• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The TPU UK Clubhouse

this is political but what do you guys think of the union, i personally feel there should be a UK rather than separate countries but i dont feel British, im Scottish but i live in the UK

we could have a federal UK with a parliament in Westminster to be the top gov then have England, Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland have their own parliaments like the US has the federal gov and the state gov

i dont think there should be a house of lords it goes against democratic values they still have power over the elected parliament

its crappy five just dropped Seria A Italian football now Setanta have full rights to the Italian football, damn i hate having to watch streams on the web and im not buying sky and setanta just to get football
although im moving house so i might just get basic sky with phone and broadband coz its so cheap

i know but its dearer than sky, my brother has virgin and he uses a "special box" that gets him all the channels lol yes he pays for the basic but gets the full tv totally illegal tho

depends on how much either virgin or sky is for the tv, phone and broadband

Last edited:
System Name Vintage
Processor i7 - 3770K @ Stock
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Memory 2x4GB Crucial DDR3
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Storage M4 124GB SSD// WD Black 640GB// WD Black 1TB//Samsung F3 1.5TB
Display(s) Samsung SM223BW 21.6"
Case Generic
Power Supply Corsair HX 520W
Software Windows 7
this is political but what do you guys think of the union, i personally feel there should be a UK rather than separate countries but i dont feel British, im Scottish but i live in the UK

we could have a federal UK with a parliament in Westminster to be the top gov then have England, Scotland, Wales and northern Ireland have their own parliaments like the US has the federal gov and the state gov

i dont think there should be a house of lords it goes against democratic values they still have power over the elected parliament

I think that we should break ourselves up in the countries good and proper, have our own economies. So for example the Scottish tax would go to paying the Scottish projects, the Welsh tax paying for all things Welsh and so on and so forth. This would perhaps give each country their pride back (not that the Scots or Irish or even the Welsh do for that matter). This is the one thing that I believe the current Government lacks - they have no English pride. We celebrate the Saints of all the other countries but when it comes to St Georges day there is nothing. These days your not even allowed to raise the English flag, or even the Great British flag for that matter, because it might seem offensive to others. (To others read immigrants.)
We've lost our Rule Britannia spirit because of immigration and a Government that is too weak to say no, or push things through. We have become to Politically correct and that again is destroying our sense of owner ship over what is ours. And what is our is our Monarch. love it or hate it it's the Monarch which makes Great Britain great. The fact that three countries can come together under one flag. That's three powers under one flag.
To become greater the individual powers have to become greater.

However; a few problems I see with this is that there may not be enough money to pay for all the things so i can easily see a country or countries falling into massive debt and the economy breaking down. Each country should have the powers to make their own laws and thus govern themselves. But again then you may have a country that cannot then unite under the banner when called for.

There are many pros and cons, basically we will not survive apart but we will not progress greatly if we remain together.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you jokin we dont celebrate st andrews day up in scotland

you cant chop and change a government it would be too unstable

back in the 1800s they where going to have elections every 2 years but they found it was too soon and policies and other party specifics would never get implemented in time

britain is dead britain is england the welsh and scots dont feel british

history lesson, wales technically is part of england, england conquered wales and by decree it became governed and part of english territory. a scottish king inherited the english throne thus uniting the english and scottish kingdoms english kingdom already included wales, thus it became the united kindom with the union flag

a jack is a flag on a ship so technically its not the union jack

i would be around to fly the union flag as part of the UK not as a Brit

EDIT: thats why we all need our own parliaments but a national government to oversee the whole of the UK, England needs its own parliament with similar powers to wales/scotland

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7

back in the 1800s they where going to have elections every 2 years but they found it was too soon and policies and other party specifics would never get implemented in time

history lesson, wales technically is part of england, england conquered wales and by decree it became governed and part of english territory. a scottish king inherited the english throne thus uniting the english and scottish kingdoms english kingdom already included wales, thus it became the united kindom with the union flag

