• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

HoangPham

My mind exploded guys, i need help. I'm so confusing right now because there are so many drivers. I don't know which one is the correct one. Can anyone help me with the installation for sound blaster connect 2 please. (Step by step will be great) Thank you.

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64

BastyTH

i found this mega driver on msi site, http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/realtek_nahimic_audio.zip its 6.0.1.8470 and have loads of dlls but i forgot how to mod it now lol.
try with FX configer. wanna get harman working but panel would get freeze everytime i change eq setting.

i'm on windows 7 and driver work all 7 till 10 but 7 lack of panel since it can install UWP apps.

hope someone can mod it to work with those panels.

I need help please - I can't get either Dolby ATMOS ( DAX 3 ) nor Dolby Audio ( DAX2 ) to work on digital SPDIF output.
IT IS WORKING for internal speaker / headphone - but not for digital SPDIF output.

is there something I need to change in the default.xml ? ( I know were this file is for DAX3, not for DAX2 ).

also, don't know if it's related, but I don't got any "C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc " folder either DAX2 or DAX3 installed.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
i found this mega driver on msi site, http://download.msi.com/dvr_exe/realtek_nahimic_audio.zip its 6.0.1.8470 and have loads of dlls but i forgot how to mod it now lol.
try with FX configer. wanna get harman working but panel would get freeze everytime i change eq setting.

i'm on windows 7 and driver work all 7 till 10 but 7 lack of panel since it can install UWP apps.

hope someone can mod it to work with those panels.

Use one Modified Driver, install other compatible with Sound Blaster of Creative Technology, It's my advice, you choose.
NOTE: The Windows 7 /8/8.1 isn't complatible with UWP services and UWP apps, only work with windows 10.
View my previous post

BastyTH

well now stuck at get nahimic working, i'm aiming to get nahimic 2 work now since dts audio not work for more than stereo, cant find which file contain the setting for realtek nahimic, HDXRT and HDXRT4 both have nahimic's files but when install the panel its said this device not support.

my device is
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0899&SUBSYS_18491898&REV_1000

Last edited:

danishblunt

@alanfox2000
After trying your mod my realtek drivers seem broken, it doesnt matter which version I try to install, my notebook will always play from speakers and headphones at the same time, which is a huge problem. Do you have any idea what is causing this?

My notebook does detect when a headphone is being connected, DTS etc. switches to headphones, but somehow it doesnt switch off the speakers!

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
The driver is that, you need go to Realtek App and change these avanced options
Sem Título.png

OR, if you use the Gigabyte App:

DXKMl34.jpg

Last edited:

dobsok84

Soooo I have been reading this thread for a few hours now, and I am lost.

I have the Asus ROG strix x470 board w/ SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

I removed the realtek driver that I had, ran a registry cleaner for the audio drivers, and copied & pasted the .inf to WIN 64.

I then ran the setup for from: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6d0xu8wdnv57b/Realtek_HDA#mun1b2pc2fi8d
as that person seemed to have a similar ASUS setup

Capture2.PNG

but everytime I do I just get
Capture.PNG

I feel like I am missing a bunch of steps........

danishblunt

Soooo I have been reading this thread for a few hours now, and I am lost.

I have the Asus ROG strix x470 board w/ SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC S1220A

I removed the realtek driver that I had, ran a registry cleaner for the audio drivers, and copied & pasted the .inf to WIN 64.

I then ran the setup for from: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6d0xu8wdnv57b/Realtek_HDA#mun1b2pc2fi8d
as that person seemed to have a similar ASUS setup

View attachment 103894

but everytime I do I just get
View attachment 103895

I feel like I am missing a bunch of steps........
You're not supposed to run the installer, you have to update via device manager.

TheHenkGameKing

Hey guys, i feel like i dit something wrong, i dit the win64 folder select driver thingy, deleted the old drivers so it shows "High devinition audio device" and ran the Audio driver registry clean. But when i try to install the driver i get this, any advice?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    28.5 KB · Views: 730
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,088
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    13.5 KB · Views: 673
I cant find the OP link anywhere here. And the one provided by Diego Silva do not install under windows 10 since the driver is not signed.
Is there a option to get a better higher sound with Realtek onboard audio?
Unfortunately my mobo do not have any expansion slot so i cant use my Asus Xonar Xense audio card with my Senheiser headphone. Such a waste...

