• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

System Name Nebulon-B Mk. 4
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard MSi PRO B650M-A WiFi
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock 4
Memory 2x 24 GB Corsair Vengeance EXPO DDR5-6000
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 7800 XT
Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Display(s) Dell S3422DWG, 7" Waveshare touchscreen
Case Kolink Citadel Mesh black
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech MX Master 2S
Keyboard Logitech G413 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
I mean, I get what you're saying, but it's not 'theoretical' The website has full functionality to filter and show exactly what each store has 'in-store' If they get their inventory wrong then that's on them.....and if a customer turns up and they can't find the item at least update your inventory to prevent another poor soul turning up and being disappointed.
Yep, and that happens all the time. At least I've run into that situation a couple of times.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
my fiance just sent me a video, her parents are redoing their kitchen completely, the ground floor is completely dirt... really surprised the houses there are not on concrete foundations...

her parents have a really nice house too.

System Name Ultraman
Processor Intel core i9 13900HK
Motherboard Alienware/Dell inverted motherboard
Cooling Alienware/Dell cooling solution + IETS GT500 cooling pad
Memory Alienware/Dell 32GB 6000mhz DDR5
Video Card(s) Nvidia RTX4080 12GB
Storage 1TB Dell supplied NVME + Samsung Evo 1TB NVME
Display(s) AOC Gaming CU34G3S/BK
Case Alienware X16
Audio Device(s) onboard/Speakers: Logitech G560
Power Supply Alienware/Dell battery + 330W charger
Mouse Microsoft Pro Intellimouse - White
Keyboard Ducky One2 SF White MX cherry Red
Software Windows 11
my fiance just sent me a video, her parents are redoing their kitchen completely, the ground floor is completely dirt... really surprised the houses there are not on concrete foundations...

her parents have a really nice house too.
How are they feeding themselves? I'm guessing they got somewhere dedicated to cooking at the moment? i'm always curious what people do when they redo the whole kitchen.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
How are they feeding themselves? I'm guessing they got somewhere dedicated to cooking at the moment? i'm always curious what people do when they redo the whole kitchen.

they have a lot of friends they can visit nearby, etc. or eat out.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
I had our new kitchen fitted late summer, it's a big kitchen but only took 4 days, Microwave, air fryer and 2 takeaways sorted the problem :D

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I had our new kitchen fitted late summer, it's a big kitchen but only took 4 days, Microwave, air fryer and 2 takeaways sorted the problem :D

my fiance is similar in personality, will never ask any of her friends for help or like in rare situations be like hey this is happening for next couple days do you want to come over or me come there, (variety of examples I won't go in to)

not sure wth is with british personality of being a lonewolf at all times except when at the pub. its nonsense.

Storage 2 TB Corsair MP600 GS, 2 TB Corsair MP600 R2, 4 + 8 TB Seagate Barracuda 3.5"
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 single-core: 1,800, multi-core: 18,000. Superposition 1080p Extreme: 9,900.
not sure wth is with british personality of being a lonewolf at all times except when at the pub. its nonsense.
I've always wondered that myself. I can make lots of friends at work or in my neighbourhood if I want to - just not English. I can't make friends in a pub - except for English. There are always exceptions, of course.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I've always wondered that myself. I can make lots of friends at work or in my neighbourhood if I want to - just not English. I can't make friends in a pub - except for English. There are always exceptions, of course.

I am glad its not just my observations then.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
It's not the case that we/me won't ask for help, it's more of a case that I won't ask for help unless I need help, I just don't categorise preparing food in a different way for 4 days as needing help, I would prefer to solve minor obstacles myself and ask for help when I really do need it, like for example if my home got flooded because a nearby river burst it's banks during a period of heavy rain :)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
It's not the case that we/me won't ask for help, it's more of a case that I won't ask for help unless I need help, I just don't categorise preparing food in a different way for 4 days as needing help, I would prefer to solve minor obstacles myself and ask for help when I really do need it, like for example if my home got flooded because a nearby river burst it's banks during a period of heavy rain :)

I view it differently. It's not needing help, it's more of like hey this event is taking place in my life, would you like to go out to dinner with me somewhere or could I join you? I think it is a great opportunity for friends to get together.

