• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I already have it and works. I was trying to get the 8409.
Just change the driver number from
post#1,050
And install through driver manger
if it still didn't work, it many cause by 8409 driver file problem and make sure you have set connected devices on Realtek HDA Panel Correctly

Attachments

• HDXMB3H.rar
    28 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
post#1,050
if it still didn't work, it many cause by 8409 driver file problem and make sure you have set connected devices Realtek HDA Correctly
yeah i put in 8409 driver folder and installed it from device manager and it didn't work. and i put in the 8403 and it didn't work, still only have stereo as a option but not 5.1 sound

Menouar

post#1,050
if it still didn't work, it many cause by 8409 driver file problem and make sure you have set connected devices on Realtek HDA Panel Correctly
i got it to work, i use the @blaqsky's inf on post #1,018 and just changed the date and number of the driver to latest one.

cpx

Alan, do you have a tutorial for using fxgenerator and what each registry key means?:toast:
After installing your latest driver i had no dts and dolby digital output options, after playing with fxgenerator i managed to make them work but dolby prologic efect doesn't work at all and dts neo is not visible either.:(

playstation_12000

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver WHQL

Mod Driver Version: 6.0.1.8403

For Windows 10 x64 Only, work with:

- Dolby Audio / Dolby Atmos / Dolby Atmos Sound System ( UWP App / Desktop App)
- DTS Audio
- Sound BlasterX 720°

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/u4dx5cfh1dmaich/20180328_realtek_hda_8403_WIN10_64.exe
whenever i'm trying to install the realtek driver using device manager, it always gives BSOD (RTHVHD64.sys crashing). what i'm exactly supposed to do?

Last edited:

PDI

Hi, I'm new on this and I also want a better audio quality. :clap:

Is it mandatory to install Creative Sound Blaster X720 + Dolby UWP APP + DTS Audio? Isn't it overkill?
Or can I have better audio quality just with one software? Also can I install Dolby Atmos as an standalone app without the modded driver?

I have a Lenovo y5070 laptop and I also use 3.5 speakers and 3.5 earphones. Would appreciate your help :peace:

Alan, do you have a tutorial for using fxgenerator and what each registry key means?:toast:
After installing your latest driver i had no dts and dolby digital output options, after playing with fxgenerator i managed to make them work but dolby prologic efect doesn't work at all and dts neo is not visible either.:(
What is your default offical realtek driver inf? No Digital Output Deivce on Playback Tab?

whenever i'm trying to install the realtek driver using device manager, it always gives BSOD (RTHVHD64.sys crashing). what i'm exactly supposed to do?
Download the clean tool (my sign) and reinstall

Hi, I'm new on this and I also want a better audio quality. :clap:

Is it mandatory to install Creative Sound Blaster X720 + Dolby UWP APP + DTS Audio? Isn't it overkill?
Or can I have better audio quality just with one software? Also can I install Dolby Atmos as an standalone app without the modded driver?

I have a Lenovo y5070 laptop and I also use 3.5 speakers and 3.5 earphones. Would appreciate your help :peace:

You can find some lenovo laptop dolby uwp preset on my modden driver. Follow the instruction on readme.txt.

What is your default offical realtek driver inf? No Digital Output Deivce on Playback Tab?

Download the clean tool (my sign) and reinstall

You can find some lenovo laptop dolby uwp preset on my modden driver. Follow the instruction on readme.txt.

I have find a way no disable sign and use the offical driver and custom FX by yourself. Now just testing.

Brandon94Cba

Older Mod Driver Version will be deleted from mediafire directory if new release on this mod
Realtek Modded Driver mediafire directory: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/fyifnpc3gicsc/Realtek_Modded_Driver

Realtek HDA 8409 Win10 x64 [SBX720 + Dolby UWP + DTS Audio + EqualizerAPO]:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/hc467..._WIN10_64_dolby_dts_sbx720_eqapo_05042018.rar

VIPER4Windows not official support multichannel & not working on Windows 10

VAC + VIPER4Windows + multichannel audio support + working on Windows 10:
http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/03/virtual-audio-cable-apo-user-guide.html

You can do this setup:
Realtek Modded Driver + VAC + VIPER4Windows + FXSound Enhancer + sound enhancer N1 + N2 .......

-----------------------------------------------------------

Anyone has try VIPER4Windows preset by anarki999? Is it good on 5.1 or 7.1?
last drivers, work in windows 7?

With FX Configurator 2.0 and Realtek APO driver you can custom your APO FX on x64 system
http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html

With this method:
You can get the lastest Realtek WHQL driver with your custom sound effects.

