• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
So,

How is everyone?! :D
Apart from the usual ailments, I've had severe toothache for the last few days and have to live with it for two more before any dentist can look at it, Also having an iron infusion later today at a hospital, that should be fun.
2020 The gift that just keeps giving.

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Today is a good day!
Glad to hear it Lex!! :D :D Anything much you've been up to??
On holiday for a week, my new motorbike got blown over in the wind and took a bit of damage, luckily it was the crash bars end hand guards that took it.

Hope to get a few miles done this week but weather is looking rubbish as usual.
That sucks Khemist.... I hope the damage wasn't too severe or costy to repair??

I never really look at the weather too much.. When I look out in the morning after getting up or getting woken by my 21 month old with either being walked over, shouted at since she has no volume control (much like her Mum...) if it's looking good, great if not... Meh :laugh:

Apart from the usual ailments, I've had severe toothache for the last few days and have to live with it for two more before any dentist can look at it, Also having an iron infusion later today at a hospital, that should be fun.
2020 The gift that just keeps giving.
I hope things went well at the hospital mate...

I don't suppose any tablets etc. would touch the toothache either?? :(

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
I hope things went well at the hospital mate...

I don't suppose any tablets etc. would touch the toothache either?? :(
Paracetamol takes the edge off the pain but there's only so many you can take a day.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
This week shall be a good one,i've been helping my parents with the takeaway for 10+ years(mobile van and shop) on a weekend and they are finally semi-retiring due to the lease of the shop is ending on my birthday(29th November). I can finally enjoy my weekends again, no more knocking noise from my car after Friday i'm hoping after replacing the front control arms. This year the car has had*
*Car talk if anyone is interested:
New shock absorbers front&rear
New top mounts front&rear
New drop links front&rear
New front polybushes on ARB
New rear ARB
New springs (lowering springs)
New bump stops front&rear
Also it is my birthday this Sunday so i'm going to be a year older and still be the same lol, hopefully the weather is going to be kind enough for me to give the car a wash.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
For the greater good.
It's basically the same deal with childhood vaccinations, if your children haven't been inocculated, they can't attend school.

That's a lie anyway, or just an uneducated post, this is not the case and your children are not forced to have vaccines or else they cannot attend school. Many people choose not to have vaccines for different reasons, medical, religious etc. but I'm glad it's ok by you to exclude people based on these and their basic human rights of having a say what they do or don't do with/put into their bodies. :toast:

Equating a vaccine that has been produced to enable the resumption of a near-normal existence for the betterment of our society can never be compared to the ethics of Nazi Germany. That Covid is a genuine global pandemic is not up for debate. Every nation on earth, with left and right wing governments is dealing with it. That vaccines are our best option to overcome it is fairly obvious. Vaccine testing is as rigorous as it can be these days and while it has been fast-tracked, it does not make it dangerous.

The danger posed by Covid, as is being experienced in the UK, is that normal illnesses are being made hazardous by a lack of hospital beds in high infection areas. Without immunity, we have to look at two options: vaccines, or long-term (years) social distancing measures. The alternative is the crushing pressure on the NHS which will cause even greater problems. I have friends who have direct experience of the illness. It's no joke. It needs a solution better than social distancing.

And let me get back to Hitler. A fascist dictator who brought the world to war and was responsible for the alienation and deaths of millions of minorities. A man whose atrocity is softened by the sort of comparisons you want to make. In the 21st century, we seem to have a glut of people who forget what we fought for. These freedoms. To vote, to live, to be whatever you choose to be. We still have problems: we still have racism and culturism (on both sides). If you believe we are anywhere near the intolerance and oppression of Hitler's regime, I suggest you look to authoritrian countries where minorities, sexual identity and religious freedom are all dangerous differences to hold and have.

Near normal existence for a virus that is over 99% survivable without the need for a vaccine or anything other than the bodies normal immune system, granted whilst older peopled *far end of the spectrum of old age) are more susceptible as well as those with pre-existing serious life threatening conditions and weakened immune systems, this is no different from any other type of coronavirus when it comes to those groups of people and by all means, they and anyone else who wishes to have the vaccine should indeed take it.

What blurs the lines is the fact that Matt Hancock has refused to rule out mandatory vaccines, we have no plans he said, not, we would never force something upon citizens of the UK that they would be against, they have also implied that lockdown will continue until most of the populace has been immunised and he hopes that most people will do it to get back to normal, basically a bribe, have the vaccine, get back to normal quicker. Why, when most of the population will have none/little effects of covid and those that do will be mild, excluding the aforementioned at risk groups. Which I'm in no way suggesting we should throw under a bus BTW.

Hospitals have never been near to breaking point in the UK since this pandemic, neither the first wave nor the second, in fact you can find many sources where you can compare ICU occupation from this year and previous years and if anything it has been lower this year, now add normal ICU uptake to the total number of covid ICU patients and it should be higher? Also people have not been able to see GP's since March, thousands of surgeries and treatments have been cancelled/postponed, I wonder how many more people have lost their lives due to going undiagnosed/diagnosed late, with something that would have been pre-covid? or indeed how many people have missed out on treatments they should have had that has led to a poorer quality of life for the because of covid? Are there statistics and data on the effect of peoples mental health during lockdown, including depression and suicides? Mental health services are just as inaccessible as most other "non-essential" health services these days.

Everyone's arm waving that I mentioned the H word :laugh: ok... I'll give you that one, unnecessary.
However when you put hundreds of thousands of people out of business permanently for a virus that statistically speaking has no more of a detrimental effect on mortality than a bad bout of seasonal flu and you add up the people who have lost their livelihoods, the increase in suicide rates, mental health, domestic crime, poverty etc etc then the cure seems worse than the disease.

The UK government has openly said that they have lied (misinterpreted :laugh:) the data on the number of covid related deaths, this has been made public though obviously hasn't got the widespread and continued attention that the virus itself has, so has the US and likely more countries. They have openly talked about freedom passports, you don't have the vaccine you're ability to live life "normally" could be restricted, these are not conspiracy theories I'm cooking up in my head, these have been quoted from the UK government and have been published in the mainstream media outlets all for a virus that severly affects a very small percentage of people in a very serious way, you'd pretty much think it was almost like ALL other viruses in the world? ... Also to note, miraculously other coronavirus and respiratory illness deaths are down compared to previous years, all except for covid 19 that is...

Anyway, I'm going to say no more on it, though it's nice to see democracy in the UK is alive and well and whilst not the most eloquent at constructing an elaborate argument and probably invite a lot of the criticism I've received on myself... I still don't expect to be ostracised for exercising my god-given and UK democratic right to still be able to say what goes on with/into my own body, though from the sounds of it a few of you would gladly pin me down and make me have the miracle vaccine that is going to return life to normal come 2021 despite my chances of having it and having it in a bad way are probably slimmer than the vaccine doing any good for me :laugh:

P.S to the mods, I think this post and the ones previous to it above me should stay right where they are as they are completely relating to the UK and thus relevant to the UK clubhouse, I will however make this my last post on the matter for fear of lynching and becoming a social pariah :laugh:

Paracetamol takes the edge off the pain but there's only so many you can take a day.
Co-codamol is a lot more effective due to the codeine in it, 32mg (codeine) would be preferential however this is only available on prescription so the best you can hope for is 8mg over the counter from a pharmacist but it sure beats paracetamol on it's own, also, ibuprofen is a an anti-inflammatory so helps with swelling and can also be more effective than paracetamol with certain types of pain especially dental pain as I have had my fair share of it on several occasions and developed what I affectionately call hamster cheek.... tooth abscess with painful gum and jaw swelling and inflammation

On top of that, salt water/saline mouthwashes can provide fairly quick relief, not too mention a good shot or 3 of whiskey rinsed around the mouth and swallowed thus after hiccup :p

Last edited:

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
That's a lie anyway, or just an uneducated post, this is not the case and your children are not forced to have vaccines or else they cannot attend school. Many people choose not to have vaccines for different reasons, medical, religious etc. but I'm glad it's ok by you to exclude people based on these and their basic human rights of having a say what they do or don't do with/put into their bodies. :toast:

Near normal existence for a virus that is over 99% survivable without the need for a vaccine or anything other than the bodies normal immune system, granted whilst older peopled *far end of the spectrum of old age) are more susceptible as well as those with pre-existing serious life threatening conditions and weakened immune systems, this is no different from any other type of coronavirus when it comes to those groups of people and by all means, they and anyone else who wishes to have the vaccine should indeed take it.

What blurs the lines is the fact that Matt Hancock has refused to rule out mandatory vaccines, we have no plans he said, not, we would never force something upon citizens of the UK that they would be against, they have also implied that lockdown will continue until most of the populace has been immunised and he hopes that most people will do it to get back to normal, basically a bribe, have the vaccine, get back to normal quicker. Why, when most of the population will have none/little effects of covid and those that do will be mild, excluding the aforementioned at risk groups. Which I'm in no way suggesting we should throw under a bus BTW.

Hospitals have never been near to breaking point in the UK since this pandemic, neither the first wave nor the second, in fact you can find many sources where you can compare ICU occupation from this year and previous years and if anything it has been lower this year, now add normal ICU uptake to the total number of covid ICU patients and it should be higher? Also people have not been able to see GP's since March, thousands of surgeries and treatments have been cancelled/postponed, I wonder how many more people have lost their lives due to going undiagnosed/diagnosed late, with something that would have been pre-covid? or indeed how many people have missed out on treatments they should have had that has led to a poorer quality of life for the because of covid? Are there statistics and data on the effect of peoples mental health during lockdown, including depression and suicides? Mental health services are just as inaccessible as most other "non-essential" health services these days.

Everyone's arm waving that I mentioned the H word :laugh: ok... I'll give you that one, unnecessary.
However when you put hundreds of thousands of people out of business permanently for a virus that statistically speaking has no more of a detrimental effect on mortality than a bad bout of seasonal flu and you add up the people who have lost their livelihoods, the increase in suicide rates, mental health, domestic crime, poverty etc etc then the cure seems worse than the disease.

The UK government has openly said that they have lied (misinterpreted :laugh:) the data on the number of covid related deaths, this has been made public though obviously hasn't got the widespread and continued attention that the virus itself has, so has the US and likely more countries. They have openly talked about freedom passports, you don't have the vaccine you're ability to live life "normally" could be restricted, these are not conspiracy theories I'm cooking up in my head, these have been quoted from the UK government and have been published in the mainstream media outlets all for a virus that severly affects a very small percentage of people in a very serious way, you'd pretty much think it was almost like ALL other viruses in the world? ... Also to note, miraculously other coronavirus and respiratory illness deaths are down compared to previous years, all except for covid 19 that is...

Anyway, I'm going to say no more on it, though it's nice to see democracy in the UK is alive and well and whilst not the most eloquent at constructing an elaborate argument and probably invite a lot of the criticism I've received on myself... I still don't expect to be ostracised for exercising my god-given and UK democratic right to still be able to say what goes on with/into my own body, though from the sounds of it a few of you would gladly pin me down and make me have the miracle vaccine that is going to return life to normal come 2021 despite my chances of having it and having it in a bad way are probably slimmer than the vaccine doing any good for me :laugh:

P.S to the mods, I think this post and the ones previous to it above me should stay right where they are as they are completely relating to the UK and thus relevant to the UK clubhouse, I will however make this my last post on the matter for fear of lynching and becoming a social pariah :laugh:

Co-codamol is a lot more effective due to the codeine in it, 32mg (codeine) would be preferential however this is only available on prescription so the best you can hope for is 8mg over the counter from a pharmacist but it sure beats paracetamol on it's own, also, ibuprofen is a an anti-inflammatory so helps with swelling and can also be more effective than paracetamol with certain types of pain especially dental pain as I have had my fair share of it on several occasions and developed what I affectionately call hamster cheek.... tooth abscess with painful gum and jaw swelling and inflammation

On top of that, salt water/saline mouthwashes can provide fairly quick relief, not too mention a good shot or 3 of whiskey rinsed around the mouth and swallowed thus after hiccup :p

Thank you for making points that while are arguable, were not delivered with hysteria. :toast:

As far as hospitals being overwhelmed - this is in fact true. There was a paper leaked a month or so that pointed out hospital capacity was actual normal, if not better than last year. This paper was true. However, it was a generalisation for ALL English hospitals. Those that were in hotspots were close to capacity, and, to increase provision, more ICU beds were made available. In Scotland (not part of general NHS stats) One hospital in my birth town had an ICU for 10. They created a second, purely for Covid. The Covid ICU had 8 in it, the 'back-ip' had about 6 or 7 (I have a nurse friend). Added together, that's more cases in ICU than what the hospital normally had occupancy for. Further, due to the power requirements of ICU, the second unit was placed in a standard ward with standard sockets. There was a fire in this ward due to the overloading of the circuits of high energy draw ICU kit. Luckily, nobody died. But, point is, occupancy is critical where cases are high. And that is the problem.

As far as a bad seasonal flu? It has a far higher mortality rate. But this is simply down to the fact we dont yet have the vaccine for it. If the hundreds of thousands of people who get a flu jag each year didn't get that jag, flu deaths would be way higher than what we see (penny dropping? that's vaccines at work with the flu). This is the problem with Covid-19. Once a vaccine is in place, deaths will plummet. As far as ant-vax and the freedom to choose not to be inocculated... your call for now. But smallpox had a mandated vaccine and it eradicated the horrific disease. Vaccine's have their place in an overcrowded human world.

I think what makes it harder for people to discuss this is the fact the governement (as most do) have politicised the virus. We know they used it to put money into their friends pockets. None of this, unfortunately, is a surprise. I also read your BMJ links on your sig (I make sure to 'know thy enemy' ;)). It doesn't actually say anything to back up an anti-vaccination stance, it simply (and rightly) points out the Gov has massaged the science to suit its aims. But what it calls for (the article) is a clear and transparant message of the truth. That message from medical professionals is still the same - Covid-19 requires our country to recognise the dangers of the virus.

And finally, something a lot of people don't understand, and I mean A LOT, is that you're not free. Every human being is born and raised in a cultural based ideology, or a state-based principle of rights. There is no freedom. There are 'freer' societies and you should think yourself fortunate that you actually live in one of the most 'liberal' democracies in the world. But even then, such a place cannot offer the individual their total freedom. Rules exist. Ironically, even in a true state of anarchy (which is a political notion), small communal groups create community laws (as opposed to over-reaching Gov style mandates). Freedom is an absolute myth. Used by those who actually wish to see it reigned in to control emotion and opinion.

Anyhoo, enough babble. I'll be sure to get my vaccine as I wish to travel abroad next year. Travel is a priviledge, not a right. Once vaccinated, I look forward to enjoying my 'freedoms' while those who challenge the advice can stay at home and huff. :p

System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Also people have not been able to see GP's since March, thousands of surgeries and treatments have been cancelled/postponed, I wonder how many more people have lost their lives due to going undiagnosed/diagnosed late, with something that would have been pre-covid? or indeed how many people have missed out on treatments they should have had that has led to a poorer quality of life for the because of covid? Are there statistics and data on the effect of peoples mental health during lockdown, including depression and suicides? Mental health services are just as inaccessible as most other "non-essential" health services these days.
I would say probably during the 1st lockdown it would have been difficult but after the lockdown my partner has been able to speak to and even go to her GP for blood test and even speak to him via phone call and face to face.
Honestly I feel this is just a wake up call to everybody that you shouldn't be going in to see GP unless its something you're not recovering from using off-the-shelve prescriptions or you have on-going medical needs or injury that you need to get approval from GP to get scan from NHS. Majority of the GP before the whole pandemic to me was mainly consisting of people phoning up over a petty cold which is wasting valuable time.

The UK structure hasn't changed and this is again a wake up call, all public service is just below the priority order and always has been, lets all clap and waste time but not increase their funds for more staff and better equipment that could actually help overall.
The fact the "living wage" which is apparently just them rephrasing the minimum wage has only increased because of the pandemic is great but it is not enough still.

If there is one thing I would pay money for is a yearly healthy/body check like you do with a car going through MOT and not cost an arm.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
As an additional bit of info on GP's, I work with referral schemes (people visit GP's for 'x' and GP refers client to a 'holistic' setting: gym, swim, walks etc). The highest single referral reason I see from GP's is obesity/diabetes. This is people, who are overweight, going to their GP for a fix. I've watched health and fitness change over the past 25 years (as a professional in the area) and the stress of overweight people on the NHS is unbelievable. Instead of just going to a gym, or trying to get out of that rut, there's an epidemic of people seeking quick fixes via GP surgeries (they want weight loss pills). It's depressing. GP's are crammed with 'low risk' self-consequential conditions (brought about by our modern culture of apathy and greed). You can't see your GP because of that.

I genuinely feel for people suffering from illness and disease. But from direct experience, much of what I deal with is self-inflicted and completely avoidable.

If there is one thing I would pay money for is a yearly healthy/body check like you do with a car going through MOT and not cost an arm.

I think the NHS is doomed. But what you've mentioned, I think, is the way forward. To be able to access the NHS, you need to have some sort of adult baseline of health stats (illness aside). If you become obsese, or smoke, or drink too much (that's me), you'd pay extra to see your GP. Basically a tax on your bad life decisions. The NHS was set up as a safety net for those who couldn't get by. But it's been twisted and abused and made into a 'to hell with consequence, the NHS will pay for my ills', sort of magic wand. And as a society, we're not getting any fitter, or leaner, and diet related diabetes is still rising. Bigger pop, ageing pop, worse health - the NHS cannot survive that.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
That is what I find annoying with all these people that are "overweight" trying to find quick fix or not even putting that bit of effort to try lose it themselves because they have other "priorities" or its "expensive" to eat "healthy".
Honestly while they were publishing crap on TV saying people have put on weight during lockdown, i've actually managed to weigh the same but lost strength due to having less access to all the weights available in the gym but its manageable. My partner actually lost 2 stones during the lockdown which she has been struggling to for past few years(she finally listened to my advice) by simply calories counting and exercise 3-4 times a week. Its honestly that simple but like you said people want results by tomorrow and don't want to wait after few months which is honestly how long it would take for your body to actually change, people give up after few weeks not seeing results if they tried. A proper clear simple guidance is all that is required but nope.

The NHS is definitely doomed, the fact we are going to make it even more difficult for foreigners to get a job due to the salary cap(i might be wrong) is just going shorten the list of nurses for the NHS since a good percentage of the nurses in the NHS are from foreigners. The fact a lot of the equipments are old and even the IT infrastructure is outdated too makes the UK health service a laughing stock despite being "free".

Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
Proof of your counter claim or you are full of it.
I mean yea.. You could just use Google but wtfe

Does this mean you are full of it then as you put it, or is that just reserved for looney conspiracy theorists like me with my tin foil hat on, lack of a quality factual argument and you resort to basic insulting, honestly I would have thought you had more about you but it seems not

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Well in other news, the tier list has been published with each town/city tier if you search your area, if it concerns anyone that will follow it that is.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I remain fairly certain there will be no forced vaccine programme in England, that I can say with a reasonable degree of certainty, why? Because my wife who clearly does not work in a very busy hospital where every ITU bed is full and who get's via e mail daily operational Primary Care Trust updates telling her that ITU bed's are currently 89% full across the whole Trust (which covers Worcestershire and most of Warwickshire) then remembering that in seasonal terms we are nowhere near the peak (January) and it is fairly simple to equate that if, by then the remaining seasonal rush takes up the minimal slack then it is reasonable to assume that the death rate from Covid-19 alone could at least double, add to that the natural seasonal spike and it could look even worse (600+ yesterday?).

But, going back to vaccine's, the Trust has already started planning for a programme for health workers and of course they are encouraging all staff to have the vaccine where medically possible BUT have clearly stated that it remains an individuals choice. In reality that could mean compromises for staff, for example staff who have not had the vaccine but get some symptoms who may have to self isolate may do so with less generous packages than they were accustomed to earlier in the Pandemic but at least they are being transparent about it and they still have a choice.

So continuing the theme of "facts" an over 99% survival rate is complete and utter nonsense, for a start, if you take the first wave (because the 2nd wave is not over and is quite likely to show worse stats because of the winter seasonal thing), 1 million (recorded) got infected, 50,000 (recorded) died, I make that a 5% death rate, and just to stress, it is correct that we maintained that death rate and our hospitals were largely not at full capacity but only because we entered a 10 week lockdown? as we get more clearer information probably in the aftermath those figures may well change in either direction.