That was what i was trying to get to - Great Britain as an entity isn't going anywhere. But The United Kingdom of the different countries (ok may be not countries but lands) is where it's at.

a federal UK is what we need, together we are strong but each country has its own needs so if we all get parliaments to do local things it will work, we just need to get rid of the house of lords but the queen can have her palace she dosnt do much anyway

System Name spuds K8-X2
Processor amd athlon X2 4200+ toledo s939 2794mhz 254x11 1.4 vcore
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo4-F v1.0 (MS-7125) nforce4 sata2 mod, laptop cpu heatpipe copper nb cooler
Cooling akasa evo "blue" + 90mm fan, 2x120mm front, 250mm side, 120mm rear, 120mm in psu, pci slot exhaust.
Memory OCZ Platinum XTC DDR PC3200 4GB(4x1024) @254mhz 3-3-3-8 2T
Video Card(s) sapphire HD3870 512mb GDDR4 vf900cu, several ramsinks on components / nvidia 7300gt 256mb secondary
Storage hitachi 160gb (slightly fried) / hitachi 120gb ATA / Seagate 160gb / 2x ps3 seagate 60gb
Display(s) CTX EX1300F 20" flat CRT, 1280x1024@100hz / 19" benq FP91G X / 19" hanns-g (all free)
Case mesh server/gaming black case, 9x 5.25' drive bays, silvestone auto fan controller
Audio Device(s) onboard realtek alc850 7.1/soundblaster LIVE! ct4780 + kxaudio - sony home theatre surround
Power Supply winpower 650w, system draws around 470-500w under load(+all screens)
Software win7 64bit
Benchmark Scores ~16m trips/sec using mty trip generator. triple monitor gaming using SoftTH. 3840x1024
ye, can't get rid of the tourist attraction:)

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64

EDIT: thats why we all need our own parliaments but a national government to oversee the whole of the UK, England needs its own parliament with similar powers to wales/scotland

I agree with much of what both you and WhiteLotus have said, but....So do the English feel British?.....I would suggest no more than the Welsh or Scottish do........we feel English most of the time, and British some of the time.....just on one point, the 3 = Britain, the 4 = United Kingdom.............how do the Northern Irish feel? National pride? Well yep we could go on about that for hours, thing is, could NI, Scotland and Wales generate enough GDP to sustain those countries should they want independance? I doubt it TBH so what would that outcome be....probably some would move to England but then wouldnt that be considered as immigration if we were all independant?

I dont know the answers, I am neither for or against a "United" Kingdom because to be quite honest, there are just too many pitfalls in the change, more than the pitfulls of staying as we are I would guess but for me, democracy is all important and if the majoroty in Scotland, Wales or Northern ireland truly wanted their independance then they should ultimately have the right to it probably, as I said, I guenuinly dont have a preference either way but rest assured of one thing, there are many English who would probably want some of the other countries to gain independance just as much as their citizens do! Some of those English (not me I would like to add) beleive that England would be a far wealthier place to live without huge subsidies..........I dont agree with that for one simple reason, and basically it forms my belief on this subject.........I have fought over 27 years of an Army career in 13 different conflicts, I have watched friends die and I would not be here today without some of those "friends".....and guess what......those friends, were English, Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish, they were not concerned about borders or economies, they DID have pride for the most part in the organisation they were part of (ohhh and it's called the "British" Army!) and that all boils down to one thing.......friends are more important than neighbours, nationalities, races or religion IMO.

Sorry about the sermon, strange thing is, I dont really have any strong feelings on the subject, although you wouldnt think that from the amount I wrote! :eek:

as long as she gets her own cash i dont mind paying to keep the palace in good nick, its a national heritage thing anyway we pay for other historical buildings so we might aswell keep windsor and buckingham

plus shes as much queen of england as queen of scotland and wales and n.ireland

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
Anyone want a brand new, un-opened XFX 790i Ultra tri SLi motherboard? I have even got some good cheap DDR3 ram that could go with it! ;)

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
tell me how much and i might be swayed ;)

Well, you do know they are £210 - £220 retail anwhere in UK? Plus the memory is £65-£70 retail, damn it would sort your Q6600 a treat!