Where is DanielK when we need him :)

Last edited:

vorenus

Hello guys , i follow step by step the tutorial but sound blaster connect tell me can't detect my audio device if anyone can help me please i'
Sans titre.png
m gonna be crazy

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None

firefox1

I cant find the OP link anywhere here. And the one provided by Diego Silva do not install under windows 10 since the driver is not signed.
Is there a option to get a better higher sound with Realtek onboard audio?
Unfortunately my mobo do not have any expansion slot so i cant use my Asus Xonar Xense audio card with my Senheiser headphone. Such a waste...

Where is DanielK when we need him :)
Same issue here, I've got ASUS ROG STRIX - I mini ITX mobo, no room for any additional sound cards. Would like to use this mod to unlock the latest audio formats using this config: Realtek Digital Output (SPIDF) - Onkyo AV Receiver - 7.1 Speakers
Anybody get this working?

Same issue here, I've got ASUS ROG STRIX - I mini ITX mobo, no room for any additional sound cards. Would like to use this mod to unlock the latest audio formats using this config: Realtek Digital Output (SPIDF) - Onkyo AV Receiver - 7.1 Speakers
Anybody get this working?
YES, follow the guides & tips in this forum ( READ PREVIOUS POSTS !) - it works.
I got digital SPDIF out working on my Asus G751JT, I can output 5.1 using either DTSi or DLL ( former is better as per spec ) - but I think 5.1 is max for me due to my audio chip ( ALC668 ).
if your audio chip supports DIGITAL 7.1 output - these drivers should let you output 7.1 as well - WORST case - you might need to tweak them using FX Configurator that's comes with the APO driver.

Lastly, if you got Onkyo receiver - why don't you pass digital audio through HDMI ?
the bandwidth using HDMI is much larger ( i.e much HIGHER quality sound can be sent )

totalpow

Hi I have a msi z370 a pro mobo with realtek audio would like to download modified version of drivers and setup to try out ,what would be the latest download? Thks

4klover

been trying to install this on my pc
i kept getting this error even though i disabled the signature and followed all steps
if anyone can help that would be great

thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    103.6 KB · Views: 940

fctgomes

Hi! You can for my device. My device is ALC256 for Dell 7567 gaming. I liked up audio in my laptop, becouse the MaxAudio Pro is a bullshit.

firefox1

Hi, Yes I plan to use the HDMI ports on my Onkyo NR676, I'm still a little new to this is there a install/user guide somewhere I can reference?
Thanks.

Hi, Yes I plan to use the HDMI ports on my Onkyo NR676, I'm still a little new to this is there a install/user guide somewhere I can reference?
Thanks.
if you plan in using HDMI - you don't need realtek driver since most probably you're output the HDMI from a graphics cards, and its drivers ( nvidia / AMD ) are the one supplying the audio - not realtek.
AFAIK, this is also true for on-board HDMI - i.e the driver that controls the audio to that HDMI is NOT the on-board audio chip, but other different driver.

System Name Diogo Silva
Case Cooler Master N300
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
been trying to install this on my pc
i kept getting this error even though i disabled the signature and followed all steps
if anyone can help that would be great

thanks
If you disabled the signature of drivers, try Open the Setup.exe in root folder of Driver

if you plan in using HDMI - you don't need realtek driver since most probably you're output the HDMI from a graphics cards, and its drivers ( nvidia / AMD ) are the one supplying the audio - not realtek.
AFAIK, this is also true for on-board HDMI - i.e the driver that controls the audio to that HDMI is NOT the on-board audio chip, but other different driver.
Thank you, also had this doubt

firefox1

So in that case I should get the latest supported sound formats (Dolby ATMOS, DTS-X, etc...) that are supported by the HDMI interface from the video card to the AV receiver. Correct statement?

So in that case I should get the latest supported sound formats (Dolby ATMOS, DTS-X, etc...) that are supported by the HDMI interface from the video card to the AV receiver. Correct statement?
don't know to answer that... I can guess it is mainly depends on your receiver capabilities, HDMI cable version ( there are old versions that don't support audio pass-through only video ) and driver & HW on the PC ( SEE HERE a table for NVIDIA - it's is the 1st google result of searching "nvidia hdmi dolby" ).

Lastly, in turns out that not everything is peachy with nvidia HDMI audio ( for gaming for example )... (read this thread HERE).

Last edited: