• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ugly Truth About Hackers

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X (65w eco profile)
Motherboard MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Cooling Scythe Mugen (rev 5)
Memory 2 x Kingston HyperX DDR4-3200 32 GiB
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT
Storage Samsung 980 Pro, Seagate Exos X20 TB 7200 RPM
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Case Coolermaster HAF 932 w/ USB 3.0 5.25" bay + USB 3.2 (A+C) 3.5" bay
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1150, Micca OriGen+
Power Supply Enermax Platimax 850w
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Keyboard Tesoro Excalibur
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Faster than the tortoise; slower than the hare.
Hackers are like a bomb-squad. They remove the self-destructing code in the applications so they won't damage the software or system. How is that a bad thing? The "bullshit" lies in why people are putting self-destructing code in those applications in the first place. Where I'm from, we call that a virus and it is not tolerated.

I'm wary about laying money down for any game now. I don't like all the guilty until proven innocent "bullshit" software comes with today..

DrPepper

The Doctor is in the house
System Name Rusky
Processor Intel Core i7 D0 3.8Ghz
Motherboard Asus P6T
Cooling Thermaltake Dark Knight
Memory 12GB Patriot Viper's 1866mhz 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) GTX470 1280MB
Storage OCZ Summit 60GB + Samsung 1TB + Samsung 2TB
Display(s) Sharp Aquos L32X20E 1920 x 1080
Case Silverstone Raven RV01
Power Supply Corsair 650 Watt
Software Windows 7 x64
Benchmark Scores 3DMark06 - 18064 http://img.techpowerup.org/090720/Capture002.jpg
Hackers are like a bomb-squad. They remove the self-destructing code in the applications so they won't damage the software or system. How is that a bad thing? The "bullshit" lies in why people are putting self-destructing code in those applications in the first place. Where I'm from, we call that a virus and it is not tolerated.

I'm wary about laying money down for any game now. I don't like all the guilty until proven innocent "bullshit" software comes with today..

I agree. Pirates are the one's who get it easy compared to the people who buy it

System Name Compy 386
Processor 7800X3D
Motherboard Asus
Cooling Air for now.....
Memory 64 GB DDR5 6400Mhz
Video Card(s) 7900XTX 310 Merc
Storage Samsung 990 2TB, 2 SP 2TB SSDs and over 10TB spinning
Display(s) 56" Samsung 4K HDR
Audio Device(s) ATI HDMI
Mouse Logitech MX518
Keyboard Razer
Software A lot.
Benchmark Scores Its fast. Enough.
They will include homebrew programmers in the same class? really? So friends of mine who have made some homebrew for certain phones, and other mobile devices are hackers and breaking federal law?

A couple got jobs for what they did.

Plus the actual term they are looking for is "crackers" as they crack the security. TO "hack" something together is more of fixing a puzzle or gaining results by cutting the pieces to fit how you want them. I hack stuff together all the time to make it work the way I want. I had a company come out and take pics of a GPS system I put together as they couldn't do it.

The article is a bullshit attempt to awaken the pubic to the "harm" these people cause. What about the harm caused to me when I can't watch movies I own over certain cables due to their DRM bullshit, it is just another ponzi like scheme to force consumers to buy new things when they are happy with the items they own. How many people have bought new stuff only as their new DVD player wouldn't work with this cable, or that TV in the way their old one would? How hard did they rape the public on the price of CD's, DVD's and now Blu-Ray?

The fact is when a company advertises a item with certain specs for a certain price, then removes some beneficial item, they should be forced to drop the price. If not by consumers, by laws and regulations. They have no problem spending millions they make in lobbying for their rights, to hold us down, but cry and moan about having to provide services they products at a fair price to the same consumers they are pillaging.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Also, isn't it funny how the article once didn't mention DRM and how it unfairly restricts competition and removes user's rights. Anyone tried selling a Steam game they no longer wanted, lately? Thought so.

Yeah, that writer is a corporate shill and deliberately wrote that article to be provocative. You could probably even call it a troll post, perhaps?

TheMailMan78

Big Member
System Name TheMailbox 5.0 / The Mailbox 4.5
Processor RYZEN 1700X / Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz
Motherboard Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 / Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH Intel LGA 1155
Cooling MasterLiquid PRO 280 / Scythe Katana 4
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Storage 256Gb M4 SSD / 128Gb Agelity 4 SSD , 500Gb WD (7200)
Display(s) LG 29" Class 21:9 UltraWide® IPS LED Monitor 2560 x 1080 / Dell 27"
Case Cooler Master MASTERBOX 5t / Cooler Master 922 HAF
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei (RAW) / Logitech G5
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow / Logitech (Unknown)
Software Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)
Benchmark Scores Benching is for bitches.

That code wouldn't have put in there to begin with if it wasn't for hackers. Now you rely on hackers to remove it. See where this is going?

They will include homebrew programmers in the same class? really? So friends of mine who have made some homebrew for certain phones, and other mobile devices are hackers and breaking federal law?

A couple got jobs for what they did.

Plus the actual term they are looking for is "crackers" as they crack the security. TO "hack" something together is more of fixing a puzzle or gaining results by cutting the pieces to fit how you want them. I hack stuff together all the time to make it work the way I want. I had a company come out and take pics of a GPS system I put together as they couldn't do it.

The article is a bullshit attempt to awaken the pubic to the "harm" these people cause. What about the harm caused to me when I can't watch movies I own over certain cables due to their DRM bullshit, it is just another ponzi like scheme to force consumers to buy new things when they are happy with the items they own. How many people have bought new stuff only as their new DVD player wouldn't work with this cable, or that TV in the way their old one would? How hard did they rape the public on the price of CD's, DVD's and now Blu-Ray?

The fact is when a company advertises a item with certain specs for a certain price, then removes some beneficial item, they should be forced to drop the price. If not by consumers, by laws and regulations. They have no problem spending millions they make in lobbying for their rights, to hold us down, but cry and moan about having to provide services they products at a fair price to the same consumers they are pillaging.

And people will always moan and cry in this "entitlement" age.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Its not a valid point. You are the only one that brought nationality into this. Who picks what is an exception? Common sense and in come cases history.

I think it was implied with all the bogus laws the USA has against digital rights I think thats NATIONS assuming were the best, alot of those countrys dont have our restrictions. You know incase the big bad coders decide to blow up the planet. So what a Scot hacked NASA He's right we do think were tough shit. You may not think we do. But your position on the topic is clear and its obvious why you wouldnt notice.

Admeral Ackbar says: Its a TRAP! WE CANNOT REPEL HULIGAINS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Memory ADATA RGB 16GB DDR4 2666 16-16-16-39 / G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB DDR3 1866: 9-9-9-24
Video Card(s) MSI 1080 "Duke" with 8Gb of RAM. Boost Clock 1847 MHz / ASUS 780ti
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC1220 Audio Codec / SupremeFX X-Fi with Bose Companion 2 speakers.
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS Plus Series SSR-750PX 750W Platinum / SeaSonic X Series X650 Gold
I think it was implied with all the bogus laws the USA has against digital rights I think thats NATIONS assuming were the best, alot of those countrys dont have our restrictions. You know incase the big bad coders decide to blow up the planet. So what a Scot hacked NASA He's right we do think were tough shit. You may not think we do. But your position on the topic is clear and its obvious why you wouldnt notice.

Admeral Ackbar says: Its a TRAP! WE CANNOT REPEL HULIGAINS OF THAT MAGNITUDE!

Stop saying "we". I know from experience now matter how good you are someone out there is better. Plus the US government is one of the most incompetent entities on the planet. Ever been to the DMV? Yeah I thought so.

All I know is this will turn into half the forum vs me in a few more posts.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Display(s) Nixeus NX-EDG274K (3840x2160@144 DP) + Samsung SyncMaster 906BW (1440x900@60 HDMI-DVI)
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
I agree. Pirates are the one's who get it easy compared to the people who buy it
As it should be. They remove the bombs from the building so there's no fear of the building collapsing on top of you at some mad-man's whim.

I've had legimate games scream and yell at me to put the disk in the drive. Why? The disk isn't required for the game to function. Even then, the disk was in the drive so what you bitching and moaning about? All a legitimate game owner can do in that situation is endlessly eject and put the disk back in until the "bullshit" is satisfied I am not a pirate. If I call up the publisher, what do they do? You are a pirate, they won't help you not that they have ever been helpful since pre-2000. Basically, you now have a $40-60 frisbee on your hands but wait, there's hope: Pirates/hackers to the rescue! Replace a few files and viola, games works again without the stupid disk in the drive! The pirates/hackers are more useful to the customer than the publisher for one simple reason: pirates/hackers believe people are innocent until proven guilty; publishers believe you are guilty until proven innocent by their dodgy software. Publishers created that bomb squad and it won't go away until they quit planting bombs.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Stop saying "we". I know from experience now matter how good you are someone out there is better. Plus the US government is one of the most incompetent entities on the planet. Ever been to the DMV? Yeah I thought so.

ok so you worked at correcting my grammer because of your personal belifes in the US govt. Its coding populos and this is a valid argument how? that screams "IMO" at which point it is baseless.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
That code wouldn't have put in there to begin with if it wasn't for hackers. Now you rely on hackers to remove it. See where this is going?
Hackers are people skilled with computers. Back in the day, any idiot could "pirate" a game just like they can pirate a movie. The hackers didn't flock to gaming until anti-piracy software was put in place (e.g. Macrovision's Checkdisk). There was now a challenge and an incentive to break the code.

imperialreign

System Name УльтраФиолет
Processor Intel Kentsfield Q9650 @ 3.8GHz (4.2GHz highest achieved)
Motherboard ASUS P5E3 Deluxe/WiFi; X38 NSB, ICH9R SSB
Cooling Delta V3 block, XPSC res, 120x3 rad, ST 1/2" pump - 10 fans, SYSTRIN HDD cooler, Antec HDD cooler
Memory Dual channel 8GB OCZ Platinum DDR3 @ 1800MHz @ 7-7-7-20 1T
Video Card(s) Quadfire: (2) Sapphire HD5970
Storage (2) WD VelociRaptor 300GB SATA-300; WD 320GB SATA-300; WD 200GB UATA + WD 160GB UATA
Display(s) Samsung Syncmaster T240 24" (16:10)
Case Cooler Master Stacker 830
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro PCI-E x1
Power Supply Kingwin Mach1 1200W modular
Software Windows XP Home SP3; Vista Ultimate x64 SP2
Benchmark Scores 3m06: 20270 here: http://hwbot.org/user.do?userId=12313
"hacking" by today's standards is completely different than what it was 10-15 years ago.

10-15 years ago, "hacking" was all about "freedom of information," it wasn't so much about "breaking" into systems or programs for the hell of it, it was out of curiosity and the quest for knowledge. Thing is, though, everyone involved in the scene knew what we were doing was illegal - we didn't try to justify it, instead defending our actions in our access to "knowledge."

This sums up the "hacking" scene of 15 years ago: http://www.mithral.com/~beberg/manifesto.html

For those of us who wer part of that scene at some point or anothed, long before it became "glamorized" by movies such as "Hackers," how much of that still applies to these "hackers" of today?

Today, the "hackers" break such systems and software for bragging rights - if you've payed any attention to these underground communities, there's near constant in-fighting and trying to out-do other groups. It's all a show of one-upmanship . . . not what we had nearly a score years ago. As well, they try to justify their actions, and have confused themselves into believing that they're not doing anything illegal (although, I still stand by the belief that if one must justify one's actions, then one knows it's unethical), and that they're acting for the betterment of society.

No matter how you look at it, it's still all illegal. Sure, sometimes the occasional good does come out of it (most modern corporate and government network systems wouldn't be anywhere near as secure as they currently are if not for the old-school phreaks), but that's a rare circumstance. 95% of the time, that's not how things will go down.

-EDIT-

. . . and, BTW, just to clear things up . . . "hackers" today are actually "crackers" - I've never viewed any of these kiddies as being what the old-school were.

qubit

Overclocked quantum bit
System Name Quantumville™
Processor Intel Core i7-2700K @ 4GHz
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3
Cooling Noctua NH-D14
Memory 16GB (2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Black DDR3 PC3-12800 C9 1600MHz)
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming X Trio
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | WD Black 4TB | WD Blue 6TB
Display(s) ASUS ROG Strix XG27UQR (4K, 144Hz, G-SYNC compatible) | Asus MG28UQ (4K, 60Hz, FreeSync compatible)
Case Cooler Master HAF 922
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty PCIe
Power Supply Corsair AX1600i
Mouse Microsoft Intellimouse Pro - Black Shadow
Keyboard Yes
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Plus the US government is one of the most incompetent entities on the planet. Ever been to the DMV? Yeah I thought so.

All I know is this will turn into half the forum vs me in a few more posts.

Nah, you're wrong good buddy. The British government takes that cake! :laugh: I mean seriously, what a bunch of clowns. :nutkick:

TheMailMan78

Big Member
ok so you worked at correcting my grammer because of your personal belifes in the US govt. Its coding populos and this is a valid argument how? that screams "IMO" at which point it is baseless.

