• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

@Dj Urko

I have bought today a new laptop, and it is installed in build 15063 and your mod is installed fine, but in the sound panel I have nothing, it has like a display port HDMI
Can you or I this fixed?
Thanx in advance

Edit:
It has an Intel HD audio not Realtek sorry :(

Last edited:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
So I finally disabled the driver signature check today and went through with the mod. Strangely the end result was horrible. The sound was like crippled with lots of high pitched noise. And all the sound somehow feels like delayed? I don't know.

I did everything according to the installation instruction. I have Creator update 15063 and I think @Dj Urko has added my codec to the INF file a while back. I am lost.

OK maybe my board codec was not included in the updated INF. Everyone has a different settings for the forum page. Maybe Dj Urko didn't know that and I have no idea whether his page 7 equals to my settings of page 7.

In case you didn't have it, here is my codec information again.

My device ID is
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438608&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438608

Thanks Dj Urko. I will give it another try when you have time to trouble shoot with me.

Last edited:
So I finally disabled the driver signature check today and went through with the mod. Strangely the end result was horrible. The sound was like crippled with lots of high pitched noise. And all the sound somehow feels like delayed? I don't know.

I did everything according to the installation instruction. I have Creator update 15063 and I think @Dj Urko has added my codec to the INF file a while back. I am lost.

OK maybe my board codec was not included in the updated INF. Everyone has a different settings for the forum page. Maybe Dj Urko didn't know that and I have no idea whether his page 7 equals to my settings of page 7.

In case you didn't have it, here is my codec information again.

My device ID is
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438608&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_10438608

Thanks Dj Urko. I will give it another try when you have time to trouble shoot with me.
Brother, maybe, you have all the dolby digital and dolby atmos and SRS and DTS and Harman turned on together at the same time . Try switching all off and then turning on only one

Last edited:
Hey @DrMonty , and @Dj Urko , I was wondering what you have enabled and what you have disable to get the best quality of audio for your speakers.

Last edited:
Hey @DrMonty , and @Dj Urko , I was wondering what you have enabled and what you have disable to get the best quality of audio for your speakers.

Brother, I have a very basic Lenovo AIO with built in small stereo speakers, I have only enabled Dolby Atmos and I am getting absolutely fabulous virtual surround sound with noticeable audio improvement. The Dolby Atmos effect is so superior to even Dolby Audio that it is unbelievable

Last edited:
Brother, I have a very basic Lenovo AIO with built in small stereo speakers, I have only enabled Dolby Atmos and I am getting absolutely fabulous virtual surround sound with noticeable audio improvement. The Dolby Atmos effect is so superior to even Dolby Audio that it is unbelievable

how? from which mod?

No no brother!! That is the same Dolby Atmos app that Djurko has provided. My PC has only basic Realtek driver by default
Oh okay, so how are you getting Dolby Atmos to work without Dolby audio?

Oh okay, so how are you getting Dolby Atmos to work?

There are links to Dolby DAX3 api SDK and Dax3 App in this thread itself. The Dolby Atmos app installs but everytime you start it , it shows Tuning data missing!!

There are links to Dolby DAX3 api SDK and Dax3 App in this thread itself. The Dolby Atmos app installs but everytime you start it , it shows Tuning data missing!!
Yeah it does that, so your just using that right? We need to get that problem fixed.

David Williams

Hi i have been trying to install your modded Realtek Audio Drivers and i am having no luck, i figured maybe it's because the systems i am trying this on are not in the .inf file, below are their details.
I am getting all sorts of errors, which i have screenshots i can email you if you PM me. I am running latest Windows 10 Pro, the disable guide worked fine and i am also in test mode! Any assistance would be appreciated!
Regards
David

Asus N750JK
Realtek ALC668
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_1043129D&REV_1000
Asus ROG G751JY
Realtek ALC668
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0668&SUBSYS_104312FF&REV_1000
Asus ROG Maximus Formula 6
Realtek ALC1150
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0900&SUBSYS_1043857E&REV_1000

@David Williams wait wait wait I will add all of you this night just wait 11 22h I will add all of you but thank you and we need to find very specially dax3updatedb to make working dolby atmos app I think that that can be possible after one year but dont worry dts studio sound is more better think about that.... this app that I can provide is coming from new asus laptops that's the feature I think and I hope

David Williams

@David Williams wait wait wait I will add all of you this night just wait 11 22h I will add all of you but thank you and we need to find very specially dax3updatedb to make working dolby atmos app I think that that can be possible after one year but dont worry dts studio sound is more better think about that.... this app that I can provide is coming from new asus laptops that's the feature I think and I hope
No worries mate, and i you want any error screenshots chuck me a PM and i can email them to you :)

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P

Hey Urko, do you know what might be causing the problem for my post above?

I tried turning off SRS and just leave Dobly Audio enhancements on and the sound was still horrible.

I did get an error when trying to use installer to install your modified driver. I worked around it by using device manager manual install. Can you add my device information to the INF? I would love to give this another try.

Also just to clarify the installation process:

1. Disable secure boot/driver signature check
2. Install modified driver using installer
3. Install the DTS software packs
4. Install the SRS software packs

Right? Do I need to install both Dolby and SRS or just one of them is enough?

I agree as well, that having Dolby Atmos only without Dolby audio is unbelievable sound quality. Im currently using Dolby Atmos with Maxx Audio. My realtek Driver default comes with Maxx Audio.

I have 5.1 speakers, but I can't configure them with windows sound because it doesn't detect my rear speakers, but I can still hear sound from them.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I also want to share the Hardware ID's of the asrock x370 professional gaming mainboard.
The ID's are (Realtek 1220 chip):

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18491221 (3,5 mm Ouput's)
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_1220&SUBSYS_18491221&REV_1000 (SPDIF)

These can be add to the inf file.

still no luck on atmos? I can't wait to see a complete mod like pics in post #354. :clap: