for boot menu and if ssd is listed then bios can see it. go to disk management and format it from there.
it could be just drive letter conflict so you can fix everything with just drive letter change

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
no need to uninstall the ssd. check if it is visible in bios first. if you press F whatever for your mb for boot menu and if ssd is listed then bios can see it. go to disk management and format it from there.
it could be just drive letter conflict so you can fix everything with just drive letter change
Already tried that mate lol, i've changed the boot order and then restarted it and it disappeared off the list so i'm going have to unplug the normal 2.5 hdd.
Aside from getting technical discussion in here...hows everyone doing?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Last edited: