• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
1 month of "full lockdown" again man he is really only thinking about the economy than anything.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
1 month of "full lockdown" again man he is really only thinking about the economy than anything.

1 month seems a bit excessive. I think maybe 16 days would have been better, and the vaccine rollout is happening lightning fast... so 16 days, and possibly all nursing homes/care centers are done within 3 weeks.

I do find it interesting how the right wing of the world is getting crap for lockdowns, when if it were the left wing doing these lockdowns, the right wings would be screaming at top of their lungs to win votes in the future rounds. Funny how the tables do turn sometimes :roll:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
1 month seems a bit excessive. I think maybe 16 days would have been better, and the vaccine rollout is happening lightning fast... so 16 days, and possibly all nursing homes/care centers are done within 3 weeks.

I do find it interesting how the right wing of the world is getting crap for lockdowns, when if it were the left wing doing these lockdowns, the right wings would be screaming at top of their lungs to win votes in the future rounds. Funny how the tables do turn sometimes :roll:
1 month just seem pointless to me lol,it didn't work in November why would it be any different from November to this one with exception of vaccine rolling out.
Realistically if people are that fussy about the elderly and education, they should be vaccinating the elderly, NHS/GP workers, teachers and students which "might" cut the number down by decent chunk.
Both wings will get yelled at by everyone, we are all selfish cretins after all, i'm just waiting for something like Godzilla or something event to happen now.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
1 month just seem pointless to me lol,it didn't work in November why would it be any different from November to this one with exception of vaccine rolling out.
Realistically if people are that fussy about the elderly and education, they should be vaccinating the elderly, NHS/GP workers, teachers and students which "might" cut the number down by decent chunk.
Both wings will get yelled at by everyone, we are all selfish cretins after all, i'm just waiting for something like Godzilla or something event to happen now.

a lockdown makes sense to me right now, the vaccine is here, they just need a little breathing room as they start giving it frontline workers and elderly. as I said though 4 weeks seems a bit excessive, 2 should have done the trick to stop the curve from rising higher/give time to get more old people vaccinated.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
a lockdown makes sense to me right now, the vaccine is here, they just need a little breathing room as they start giving it frontline workers and elderly. as I said though 4 weeks seems a bit excessive, 2 should have done the trick to stop the curve from rising higher/give time to get more old people vaccinated.
Yet we have same group of elderlies going out to sit and chat at coffee shop as-well.
I honestly think the curve will continue to rise after the lockdown still because it still takes a couple days for the "vaccine" to fully kick in the system, they are only tackling the elderly and frontline workers but like I said some of the big offenders are children now.
They can badger on that kids are "safe" but they could easily be carriers and infect others without realising, the fact they say kids don't need to wear face mask in school as well just makes the risk of spreading higher. Which is why i'm saying they should be targeting the education sector as well.
Going to a big open retail park like central Milton Keyne during December in attempt to try get Christmas gift for friends, seeing some kids walking around with no face mask on and just sneeze without covering their face and coughing now disgust me.
Honestly I hope the world will slowly adopt the mentality like in Asia where people wear face mask if they have a cold/cough if they have to go outdoors into the public when this pandemic is more under "control".

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Honestly I hope the world will slowly adopt the mentality like in Asia where people wear face mask if they have a cold/cough if they have to go outdoors into the public when this pandemic is more under "control".
most won't sadly.

and the elderly they are worried about are in nursing care homes/not allowed to leave those care homes until they get vaccine. 90% of all deaths or something like that is in nursing elderly homes... within a month almost all of them will be vaccinated as they are getting it before even other old people living on their own. stopping the curve in its tracks right now gives them some time to finish this vaccine to the most at risk population.

again i disagree with 1 month length. 2 weeks would have been enough, main thing is to stop the rising curve in conjunction with vaccine rollout.

i don't agree with anymore lockdowns after this though, vaccine should be in everyone by end of may in England

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
Two weeks isn't enough. You catch it on day -1, go into lockdown with asymptomatic Covid, pass it on to family, one or two members. After 2 weeks, one or more may still be positive. After 4 weeks, that likelihood is near zero.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Two weeks isn't enough. You catch it on day -1, go into lockdown with asymptomatic Covid, pass it on to family, one or two members. After 2 weeks, one or more may still be positive. After 4 weeks, that likelihood is near zero.
still slows the curve though, it really would depend on the vaccine numbers, like what the actual target date is for all elderly to have been vaccinated. taking a month for second shot on top of first not even being given yet... i suppose 1 month is needed when i think about it that way

dorsetknob

"YOUR RMA REQUEST IS CON-REFUSED"
Dorset where else eh? >>> Thats ENGLAND<<<
Just wondering how you get on with Face mask's in countrys like Italy where you cannot enter places like Banks with your face covered
ie no going into banks ect while wearing motercycle crash Helmets.:kookoo:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Just wondering how you get on with Face mask's in countrys like Italy where you cannot enter places like Banks with your face covered
Maybe they will change the law.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Edit: he may wanna stop 1.5 million students going back to Uni in the next week too!
International students should be sent home also as they won't be studying, and most likely still working to cover living costs, therefore out and about spreading Covid further.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

