• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Last edited:

alpharevx

@Alan Finote I can't get your driver to work, in the installation process when i'm about to install nahimic, a CMD windows opens then a red text appears and the windows closes fast, and your driver have no effect change on my Headphones, the SounzAlive windows is GREY (can't change settings) even SBX720 can't detect my device
Clean install windows 10 pro 1809 x64

Last edited:

oliver86

Hello,

I need some help, I own a motherboard from Asus ''ROG MAXIMUS X CODE'' and use the latest audio drive from Realtek ALC1220 Version 6.0.1.8507 2018/09/28, the problem is that this driver does not include the possibility to activate the DTS function to be able to use this feature along with the VSX-933 pioneer receiver.
The connection from the PC and the receiver is made through an optical cable!

There is a solution for this problem, where I can find a compatible driver with Realtek ALC1220 that has the active DTS function?

Thank you

@dpg The driver above does not work for me:confused:

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,752
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    116.6 KB · Views: 1,691
  • Capture2 PNG.PNG
    Capture2 PNG.PNG
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,582
Last edited:

user78405

atmos part is working good now on realtek on driver level...now if someone try get both together nahmic and atmos ...cause it sounded way better than creative x720...i only manage got nahimic on UAD driver level with gigabyte driver..it work good but i just don't know how get atmos into both on one file cause i did try put both oemext config file from alanfox older driver for the nahimic one driver..but it overwrite one of other and it software works but no effect on atmos settings when i used generic one from puresoft cuase 1220 settings don't work with 900 chip cause atmos gaming software is not registering presence of dax3.2...only with puresoft config files only works but no effects due to nahimic driver ovewrite atmos driver settings ....guess oemext config file has its owned apo realtek settings as nahimic driver does...just need one with both settings combine since nahimic extoem end of config...its very messy what or where to change cause it also need to copy Dolby files in right places to begin with in order to function

here my Nahimic version for only gigabyte users, i modifly file for all chipsets users and for others, need to edit hdxgigabyte config file for your audio device if it work on different motherboard brands, since I already alter gigabyte volute oem ext and nahimic config files from thirdparty folder with all chipset device install driver but you need disable driver enforcement from powershell on windows 10 and test on settings in order to install it, cause it won't install driver due to my changes i made...so aware this is only on windows rs5 or rs4 UAD driver ....cause legacy would work but too many files what to change and i did test afinote ones..it work but starting stutter onece every 5 min or so...not sure why it does it on my board....could be it doesn't work with legacy way when his hybrid methods kindly works good for nahimic while creative don't suffer a issue since he using different version x720 than alanfox puresoft ones he use UDA version...and only nahimic version 3 is pure UDA while version 2 is only for hardware chipset on legacy level ...it doesn't use service host , then for atmos sound system....i installed pursoft apo and save current fx configuration first before override with dolby atmos setttings cause it erase whats there from driver installed so what i did ...is edit the save puresoft ini file that change composites by adding dolby as last..not before nahimic in order you won't mess up with its sound radar with altmos ones settings...cause it work fantastic when both are on and works good in that order...this is only temporary until i figure out how did puresoft did end up with its driver mod with both x720 and PCEE4..problem with PCEE4..alanfox you should be aware it doesnt work on UAD driver only on legacy ..not sure why have PCEE4 installed while software can't detect it due its not like atmos that use service host hook to load as service and PCEE4 doesn't have apo way like legecy would load it..by driver clutter way...just letting you know alanfox your mod works but not with PCee4 ...try replace it with altmos since your using UAD creative and altmos also use UAD driver as well...try make a mod for nahimic and altmos also, i am sure want to see how you did it like you did with creative driver mod...puresoft is very helpful to see how composites is current set, with gigabyte Nh3 driver....it seems also install ASIO too from driver components listed and composites also in windows registry
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HJK35pChEufHYvhmU02v0eURRr7s0c-t

only downside with Nahimic...it doesn't like firefox some reason it utilize 99% cpu usage on youtube when skipping video parts on youtube so i used chrome since its works best on...and weird that its only software use a lot cpu usage than creative...

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    612.6 KB · Views: 4,176
Last edited:

diegoweb

@Alan Finote in order to install your latest driver in Win10 build 1803 I just need to uninstall my Realtek driver, restart, and then install yours?
In the future in case I update my Windows, do I need to uninstall your driver first? If so, if I forget, can I fix it later or not?

By the way, I want to use Dolby Atmos in my headphone (for gaming and non-gaming purpose), do I need to install any other app aside your driver?
Perhaps a "Dolby Access" app alike? Or it's not necessary? I'm asking your this because I was able to see an app called Dolby Digital Plus in this post of you.

Thank you buddy!