As for our right to say what we think, I am all for it and encourage it so, what I don't encourage though is to have it rammed down my throat at every opportunity. If anyone want's or needs a soapbox, they can go look elsewhere, this topic is not just relevant to the UK, the same questions, answers and emotive arguments apply to many if not most countries, not just the UK so lets draw a _____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

here on this topic within this Clubhouse forum, there is a Lounge thread for general conversation and opinion and a Science thread for factually based reporting and tracking, feel free to continue the conversations there.

Processor 9700k
Motherboard Asrock Z390 Phantom Gaming-ITX/AC
Cooling NZXT kraken X53
Memory 16GB Klevv Bolt X 3600mhz
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX 3080
Storage SanDisk Extreme Pro 1TB NVME
Display(s) LG OLED42C24LA
Case Meshlicious
Audio Device(s) Dragonfly Black DAC/Amp + AKG Q701 + Rode NT-USB
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Steelseries Prime wireless
Keyboard Coolermaster Masterkeys S
Software Win 10 64
That sucks Khemist.... I hope the damage wasn't too severe or costy to repair??
:(

Just some spray paint and a couple of bits, could have been a lot worse.

Last edited:
System Name Black Box
Audio Device(s) No need.
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Does this mean you are full of it then as you put it, or is that just reserved for looney conspiracy theorists like me with my tin foil hat on, lack of a quality factual argument and you resort to basic insulting, honestly I would have thought you had more about you but it seems not
Ironic you started with the insults to me first, yet gave a civilised answer to a Mod, that says more about you than me.

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K
I'll have already a name here as I want to visit UK and some of you must come and have some beers with me when I visit London! :)

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Keullo-e

S.T.A.R.S.
System Name 4K-gaming
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X up to 5.05GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite
Cooling Custom loop (CPU+GPU, 240 & 120 rads)
Memory 32GB Kingston HyperX Fury @ DDR4-3466
Video Card(s) PowerColor RX 6700 XT Fighter OC/UV
Storage ~4TB SSD + 6TB HDD
Display(s) Acer 27" 4K120 IPS + Lenovo 32" 4K60 IPS
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow White
Audio Device(s) Asus TUF H3 Wireless
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO
VR HMD Oculus Rift CV1
Software Windows 11 Pro
Benchmark Scores It runs Crysis remastered at 4K

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
BBC2.jpg

Penguin from Batman....

Ladies and Gentlemen.... WE GOT HIM

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Why are you trying to silence me on this?
It has nothing to do with silencing, we have specific Covid related threads, as I said, go post in there, we have a bunch of specific tech related sub forums but we have general hardware for those topics not covered in the specific threads (Motherboards & Memory, Graphics cards etc), so where we have specific threads on a topic we post in them, maybe it would be different if the UK was the only country suffering from Covid, you have posted in those threads previously so not sure what the problem is for you, I would rather not reply ban you here but if you continue then you will be forcing my hand.

Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Software Windows 10 Pro
It has nothing to do with silencing, we have specific Covid related threads, as I said, go post in there, we have a bunch of specific tech related sub forums but we have general hardware for those topics not covered in the specific threads (Motherboards & Memory, Graphics cards etc), so where we have specific threads on a topic we post in them, maybe it would be different if the UK was the only country suffering from Covid, you have posted in those threads previously so not sure what the problem is for you, I would rather not reply ban you here but if you continue then you will be forcing my hand.
Deleted my posts? ok, you know people talk about ,motherboards, ram, gpu's weather, drinking, football, basically anything British, but covid is off limits? I posted nothing but UK media and government posts so how does this contravene theUK clubhouse rules?

but covid is off limits?
There is a pair of threads for it, one specifically of general conversations about Covid19...

Then there's a statistics thread, which also infrequently has some general discussion.
https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/maps-for-tracking-covid-19.264697

Earlier this year TPU Staff relegated that topic and discussions of such to those threads. Don't take it personally.

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Deleted my posts? ok, you know people talk about ,motherboards, ram, gpu's weather, drinking, football, basically anything British, but covid is off limits? I posted nothing but UK media and government posts so how does this contravene theUK clubhouse rules?
It's not that covid is off-limit its more case this thread was made to discuss anything british in general or chat with people that live in the UK. Be it bashing politics handling things(be it including covid but not talk about theories and science behind it that goes in the other threads), general election, the weather and anything we british like to rant about and laugh about.