This has just been sent me as a Warranty replacement by XFX via Dabs £175 is what I am asking for it, invoice included for lifetime warranty, thats a saving of about £35, if someone takes the memory as well then I would let it all go for £215.

It's big bucks however, but this kit is the "top dog", the only reason I am not putting it back in my puter is because I am too lazy to gut it all again after buying the Anus as a stopgap.

K

kyle2020

Well, you do know they are £210 - £220 retail anwhere in UK? Plus the memory is £65-£70 retail, damn it would sort your Q6600 a treat!

This has just been sent me as a Warranty replacement by XFX via Dabs £175 is what I am asking for it, invoice included for lifetime warranty, thats a saving of about £35, if someone takes the memory as well then I would let it all go for £215.

It's big bucks however, but this kit is the "top dog", the only reason I am not putting it back in my puter is because I am too lazy to gut it all again after buying the Anus as a stopgap.

If i could spare that sort of money, id be more than happy to take the kit off your hands. However, as it stands, im a 16 year old earning £60 a week. I cant see it happening somehow :laugh:

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7

If you still got it in a months time - i may take it off your hands. I spent £300 in 2.5 days on beer at oktoberfest so to say i am a bit skint is an understatement - and beerless. for shame.

Last edited:
System Name Becca 2
Processor AMD A10 4600m quad core @ 2.3 ghz
Motherboard dunno
Cooling Logitech alto connect
Memory 16 Gig ddr3 1600mhz
Video Card(s) Ati HD 7660G + & 7470M
Storage 1 TB
Audio Device(s) onboard crap
Software Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit with sp1
Lol u no how to partay :toast:

System Name Vintage
Cooling Scythe Zipang II
Video Card(s) MSI GTX970
Case Generic
Software Windows 7

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
If you still got it in a months time - i may take it off your hands. I spent £300 in 2.5 days on beer at oktoberfest so to say i am a bit skint is an understatement - and beerless. for shame.

Thanks but I will probably put it on Fleabay tonight on a 5 dayer, that is of course unless you wanna un-leash your plastic via paypal! :pimp:

got any good websites i can go on during college the lecturers are boring as hell

ive got my internationale milano websites joystiq and techpowerup so you got any flash games or any cool websites?

i usualy check the news too from bbc

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz)
Motherboard ASUSTeK - P5N-E - SLI nForce 650i SLI(C55) - ATX
Cooling TRUE with Xilence Red Wing 120mm fan
Memory OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD3870 XT 512MB Arctic Cooling Acellero S1 Rev. 2
Storage Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Display(s) HANNS-G HU196D 19"
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) 5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 Channel Cinema sound
Power Supply 550W PSU
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Benchmark Scores 10713 3DMark06 - No overclocking on anything
British here! Join me up!

System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
System Name Ma Biatch
Processor i7 860
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3A
Cooling Noctua
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G-Skill
Video Card(s) GTX 470
Storage WD5000aaks raid0
Display(s) Sony Bravia 37" 1080p
Case CM 690
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair HX520
Software Windows 7 Ultimate
well has been a good day, watched liverpool, win yet again keeping us top of the table :toast:

also glad to see football's midweek games return, i hate waiting a week between matches. anyway what have you all been upto? any thing important to report ?
ive not been on as much as i would have liked lately due to my son being in hospital for major heart surgery, but were all getting over that now and im glad, not because im back online but because my little boy is doing well.

btw i am registered with a charity website i frequent that deals a lot with his kind of condition and for any of you that are interested its @ www.lhm.org.uk and is a charity setup to help sufferers and families of children born with rare heart conditions meaning they basically only have half a "normal" working heart. the charity stands for "little hearts matter" and has a lot of interesting reading if any of you are interested.