My fiance feels like when it comes to other English people, you have to call and schedule like a month ahead for a lunch date, even if they are super close friends... I find that way of thinking to just be so odd.

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
Software Windows 10 Pro
I view it differently. It's not needing help, it's more of like hey this event is taking place in my life, would you like to go out to dinner with me somewhere or could I join you? I think it is a great opportunity for friends to get together.

My fiance feels like when it comes to other English people, you have to call and schedule like a month ahead for a lunch date, even if they are super close friends... I find that way of thinking to just be so odd.
I understand the thing about going out for dinner. Spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week among people at work is enough so that I usually just want to wind down and chill at home in the weekend. I have to prepare myself mentally before agreeing to go out with anyone other than my girlfriend, and even she doesn't want to go out after a tiring week at work most of the time.

What I don't understand is why workmates and neighbours are so distant. We've lived in this apartment for nearly 4 years now, but we still hardly know anyone in the area. Even at work, older and middle aged English people seem to be a lot more chatty than young ones (as always, there are exceptions).

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64

We go out to dinner 2 or 3 times a week with friends already pretty much every week, it takes us about a 6 week cycle to get around our various groups of friends, apart from that, where perhaps we differ is that I don't consider getting a kitchen installed as an "event" really.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
We go out to dinner 2 or 3 times a week with friends already pretty much every week, it takes us about a 6 week cycle to get around our various groups of friends, apart from that, where perhaps we differ is that I don't consider getting a kitchen installed as an "event" really.

well I won't be taking anyone to dinner again moving forward, fuck paying 40 quid for a basic meal.

im stacking my money to the fucking ceiling as i eat chicken noodle soup $1 a can boys

Processor Ryzen 5700x
Motherboard Gigabyte X570S Aero G R1.1 BiosF5g
Cooling Noctua NH-C12P SE14 w/ NF-A15 HS-PWM Fan 1500rpm
Memory Micron DDR4-3200 2x32GB D.S. D.R. (CT2K32G4DFD832A)
Video Card(s) AMD RX 6800 - Asus Tuf
Storage Kingston KC3000 1TB & 2TB & 4TB Corsair LPX
Display(s) LG 27UL550-W (27" 4k)
Case Be Quiet Pure Base 600 (no window)
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220-VB
Power Supply SuperFlower Leadex V Gold Pro 850W ATX Ver2.52
Mouse Mionix Naos Pro
Keyboard Corsair Strafe with browns
Software W10 22H2 Pro x64
I understand the thing about going out for dinner. Spending 8 hours a day 5 days a week among people at work is enough so that I usually just want to wind down and chill at home in the weekend. I have to prepare myself mentally before agreeing to go out with anyone other than my girlfriend, and even she doesn't want to go out after a tiring week at work most of the time.

What I don't understand is why workmates and neighbours are so distant. We've lived in this apartment for nearly 4 years now, but we still hardly know anyone in the area. Even at work, older and middle aged English people seem to be a lot more chatty than young ones (as always, there are exceptions).
Probably because they are not the ADD/smartphone generation and still have actual conversation/in person people skills.

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
A minor rant regarding "repairtech" who seems to be the main RMA/repair company for Monitors. They replaced my JOG button few years back with my Odyssey G5 which I sold because I didn't want to deal with the headache of the JOG button again.
Bought the Iiyama monitor which from late last year,developed an odd behaviour, which I've asked some feedback here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...s-does-not-display-despite-turning-on.303157/

Anyway, i've sent the monitor off for RMA which went to Repairtech, they "diagnosed" it and did something and then sent the monitor back to me.
When I got it back, surprisingly there was no report on what they have done so I've asked the question..
For a bit more information, the monitor turns on and it has blue LED and all there was a blank display, none of the buttons were working apart from the power button.
If I unplug and re-plug a DP or HDMI , it "detects" the signal but still no proper display. Unplugged all the display cables and turned it on and its still the same thing.
I have tried hard reset and nothing worked, so the only solution I found that worked was power-cycling it multiple times until it "boots" up properly with the start up logo and all the buttons start working again.