A lot of the time in Italy. The banks are 'owned' by Mafias. So if you were to rob one. Don Corleone and his boys will be coming for you to make you an offer you cant refuse to get the money back.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
Slowing this curve is not enough, if you manage to halve the infection rate during a shortish lockdown then with this new variant it will double again within 2-3 weeks of coming out of lockdown. As far as I am aware this new lockdown is in place for at least 6 weeks, Boris said until school half term which means that they would have broken up for half term on Friday 19th Feb.

We are at the mercy of vaccine supply and personally I am not overly optimistic regarding the hopes that all 70+ year olds, front line workers and all those with significant underlying conditions will get vaccinated by the end of Feb (let alone allowing for 3-4 weeks for immunity response) and that's 13 million+ people, even at a 6 week lockdown some of our most vulnerable will still be so.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
It's not politics because it's too ridiculous to be real. It's not real, right? That's a Chris Morris character, surely.

- (I know it's real).

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
It's not politics because it's too ridiculous to be real. It's not real, right? That's a Chris Morris character, surely.

- (I know it's real).
TBH, JRM has always been cuckoo, there is a very good reason why his pal Boris has not given him a ministerial department, he would break it in his first week.

System Name RyzenGtEvo/ Asus strix scar II
Processor Amd R5 5900X/ Intel 8750H
Motherboard Crosshair hero8 impact/Asus
Cooling 360EK extreme rad+ 360$EK slim all push, cpu ek suprim Gpu full cover all EK
Memory Corsair Vengeance Rgb pro 3600cas14 16Gb in four sticks./16Gb/16GB
Video Card(s) Powercolour RX7900XT Reference/Rtx 2060
Storage Silicon power 2TB nvme/8Tb external/1Tb samsung Evo nvme 2Tb sata ssd/1Tb nvme
Display(s) Samsung UAE28"850R 4k freesync.dell shiter
Case Lianli 011 dynamic/strix scar2
Audio Device(s) Xfi creative 7.1 on board ,Yamaha dts av setup, corsair void pro headset
Power Supply corsair 1200Hxi/Asus stock
Mouse Roccat Kova/ Logitech G wireless
Keyboard Roccat Aimo 120
VR HMD Oculus rift
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 8726 vega 3dmark timespy/ laptop Timespy 6506
TBH, JRM has always been cuckoo, there is a very good reason why his pal Boris has not given him a ministerial department, he would break it in his first week.
And yet he still earns a wage there, sad.

Guys a cretin and an idiot.

FreedomEclipse

Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro

Yet people like Chris Grayling are constantly rewarded with a promotion despite their failures

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
Yet people like Chris Grayling was constantly rewarded with a promotion despite their failures
I corrected that for you, Grayling was so bad he couldn't even get into the Boris cabinet. Just to stress, my 2 comments are not political, merely an observation of any individuals absolute lack of competence, it's a real cross party thing these days...……….. #I'm out :D

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
And there I was thinking 2021 might be a better year than 2020.... It looks like it's not worse, just more fricking coo koo!!

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
Wow... I never thought that when I started this it would still be going strong 13 years later, mucho respect to all the UK people who have kept it ticking over, I have had about a 7 year internet hiatus due to personal reasons but it's nice to see that things are still ticking over just as when I left

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Great to see you back sir, hope things are going better for you now and you have done any upgrades to your current system along the way.

FreedomEclipse

Display(s) LG GP850-B
Mouse Logitech G900
Software Windows 10 Pro
Wow... I never thought that when I started this it would still be going strong 13 years later, mucho respect to all the UK people who have kept it ticking over, I have had about a 7 year internet hiatus due to personal reasons but it's nice to see that things are still ticking over just as when I left

thats alright. you just owe everyone a few pints for keeping the lights on.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
7 years without internet? :eek:

Apologies, my CPU is currently experiencing an overload.

Great to see ya back.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Ironic how time has flown by, potentially China is now in position to celebrate CNY again during their pandemic lockdown and now they are "fine" and everywhere else is in a pandemic lockdown.
It is amusing seeing the irony of GMB arguing with members of parliament.