they also run charity events up and down the country to raise awareness and funds to try and keep this wonderful charity going strong and helping families just like mine up and down the country and even farther afield to countries like spain, france italy etc as many people from these countries come to the uk to benefit from the specialist hospitals we have here that deal with such rare conditions such as birmingham childrens hospital and great ormond street, where we have some of the best paediatric surgeons in the world.

well anyway thats my 2 cents as to whats happening in my great britain and hope i can help get this group up and running and buzzing once more as im kind of sad to see we havent much to report of the great UK as of late.

feel free to talk about anything else you want not just what i have just posted, we have the credit crunch, the iraqi war and crime in the uk which are all still big news here in the UK, so if you have anything to comment on i welcome it (even kerry katona on gmtv lol :laugh: )

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
I saw that thing with kerry :confused: why was she "famous" in the first place

Anyway crime in the UK .... Well when we were coming back from belgium someone nicked my pillow :mad: what's the worst thing thats happened to any of you like crime wise.

Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Quad Q6600 Quad Core Processor(2.4GHz,8MB Cache,1066MHz)
Motherboard ASUSTeK - P5N-E - SLI nForce 650i SLI(C55) - ATX
Cooling TRUE with Xilence Red Wing 120mm fan
Memory OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400 GOLD XTC
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD3870 XT 512MB Arctic Cooling Acellero S1 Rev. 2
Storage Seagate ST3500320AS 500GB SATA II 7200rpm 32MB Cache
Display(s) HANNS-G HU196D 19"
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) 5.1 High Definition onboard sound card - 6 Channel Cinema sound
Power Supply 550W PSU
Software Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit
Benchmark Scores 10713 3DMark06 - No overclocking on anything
Just got an Antec 1200 and watched Lucky Number Slevin.
Can't complain I suppose .... oh wait .... yes I can!!

Wasps

There is no point to wasps. They are just crap! They sting for no reason at all whatsoever. Bastards!

Remember that Lemon Orbit chewing gum? Limited edition, was only out for a short time. I had the last bit in a packet and you couldn’t buy it ANYWHERE anymore.

So I basically had the last bit that we could get our hands on.

We were on holiday, I was about 10 or something, really young anyway.

I had just put this last bit of lemon chewing gum in my mouth and started to chew it. Then, all of a sudden, this bastard wasp landed on my thumb and stung me! The little f**king bastard! No reason at all!

Anyway, I shouted and the chewing gum came out of my mouth and on to the floor.

It was gone forever. There was no more. None. Nothing. That was the end of it.

All wasps should be killed, really horribly. They don’t do anything other than piss people off, and they are good for NOTHING. You’ll hear idiots saying that they are part of the food chain and that birds need to eat them to live etc etc blah blah.

Bullshit! Birds have tonnes of other insects to eat, and ones that won’t f***ing sting them! I think they’d rather eat something that won’t sting them actually!

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Just got an Antec 1200 and watched Lucky Number Slevin.
Can't complain I suppose .... oh wait .... yes I can!!

Wasps

There is no point to wasps. They are just crap! They sting for no reason at all whatsoever. Bastards!

Remember that Lemon Orbit chewing gum? Limited edition, was only out for a short time. I had the last bit in a packet and you couldn’t buy it ANYWHERE anymore.

So I basically had the last bit that we could get our hands on.

We were on holiday, I was about 10 or something, really young anyway.

I had just put this last bit of lemon chewing gum in my mouth and started to chew it. Then, all of a sudden, this bastard wasp landed on my thumb and stung me! The little fucking bastard! No reason at all!

Anyway, I shouted and the chewing gum came out of my mouth and on to the floor.

It was gone forever. There was no more. None. Nothing. That was the end of it.

All wasps should be killed, really horribly. They don’t do anything other than piss people off, and they are good for NOTHING. You’ll hear idiots saying that they are part of the food chain and that birds need to eat them to live etc etc blah blah.

Bullshit! Birds have tonnes of other insects to eat, and ones that won’t fucking sting them! I think they’d rather eat something that won’t sting them actually!

I agree bee's are awesome, wasps are like little fucking hitlers.