Anyway I've asked them what they have fixed..which makes me feel like they think i've done something wrong? This was their last email before they gone silent on me yesterday after 3 emails exchange.
our monitor was sent in as was not showing a display. This was because the input was only set to recognise one input i.e. DP only or HDMI 1 only or HDMI 2 only.

To correct this the engineer set your unit to accept all inputs so that when you receive it you can use a DP cable AND HDMI, the monitor will produce a display.

The fault was fixed and now you can use your monitor fully by using all inputs. We accept you couldn’t select an input as there was no display but you have to either go through all inputs with cables physically or press the input button on the monitor.
None of what they said makes sense to me..so this is what I sent back:
So if I understood it correctly, it was only working if I had both DP inputs connected and nothing in HDMI but it wouldn't work with DP1 and HDMI1 connected together?

It was working with DP and HDMI(switch inputs when required) prior to the strange behaviour, the strange behaviour was also happening with single input connected, regardless if it's hdmi or DP or no cables connected at all.
By default the monitor should still boot up to allow you to go into the settings with or without any signal connected to the ports?
Also when the strange behaviour occured,none of the buttons apart from the power button was working and the only way I was able to get the monitor to work as normal was doing multiple power cycle. Which is what I've tried to explain in my original warranty form.

I don't fully understand what you mean by the engineers have corrected the unit to accept all inputs.
Should it not have accepted all the inputs and I can switch to whichever one when needed if I was to have 2 DP and 2 HDMI cables plugged into the ports?

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
If any of you know of someone interested in a galaxy flip. it would be a great help.

Last edited:
Software Windows 10 Pro
How is everyone?

I'm off work with an ear infection. I've been taking antibiotics which have worked wonders on my sinuses, but my ears are still clogged up and I can barely hear a thing. It's annoying as I can't even play games or watch films unless I turn the volume high up and annoy the neighbours. :banghead::cry:

System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
My lower back is cramping up on me which is making any leg or back workout extremely painful at the moment, other than that its all good.
How is everyone?

I'm off work with an ear infection. I've been taking antibiotics which have worked wonders on my sinuses, but my ears are still clogged up and I can barely hear a thing. It's annoying as I can't even play games or watch films unless I turn the volume high up and annoy the neighbours. :banghead::cry:

Software Windows 10 Pro
My lower back is cramping up on me which is making any leg or back workout extremely painful at the moment, other than that its all good.
Take it easy before it gets worse! The lower back is no joke. ;)

Space Lynx

Astronaut

Sorry to hear this mate, I just read an article in the Guardian talking about how loads of people are starting to pay for private health insurance now cause the NHS is impossible at the moment. I wonder how much that costs? My hope is that enough people go to private healthcare, that the strain on the NHS is lifted. It's not ideal, but that's where we are at.

I know my relatives in England have private healthcare, one of their friends arm was in a sling for ten months waiting for corrective surgery. They said if she was on their private healthcare it would have been done within two weeks, if not next day.

I am big fan of the NHS, I know my cousin who lived to be 99 was very proud of the NHS. I hope they figure out a way to make it work, personally I think we need more tele health visits, and they need to expand the care possible to go beyond just Doctors, like in America we have Nurse Practitioners at every CVS in Walgreens throughout the country, you can go there for $80 without insurance, if you are badly ill they can prescribe you what medicine you need, then you move on. This alone alleviates a lot of the pressure off actual Doctors visits. If we expanded this to BA degree level of pharmacists, we could alleviate the strain of wait times even more, cause 90% of people just need a open your mouth and say aaaa situation, and yeah here is your script for $4 antibiotics, and off you go. I also think making medicine say 12-15 quid instead of 9 quid for 30 day script to help gives nurses increased pay.

Software Windows 10 Pro
Sorry to hear this mate, I just read an article in the Guardian talking about how loads of people are starting to pay for private health insurance now cause the NHS is impossible at the moment. I wonder how much that costs? My hope is that enough people go to private healthcare, that the strain on the NHS is lifted. It's not ideal, but that's where we are at.

