• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Man, this stuff screwed up my sound and my pc. It installs so much crap that you can't remove easily, and even when some of it worked for me at least my sound seemed like it was being filtered through a river. The audio compression and artefacting was atrocious.
I had success with Alan's Relatek driver mod but not the rest. All in all, besides maybe using just their basic drivers I won't be doing any of the rest of this again and advise anyone else to avoid it unless they absolutely believe it will work and they need it. Because you probably don't and it probably won't. Just buy a soundcard.
As it is, I've had to root out all the parts of this installation (still finding services running from uninstalled dolby apps) and recovering my previous sound and settings. Wish I hadn't bothered.

@alpharevx in this mod is not possible because it has already dolby digital output in SPDIF you can find it in sound control panel Realtek digital output properties advanced

System Name Not that much but...
Processor Intel I7 3770 @ 3.4GHZ
Motherboard PEGATRON IPMSB-VH1/HDMI/ODM
Cooling Default Case Air Cooling System
Memory 8GB DDR3
Video Card(s) AMD 260X 2GB
Storage 1.2TB
Display(s) Samsung KU6000 50"
Case Thermaltake Romeo Xaser
Audio Device(s) ALC662
Power Supply Seventeam ST-550BAZ
Mouse Logitech G300
Keyboard Wireless Microsoft 3000
Software Windows 10 1809
I had success with Alan's Realtek driver mod but not the rest.

I agree, but I also gave up from trying to make it perfect, now I'm just using UAD 8501 because I couldn't deal with memory leak that could increase my "audiodg" usage till it fulfills my 8GB, but i really miss Alan's work and the quality of sound that he provided.

I agree, but I also gave up from trying to make it perfect, now I'm just using UAD 8501 because I couldn't deal with memory leak that could increase my "audiodg" usage till it fulfills my 8GB, but i really miss Alan's work and the quality of sound that he provided.

I didn't want to attribute it solely to this and just pile on the hate too much, but I had some serious issues with my PC just full on crapping it's pants. I couldn't find any software or service using ram or cpu, yet my i7 was like acting like a Pentium dual core. I'm surprised it could have been this to be honest, but it seems fine now its all uninstalled so...

Hey. I am an audio enthusiast and I would very much prefer to use an external USB DAC over the crappy audio implementation on my MIS Z390i ITX board. The only thing I am really interested in is Scout mode 2.0 Is it possible to either:

Use Creative 720° with the USC DAC (TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_20B1&PID_3066&KS)?
Send the Scout 2.0 Mix over SPDIF?

I have been using an old version of the mod found at https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...od-for-windows-10.232921/page-61#post-3930692 where any enhancement aren't send of SPDIF.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hey. I am an audio enthusiast and I would very much prefer to use an external USB DAC over the crappy audio implementation on my MIS Z390i ITX board. The only thing I am really interested in is Scout mode 2.0 Is it possible to either:

Use Creative 720° with the USC DAC (TUSBAUDIO_ENUM\VID_20B1&PID_3066&KS)?
Send the Scout 2.0 Mix over SPDIF?

I have been using an old version of the mod found at https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...od-for-windows-10.232921/page-61#post-3930692 where any enhancement aren't send of SPDIF.
Well, Try the latest version of the mod first!
Or you can use APO Driver on the USB audio out. I would perfer that if what you want is just a single audio enhancer.

wee

I have tried to install Dj Urko's mod drivers numerous time and had to reformat(easier way) my pc after unsuccessful attempts until the latest one with the guide. It worked flawless if you follow the instructions closely. Thank you Dj Urko. Tried to install APO but never succeeded, maybe needed a more simpler guide.

Well, Try the latest version of the mod first!
Or you can use APO Driver on the USB audio out. I would perfer that if what you want is just a single audio enhancer.

I did install it this morning. Realtek driver installer gave me an error, but I manually installed the driver via device manager which was working just fine.

First of all, kudos to DJ Urko to actually getting all of this to work.
Secondly, I don't really see the point in stacking all these sound "enhancers" on top of each other, since they basically do the same with slight variations. You don't have to install all of of them, though, and can just pick the one you prefer.

However, the Sound Blaster Connect UWP app (which still says "Sound Blaster Cinema 5") is vastly inferior to the Desktop version which is provided in Alan Finote's mod. It is missing all the profiles, speaker options and - most importantly for me - the Scout mode.
They all also only work with the Realtek chipset (except Nahimic).