Just need disable driver enforcement when install Realtek APO driver once time and not necessary disable driver enforcement again!
Also don't need to enable test mode!

When you complete the Realtek APO driver instruction,
Your OS can under enabling driver enforcement and test mode off with the lastest official Realtek HD Audio WHQL Driver with custom FX!

When an update on realtek offical HD audio driver is installed, just load the config and import the registry key again and restart audio services.

Support Windows 7 to 10 x64, just use different config for your OS

Image 13.png

Last edited:
With FX Configurator 2.0 and Realtek APO driver you can custom your APO FX on x64 system
http://puresoftapps.blogspot.com/2018/04/realtek-apo-driver.html

With this method:
You can get the lastest Realtek WHQL driver with your custom sound effects.

Just need disable driver enforcement when install Realtek APO driver once time and not necessary disable driver enforcement again!
Also don't need to enable test mode!

When you complete the Realtek APO driver instruction,
Your OS can under enabling driver enforcement and test mode off with the lastest official Realtek HD Audio WHQL Driver with custom FX!

When an update on realtek offical HD audio driver is installed, just load the config and import the registry key again and restart audio services.

Support Windows 7 to 10 x64, just use different config for your OS

View attachment 99740

QQ图片20180414180025.png

System Name Diogo Silva
Processor Intel Core i5 9º Gen 9600KF Processor
Motherboard Asus TUF B360-Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper TX3i
Memory 2x8 Kingston HyperX KHX2400C12D4
Video Card(s) Asus TUF RTX2060 Gaming 6G
Storage WD WDS500G2B0B Blue 3D SATA M.2 500GB + Toshiba HDD 2Tb
Display(s) Samsung Curved Monitor 27 Pol.
Case Cooler Master N300
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC887 with Sound BlasterX 720 to Yamaha RV-X 361 Amplifier
Power Supply Seasonic Core GC 500W 80PLUS Gold
Mouse Asus ROG Pugio II Wireless Gaming Mouse
Keyboard Asus Cerberus
VR HMD None
Software Windows 10 Home Single Language (PT-PT) x64
Hello everybody,
I have a question: What is it for Creative Connection Service? That program it comes Creative Sound Blaster X720.
Install or not?
Thank you.

cpx

I fixed it after a few reinstalls of other drivers.
Even using the cleaners(registers, and application) i feel that some settings remain between versions.
I was able to test with succes Sound BlasterX 720, Dolby Home Theather v4,Dolby Digital Plus .
I was unable to install any of the Dolby UWP Apps,getting install error on the power shell scripts.
Is it posible to have more than one effect app running on the same time ?

I fixed it after a few reinstalls of other drivers.
Even using the cleaners(registers, and application) i feel that some settings remain between versions.
I was able to test with succes Sound BlasterX 720, Dolby Home Theather v4,Dolby Digital Plus .
I was unable to install any of the Dolby UWP Apps,getting install error on the power shell scripts.
Is it posible to have more than one effect app running on the same time ?

installation folder path will cause install failed, try to copy the installation folder in the root of c driver, and also enable develop mode

All dolby uwp app load the xml file C:\Windows\System32\dolbyaposvc\Default.xml
and the Default.xml sku value can be SnG or DolbyAudio or Mainstream for different version of app
All dolby uwp app of their default.xml have same sound effects settings.
Only HDAUDIO.xxxxxxx.xml have different sound effects settings, these settings is for laptop or LCD internal speakers (e.g. DolbyAtmosSoundSystem preset ext_lenovo_aio950_v221)

You can have more than one effect app, just load the config which support multi effect. e.g. CT_Dolby_UWP_DTS_Render.ini

And then you plugin headphone, it Headphone_Default_Generic_Default_xxxx.xml May be it is same as Dolby Access (Dolby Atmos for headphones)

Last edited:

cpx

installation folder path will cause install failed, try to copy the installation folder in the root of c driver, and also enable develop mode
Ok, i will try that and see.
I would like to combine for example Sound BlasterX 720 and Dolby Home Theather v4 without using the fx configurator to change between them, is this possible?
Thanks!

Ok, i will try that and see.
I would like to combine for example Sound BlasterX 720 and Dolby Home Theather v4 without using the fx configurator to change between them, is this possible?
Thanks!
You need registry edit and fx configurator is a more simple way to edit registry

cpx

You need registry edit and fx configurator is a more simple way to edit registry
Yes, i know, but the question was if it is posible to chain multiple effects and ui's that work and are visible in the same time.
like having 3 entries for GFX for example without colliding.