I know my relatives in England have private healthcare, one of their friends arm was in a sling for ten months waiting for corrective surgery. They said if she was on their private healthcare it would have been done within two weeks, if not next day.

I am big fan of the NHS, I know my cousin who lived to be 99 was very proud of the NHS. I hope they figure out a way to make it work, personally I think we need more tele health visits, and they need to expand the care possible to go beyond just Doctors, like in America we have Nurse Practitioners at every CVS in Walgreens throughout the country, you can go there for $80 without insurance, if you are badly ill they can prescribe you what medicine you need, then you move on. This alone alleviates a lot of the pressure off actual Doctors visits. If we expanded this to BA degree level of pharmacists, we could alleviate the strain of wait times even more, cause 90% of people just need a open your mouth and say aaaa situation, and yeah here is your script for $4 antibiotics, and off you go. I also think making medicine say 12-15 quid instead of 9 quid for 30 day script to help gives nurses increased pay.
I was actually seen by a nurse practitioner at my GP clinic last week. My experience was quite positive: I was called in only a couple of minutes after I arrived, she asked a couple of questions, looked into my ears and prescribed antibiotics.

But now after having taken the whole lot, I just can't get another appointment in. I called last morning, they said they only make appointments in the afternoon that day for some reason. So I called in the afternoon, they told me it's only emergencies. I called them again an hour ago, they said the doctor went somewhere, I'll have to call after 12. And I still can barely hear a bloody thing! I need at least a note to stay at home until my ears get better, or even better: someone to look at my ears and tell me what's going on! I don't know why such a basic thing is impossible in a country where GPs earn £100k a year! :banghead:

Last edited:
System Name Ultraman
Case Alienware X16
Software Windows 11
Take it easy before it gets worse! The lower back is no joke. ;)
Yeah I will be mate.

Private health care to me is only good for 2 scenarios:
1.You have it from day 1 before you really develop any serious health conditions, as they do not cover existing health conditions.
I was looking at getting health insurance to get private care for myself and my GF when we moved out last year, but chose not to get it as they do not cover existing health conditions so it was useless to us.
2.You use them for consultation sessions only if you need something diagnosed asap to figure out how severe the issue is, if you can afford the treatment then go for it if it is a severe problem, but if you can hold out until there is a slot available through the NHS then go down that route.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I was actually seen by a nurse practitioner at my GP clinic last week. My experience was quite positive: I was called in only a couple of minutes after I arrived, she asked a couple of questions, looked into my ears and prescribed antibiotics.

But now after having taken the whole lot, I just can't get another appointment in. I called last morning, they said they only make appointments in the afternoon that day for some reason. So I called in the afternoon, they told me it's only emergencies. I called them again an hour ago, they said the doctor went somewhere, I'll have to call after 12. And I still can barely hear a bloody thing! I need at least a note to stay at home until my ears get better, or even better: someone to look at my ears and tell me what's going on! I don't know why such a basic thing is impossible in a country where GPs earn £100k a year! :banghead:

the nurse practitioners in America, the ones I mentioned you can go to any time of day at CVS or Walgreens, I actually had an ear problem once, and the NP had an awesome little machine, she put it in my ear and cleaned out ALL not just some but ALL of the wax in my ear. it was insane and I felt so much better after. really awesome little machine. no wait times.

so this is good to about NP in your country, so now the next step is to equip them better, and get more of them, and maybe filter them out to stores like America has done. there is always a small medical area in the back of CVS or Walgreens, where the NP has their own office, etc. its a brilliant design and offloads lot of the strain on regular hospital systems.

@kurosagi01 I did not know this. Well, lets hope the NHS survives. Obamacare stopped that practice, insurance companies have to cover you in America even if you have pre-existing conditions. That was single handed Obama's doing and a very good policy indeed. Obamacare would have been a massive success if the Public Option was passed with it to balance out the greed of the private industry. Really a shame it didn't get passed with it, because America would probably be the gold standard in healthcare vs the rest of the world, instead of the other way around.