Last edited:
@jamiethomaswhite This driver do nothing about the pc its like a normal sound driver if you dont like just go out from this thread you waste your time... write your comments in Alan`s thread please

And for Stupid people who dont know how to install this driver mod just dont waste yours time Here please just go to another thread... and dont write the bullshit here please...

Last edited:

mik3y_82

Please any one can assist with the Realtek 1220A Asus Drivers with Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar.
The ones of the Asus forums i cant get to work i have tried everything.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Please any one can assist with the Realtek 1220A Asus Drivers with Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar.
The ones of the Asus forums i cant get to work i have tried everything.
If your machine is licensed for Sonic Studio and is not being installed, create a separate thread to explain your problem. This thread is meant for DJUrko's driver mod.

mik3y_82

I should have been more clear can this thread and drivers linked here be used as a alternative to the asus ones?

AAF Optimus

Account Closed - Will not update Projects
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
News coming around ... Wait ....

System Name Mah Baby!
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @5GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
Cooling Noctua NHD-15 Chromax.Black
Memory T-FORCE DELTA R 3600@CL14
Video Card(s) AsRock RX 6700XT
Storage Lots
Display(s) SAMUNG C24F390FH 24"
Case Corsair Carbide Spec Alpha
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD/AMD
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 850w
Mouse Logitech Gaming Pro
Keyboard CORSAIR K30
Software WINDOWS 11 22H2
I am goin crazy.
What should I install to get ONLY Dolby and DTS 5.1 vis Optical?
I don't care about any other APO or anything. Please, I beg for help!
My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger. Codec is ALC1150

Please, help me!
Thank you!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I should have been more clear can this thread and drivers linked here be used as a alternative to the asus ones?
Maybe, you should try. But don't expect Sonic studio and the like; as @Dj Urko mentioned, these are not added due to them being hardware bound.
I am goin crazy.
What should I install to get ONLY Dolby and DTS 5.1 vis Optical?
I don't care about any other APO or anything. Please, I beg for help!
My motherboard is an ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger. Codec is ALC1150

Please, help me!
Thank you!
What driver/tools have you tried?

System Name Mah Baby!
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @5GHz
Motherboard ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING
Cooling Noctua NHD-15 Chromax.Black
Memory T-FORCE DELTA R 3600@CL14
Video Card(s) AsRock RX 6700XT
Storage Lots
Display(s) SAMUNG C24F390FH 24"
Case Corsair Carbide Spec Alpha
Audio Device(s) Creative SoundBlaster X-FI Titanium HD/AMD
Power Supply Cooler Master V850 850w
Mouse Logitech Gaming Pro
Keyboard CORSAIR K30
Software WINDOWS 11 22H2
Maybe, you should try. But don't expect Sonic studio and the like; as @Dj Urko mentioned, these are not added due to them being hardware bound.

Like 4 different from Alan and some other mods, plus the patcher.
None worked for me.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Like 4 different from Alan and some other mods, plus the patcher.
None worked for me.
Try APO Driver. APO Driver is best used when a single enhancement/encoder is required. It is a universal solution. To be used only on stock driver. Remove any mods and associated software first.
Support thread

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
@CityCultivator ApoDriver is good to hack Nvidia HDMI Audio I like it for that it works in all sound cards even USB audio cards I think
Indeed I use that on my Realtek as I get to select only what specific APO i want to use (Don't like to load large number of APOs and then have to disable most of them). I also use that on Intel HDMI to send DDL to an ARC receiver.

So There is new Driver in my link on Page 1. Much thanks to @Alan Finote who just compiled my mod already. So No more need to enable Test Mode anymore, just run the setup and follow the steps to install the driver. By default creative sound blaster UWP open Cinema 5 so... go to C:\ProgramData\Creative\SoftwareLock and Delete all unnececary keys except CTLNBK2HX2.kga to run Sound Blaster 720 with scout mode 2.0 and run A2-V4 regpath to enable Dolby Home Theater V4. That's all and Peace

mik3y_82

If your machine is licensed for Sonic Studio and is not being installed, create a separate thread to explain your problem. This thread is meant for DJUrko's driver mod.

I dont mind losing sonic studio.just to get the lastest drivers to work with dts and dolby if possible(maybe srs).i hoping i can get some decent audio through 3.5mm jack for gaming.
i just dont want to lose like the asus logo or gui and it must not show a msi or gigabyte.if its just the standard realtek gui thats fine aswell.

i am on Windows 10 Pro 1809 Build 17763.379

I truly appreciate your guys input.

Kind Regards
mik3y