• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Well you aint missing much....

View attachment 147122

Part of the issue is that he went out of his way for a 1v4. If he ignored them and carried on walking, nothing would of happened. I doubt the police will care very much as they have more important things to deal with like chasing e-thugs on twitter for hatespeech against the lgbt crowd. This current political climate has been empowering closet racists for a long time.

Im not saying that if you were racially abused that you should just accept it. But going in for a 1v4 aint the best move. You may speak with your mind. But others speak with their fists. You cant predict the outcome of any confrontation or expect the confronted party to remain civil. He's lucky he wasnt stabbed.

The irony of your LGBT reference... In Singapore you can be arrested for being a homosexual. And being in a physical relationship can result in jail time. Anyhoo, enough of the factual reasons why we should lay off the Daily Mail sensationalism about how much time our bobbies spend going after e-thugs, and spend some time reflecting on how racist Britain is and always has been for a great many people. The same narrow-minded morons who attacked the student are also the same types who would attack 'anything' not in their blinkered viewpoint. And our press-media and political overlords have made it this way.

It's also massively ironic, that Mrs Patel is our home secretary. Bojo's attack hound whose parents (she has admitted) would unlikely have gotten into the UK under her new immigration proposals.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
Before we go complete political and get told off again, all i'll say is a 1v4 is never going to end well unless you're a UFC/MMA fighter and you would think people will stop targeting people that look "asian" now seeing a british caucasian doctor was tested positive and even now people who are coming back from Italy who are potentially caucasian as you can be coming back from meetings or planned vacation being tested positive will shift the blame away a little.
But nope you will always get the group of minority that are racist in any country and they will find any means to target their hate towards you with whatever new excuse being made.

There is apparently 1 Covid-19 in my area now..guess i'll be go hide in my bedroom for month..jokes i'm try get on with my daily live and just wash my hands more and hope I don't get attacked going to Tescos/gym now.
Anyways...hows everyone week doing? I actually went to Westfield London on Monday to park up to go to the O2 shepherds bush to watch a performance, on my way to the venue though I did have a slight anxiety worry over people giving me weird but overall it went smooth. On my way back though didn't realise their was a giant japanese(Ichiba) market/restaurant there..so a trip back to westfield London in April bank holiday is happening..

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
It was raining. I was at home extremely bored so i did a 3 min M$paint.

Hydra.jpg

System Name Winter Heater
Processor Intel Core I7 5820k@4250 Mhz
Motherboard ASUS x99 Deluxe
Cooling Cryorig H5
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 + 2x4GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 @ 3000Mhz
Video Card(s) OEM GTX 970
Storage Seagate ST4000VN000, Hitachi 2TB, Crucial CX500 1TB
Display(s) LG 23EA63
Case Thermaltake Versa N21
Power Supply EVGA 650 GQ
Hi guys, so here's the deal: got a virgin media hub 3, Wi-Fi is terrible (signal dropping off, bad reception 2 rooms away). What I would like to do is make it better on a budget. Does anyone have any recommendations on the subject?

House has 2 floors and is of medium size. If you require more info, please let me know.

Thanks!

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Hi guys, so here's the deal: got a virgin media hub 3, Wi-Fi is terrible (signal dropping off, bad reception 2 rooms away). What I would like to do is make it better on a budget. Does anyone have any recommendations on the subject?

House has 2 floors and is of medium size. If you require more info, please let me know.

Thanks!

Powerline.

TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT

You can pay more or less depending if you already got a corresponding AV600 adaptor. or you can go the MESH route but that will cost you around £80 ish

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
I hope everyone is doing ok??

I'm shattered and off to bed but I hope to have a bit of an easier day tomorrow at work so hopefully I'll be a bit more around on the forums :D :D

Take it easy everyone :D :D

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
I hope everyone is doing ok??

I'm shattered and off to bed but I hope to have a bit of an easier day tomorrow at work so hopefully I'll be a bit more around on the forums :D :D

Take it easy everyone :D :D
Been busy at work at the moment, parents aren't having the best of time at the takeaway.
No doubt the UK will go into lockdown soon..i'm still predicting end of next week.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
It's been weird at work but still going there for the moment :) Hopefully we can get to go home soon!! :laugh:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Rumour mill is kicking off at my work. Suggesting notification on Friday of a two-week quarantine, similar to euro countries. No going out except for vital supplies. Which I guess is beer and pizza?

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I'm not sure what is happening with my place of work, seems to be changing hourly at times lol

How is everyone otherwise??

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
My office pretty much told us to work from home unless you need to physically need to be in the office(R&D in automotive and motorsport) so i've been working from home since yesterday, i'll be planning to head back in next week though as I need to do some testing on some hardware provided our buddy Boris tells us we are in lockdown on Sunday.

Processor 9700k
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
Cooling NZXT kraken X53
Memory 16GB Klevv Bolt X 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED42C24LA
Case Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Dragonfly Black DAC/Amp + AKG Q701 + Rode NT-USB
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Steelseries Prime wireless
Keyboard Coolermaster Masterkeys S
Software Win 10 64
I'm a postie and phoned in sick this morning, started feeling unwell last night, i highly doubt royal mail will shut down no matter what but i wasn't going in to spread whatever i've got.

Thanks!
Powerline.

TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT

You can pay more or less depending if you already got a corresponding AV600 adaptor. or you can go the MESH route but that will cost you around £80 ish
On Virgin too, with the same sort of WiFi issues. The hub has improved over time but still terrible at times. I suggest installing their Virgin Media Connect app and testing WiFi through that. If it finds the signal is low, they can send you a booster for free (some caveats, read Ts&Cs, and it isn’t a be all and end all). It can help, and if it costs you nothing and helps, that’s all the better.

I’m still considering a new setup entirely where the Hub 3 is just in modem mode, with a cheaper mesh network setup. The one @FreedomEclipse mentioned is a start for boosting, but another £30-40 on top of that will get you a low end mesh network.

Non gigabit Ethernet connections for £89.99, though it may limit your internet speed, since Virgin provides over 100Mbps: TP-Link Deco E4

Gigabit Ethernet connections for £99.99, which shouldn’t bottleneck it as much: TP-Link Deco M4

There are more expensive options that use PowerLine to connect to each other, but I figure the above should be a good start for now.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Software W10
Well folks, we're pretty much in lockdown - as much as it doesn't bother me (I don't go out much). As long as I can buy beer, I'm good. Stop the beer and my life is over.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I do mostly desktop support and somehow, I'm apparently working from home Tuesday next week... Will be interesting considering the fact I've been on holiday today and another day booked for Monday, I never took my laptop or anything home with me lol

I mean... Common sense seems to be out the window for the most part right now....

@khemist I hope you feel better soon :)

I've had a rather nice day today with my daughter, we went out to the park and had a walk around for an hour.. Had a swing, few slides, bit of time on a roundabout, I mean life is pretty full you know :D How's everyone else been today??

I see we are in a bit of a lock down from this evening...

@the54thvoid I hardly drink so please have my beer!! :D :)

Processor 9700k
Cooling NZXT kraken X53
Case Meshlicious
Software Win 10 64
Around 13 posties self isolating in our office and the number is going to get a lot bigger, lots of deliveries failing and parcels are busier than christmas with people stuck at home ordering lots of stuff they don't need, don't bank on anything you order getting delivered on time.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Around 13 posties self isolating in our office and the number is going to get a lot bigger, lots of deliveries failing and parcels are busier than christmas with people stuck at home ordering lots of stuff they don't need, don't bank on anything you order getting delivered on time.
That's fine with me, I've not ordered anything in weeks!! :laugh: :clap:

Processor 9700k
Cooling NZXT kraken X53
Case Meshlicious
Software Win 10 64
That's fine with me, I've not ordered anything in weeks!! :laugh: :clap:

You can amuse yourself building a new system everyday with all your spare parts until this blows over. :)

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
You can amuse yourself building a new system everyday with all your spare parts until this blows over. :)
I would definitely rather be in Phil's shoes today, so much to do.:)

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
I would definitely rather be in Phil's shoes today, so much to do.:)
I did have a bit of a change around today and I've been a bit better in that I'm finally testing some RAM I'd bought a few months ago.. What with all the sun at the moment, servers and most of the PCs have been on today getting some folding and crunching done :) Been a shame that the FAH client has been hardly doing anything mind, only one job at a time... :( but if loads of others are doing it, I don't feel so bad :)

I am certainly well prepared for any issues resulting in lock down when it comes to hardware and being able to keep busy :laugh: I just hope it's sunny so I can do it for free :D :laugh:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Well we are now in lockdown, i'm forced to work from home until further notice as my office has closed it doors for now.
Hows everyone doing? Going try exercise 2-3 times a week and eat a little less to try maintain physique now..not the greatest of joy and sucks for those that do regularly exercise outdoor to only be limit to once a week.

Processor 9700k
Cooling NZXT kraken X53
Case Meshlicious
Software Win 10 64
It's a good time to catch up on movies and TV and play some games, i'm back at work tomorrow delivering with only a pair of gloves to protect me if i'm lucky.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Going try exercise 2-3 times a week and eat a little less to try maintain physique now..not the greatest of joy and sucks for those that do regularly exercise outdoor to only be limit to once a week.

Ive been out cycling at least 1hr a day since saturday. 16 mile circuit into the city and back. but my legs are fatigued so im not sure if i will go today. or if i do. maybe shorter distance.

phill

Staff member
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Mouse Corsair thingy
VR HMD No headset yet
Well we are now in lockdown, i'm forced to work from home until further notice as my office has closed it doors for now.
Hows everyone doing? Going try exercise 2-3 times a week and eat a little less to try maintain physique now..not the greatest of joy and sucks for those that do regularly exercise outdoor to only be limit to once a week.

I'm finding it a little funny being a desktop support person and working from home... Sure is interesting to do :laugh: I'm trying to control what I eat likewise as I'm not trying to put on masses of weight with being stuck at home.. It'll be a matter of self control :)

It's a good time to catch up on movies and TV and play some games, i'm back at work tomorrow delivering with only a pair of gloves to protect me if i'm lucky.

Sophia my 1 year old, has made that interesting when playing games... She likes trying to eat the controller :laugh: We were meant to have all the protection and such but nothing has ever turned up... Always fun...

Ive been out cycling at least 1hr a day since saturday. 16 mile circuit into the city and back. but my legs are fatigued so im not sure if i will go today. or if i do. maybe shorter distance.

I wish I was able to get out that long but I'm not sure the misses would appreciate even more time on her own :laugh: What bike do you use for the cycle? Road or mountain?