No MilkyWay statement was based off assumption and opinion. The entire argument about "Americans being the best" is not only irrelevant but based off opinion and assumption as your statement is. We are in FACT not the best at anything. Nor is anyone else.

Nah, you're wrong good buddy. The British government takes that cake! :laugh: I mean seriously, what a bunch of clowns. :nutkick:

See we cant even agree on who's more incompetent!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think hackers are actually doing illegal things, even if they distribute their cracks all over the internet.

Uploading illegal copies of games are illegal. Not the crack itself nor the hackers.

Honestly its not just hackers its the homebrew scene too, if you look at it the big companies didn't like the bedroom programmers of the 80s. They try to shut out the homebrew scene because it detracts from the big companies.

Before piracy there was homebrew.

Its like years ago they started implementing security on disks ect because they thought piracy might be an issue that age old saying prevention is better than treatment. Panic mongers implementing things way before its happened.

Piracy has been and always will be, people used to get twin recorder video players to copy video tapes.

You cant treat piracy unless you start effecting other areas, like the removal of otherOS on PS3.

EDIT: NASA and the US Military is "SAID" to have the best security, if i mistook that as fact apologies. Its not really something i can test out is it. One man broke into a security system through a remote connection to an unmanned terminal had a person been there they would've noticed it. The whole point was that the guy didn't really do anything morally wrong just broke a few international and US laws.

FordGT90Concept

"I go fast!1!11!1!"
System Name BY-2021
Mouse Nixeus REVEL-X
Ever hear of reverse engineering?
Reverse engineering is legal so long as the people doing reverse engineering had no contact with those that originally authored it.

System Name Night Rider | Mini LAN PC | Workhorse
Processor AMD R7 5800X3D | Ryzen 1600X | i7 970
Motherboard MSi AM4 Pro Carbon | GA- | Gigabyte EX58-UD5
Cooling Noctua U9S Twin Fan| Stock Cooler, Copper Core)| Big shairkan B
Memory 2x8GB DDR4 G.Skill Ripjaws 3600MHz| 2x8GB Corsair 3000 | 6x2GB DDR3 1300 Corsair
Video Card(s) MSI AMD 6750XT | 6500XT | MSI RX 580 8GB
Storage 1TB WD Black NVME / 250GB SSD /2TB WD Black | 500GB SSD WD, 2x1TB, 1x750 | WD 500 SSD/Seagate 320
Display(s) LG 27" 1440P| Samsung 20" S20C300L/DELL 15" | 22" DELL/19"DELL
Case LIAN LI PC-18 | Mini ATX Case (custom) | Atrix C4 9001
Audio Device(s) Onboard | Onbaord | Onboard
Power Supply Silverstone 850 | Silverstone Mini 450W | Corsair CX-750
Mouse Coolermaster Pro | Rapoo V900 | Gigabyte 6850X
Keyboard MAX Keyboard Nighthawk X8 | Creative Fatal1ty eluminx | Some POS Logitech
Software Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 10 Pro 64 | Windows 7 Pro 64/Windows 10 Home
With out hackers you wouldn't have the security of today.

Im not saying what they do is right, but it makes the next gen stuff even better.

Just watch Takedown.

TheMailMan78

Big Member
Reverse engineering is legal so long as the people doing reverse engineering had no contact with those that originally authored it.

Most EULA prohibit it.

Why? your perception of perfect or better is warped. Like everyone else. Like all of us. However Their is no reason why someone else cant be the best. How could it? You know what dont answer that this is derailed enough. This isnt about personal opinions on rash statements tought to us over the years. Not to mention its incredably off topic.

Agreed. :toast:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
I think one of the important distinctions people forget to make are the diffrent catagories. The term "Hacker" gets thrown around like girls at a frat party. Its a word that people use for many reasons victimise, criminalize etc. However the term is improperly used very very often then the deffinition it was ment for. Of course this just drives propoganda and "doom saying" scaring people into thinking that boogy men are in more places than their kids closet. Of course it is true to a certain degree virus coders etc can fall into the boogy man catagory but thats not what this is about. "Real" hackers for lack of a better term are not intrested in the home user they are after the big companys. They dont care about naked pictures of your wife or the porn you hide from her. No the tools that get into your system are 11th grade script kiddies who think their 1337 because they went to your house disabled your AV went to ipchicken wrote it down went back home and wrote something up in the C# they learned that day in class. Their are diffirences and before people cant realy be scared be angry or even have a serious discussion. Until you know the diffirence.

System Name [Daily Driver]
Processor [Ryzen 7 5800X3D]
Motherboard [Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS]
Cooling [be quiet! Dark Rock Slim]
Memory [64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz (16GBx4)]
Video Card(s) [PNY RTX 3070Ti XLR8]
Storage [1TB SN850 NVMe, 4TB 990 Pro NVMe, 2TB 870 EVO SSD, 2TB SA510 SSD]
Display(s) [2x 27" HP X27q at 1440p]
Case [Fractal Meshify-C]
Audio Device(s) [Steelseries Arctis Pro]
Power Supply [CORSAIR RMx 1000]
Mouse [Logitech G Pro Wireless]
Keyboard [Logitech G512 Carbon (GX-Brown)]
Software [Windows 11 64-Bit]
hackers hack because they find it fun, just like how mm finds it fun to somehow not be banned yet.

I dont get what the big deal is, we can all agree that hackers and hacked consoles for the most part r an extreme minority that if say for some reason we didnt spend hours in a computer forum we would never even know existed.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
hackers hack because they find it fun, just like how mm finds it fun to somehow not be banned yet.

I dont get what the big deal is, we can all agree that hackers and hacked consoles for the most part r an extreme minority that if say for some reason we didnt spend hours in a computer forum we would never even know existed.

wut? I hope you werent implying MM needed to be repremanded for something he said in this thread? Anyway the big deal is the controversy behind what they do. Who what when were why? the problem is it turns into a wtf chicken or the egg argument in about 3min.

System Name Unknown
Processor AMD Bulldozer FX8320 @ 4.4Ghz
Motherboard Asus Crosshair V
Cooling XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 for CPU
Memory 8 GB CORSAIR Vengeance Red DDR3 RAM 1922mhz (10-11-9-27)
Video Card(s) XFX R9 290
Storage Samsung SSD 254GB and Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
Display(s) AOC 23" @ 1920x1080 + Asus 27" 1440p
Case HAF X
Audio Device(s) X Fi Titanium 5.1 Surround Sound
Power Supply 750 Watt PP&C Silencer Black
Software Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit
All I know is that I'm glad Sony removed linux. Its even better for European Owners cause they can get a refund of a good portions of their money back and still Keep the Other OS Feature. I personally haven't updated (can still play online though), plan on getting the Custom PS3 OS from GeoHot and hope the Hacking Continues. All PSP hacking has shown me is that Hombrew Apps own anything thing Sony Released for the PSP. I want the same for the PS3

TheMailMan78

Big Member
I think one of the important distinctions people forget to make are the diffrent catagories. The term "Hacker" gets thrown around like girls at a frat party. Its a word that people use for many reasons victimise, criminalize etc. However the term is improperly used very very often then the deffinition it was ment for. Of course this just drives propoganda and "doom saying" scaring people into thinking that boogy men are in more places than their kids closet. Of course it is true to a certain degree virus coders etc can fall into the boogy man catagory but thats not what this is about. "Real" hackers for lack of a better term are not intrested in the home user they are after the big companys. They dont care about naked pictures of your wife or the porn you hide from her. No the tools that get into your system are 11th grade script kiddies who think their 1337 because they went to your house disabled your AV went to ipchicken wrote it down went back home and wrote something up in the C# they learned that day in class. Their are diffirences and before people cant realy be scared be angry or even have a serious discussion. Until you know the diffirence.

I blame WarGames.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11

Kreij

Senior Monkey Moderator
Sol said:
I hope you werent implying MM needed to be repremanded for something he said in this thread?

Other than the little off-topic jaunt about nationality, you've all behaved pretty well for a thread of this type (which usually causes flame wars). Please keep it that way :toast:

I am not sure why hardware companies do not unlock their stuff. The gaming industry has proven over and over that allowing people to modify/add content greatly extends the life of a product. Just look at NWN. There are still new mods coming out.

Last edited:

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Other than the little off-topic jaunt about nationality, you've all behaved pretty well for a thread of this type (which usually causes flame wars). Please keep it that way :toast:

I am not sure why hardware companies do not unlock there stuff. The gaming industry has proven over and over that allowing people to modify/add content greatly extends the life of a product. Just look at NWN. There are still new mods coming out.

nwn was a bad mention I love that game and this will quickly go south with further discussion of how awesome that game is.