----Edit
I've just done that and although Dolby Advanced Audio v2 and Dolby Digital Plus is working great, I can't enable Dolby Atmos for Headphone (it asks for Dolby Access and as soon as I install, it asks me to buy it).

And by the way, Creative Blaster is not working for me either.
My setup is:
Taichi X370 <-- green audio port --> Edifier C2 <-- headphone slot from Edifier C2 --> AKG K240 Studio.

Some screenshots in attachment.
Oh! And now I have no Realtek HD Audio Manager or some other apps as you have shown in your pictures @Alan Finote .
What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Attachments

• rundll32_11-02-2019_00-09-15.png
    rundll32_11-02-2019_00-09-15.png
    305.4 KB · Views: 793
  • Creative.SBConnect_11-02-2019_00-13-02.png
    Creative.SBConnect_11-02-2019_00-13-02.png
    708.4 KB · Views: 978
  • explorer_11-02-2019_00-14-03.png
    explorer_11-02-2019_00-14-03.png
    54.5 KB · Views: 792
Last edited:
atmos part is working good now on realtek on driver level...now if someone try get both together nahmic and atmos ...cause it sounded way better than creative x720...i only manage got nahimic on UAD driver level with gigabyte driver..it work good but i just don't know how get atmos into both on one file cause i did try put both oemext config file from alanfox older driver for the nahimic one driver..but it overwrite one of other and it software works but no effect on atmos settings when i used generic one from puresoft cuase 1220 settings don't work with 900 chip cause atmos gaming software is not registering presence of dax3.2...only with puresoft config files only works but no effects due to nahimic driver ovewrite atmos driver settings ....guess oemext config file has its owned apo realtek settings as nahimic driver does...just need one with both settings combine since nahimic extoem end of config...its very messy what or where to change cause it also need to copy Dolby files in right places to begin with in order to function

here my Nahimic version for only gigabyte users, i modifly file for all chipsets users and for others, need to edit hdxgigabyte config file for your audio device if it work on different motherboard brands, since I already alter gigabyte volute oem ext and nahimic config files from thirdparty folder with all chipset device install driver but you need disable driver enforcement from powershell on windows 10 and test on settings in order to install it, cause it won't install driver due to my changes i made...so aware this is only on windows rs5 or rs4 UAD driver ....cause legacy would work but too many files what to change and i did test afinote ones..it work but starting stutter onece every 5 min or so...not sure why it does it on my board....could be it doesn't work with legacy way when his hybrid methods kindly works good for nahimic while creative don't suffer a issue since he using different version x720 than alanfox puresoft ones he use UDA version...and only nahimic version 3 is pure UDA while version 2 is only for hardware chipset on legacy level ...it doesn't use service host , then for atmos sound system....i installed pursoft apo and save current fx configuration first before override with dolby atmos setttings cause it erase whats there from driver installed so what i did ...is edit the save puresoft ini file that change composites by adding dolby as last..not before nahimic in order you won't mess up with its sound radar with altmos ones settings...cause it work fantastic when both are on and works good in that order...this is only temporary until i figure out how did puresoft did end up with its driver mod with both x720 and PCEE4..problem with PCEE4..alanfox you should be aware it doesnt work on UAD driver only on legacy ..not sure why have PCEE4 installed while software can't detect it due its not like atmos that use service host hook to load as service and PCEE4 doesn't have apo way like legecy would load it..by driver clutter way...just letting you know alanfox your mod works but not with PCee4 ...try replace it with altmos since your using UAD creative and altmos also use UAD driver as well...try make a mod for nahimic and altmos also, i am sure want to see how you did it like you did with creative driver mod...puresoft is very helpful to see how composites is current set, with gigabyte Nh3 driver....it seems also install ASIO too from driver components listed and composites also in windows registry
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HJK35pChEufHYvhmU02v0eURRr7s0c-t

only downside with Nahimic...it doesn't like firefox some reason it utilize 99% cpu usage on youtube when skipping video parts on youtube so i used chrome since its works best on...and weird that its only software use a lot cpu usage than creative...
PCEE4 component on my modded UAD ONLY for Dolby Digital output with Sound Blaster Audio Effects on HDMI, PCEE4 audio effects (LFX) is not included my modded UAD

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
@Alan Finote in order to install your latest driver in Win10 build 1803 I just need to uninstall my Realtek driver, restart, and then install yours?
In the future in case I update my Windows, do I need to uninstall your driver first? If so, if I forget, can I fix it later or not?

By the way, I want to use Dolby Atmos in my headphone (for gaming and non-gaming purpose), do I need to install any other app aside your driver?
Perhaps a "Dolby Access" app alike? Or it's not necessary? I'm asking your this because I was able to see an app called Dolby Digital Plus in this post of you.

Thank you buddy!

----Edit
I've just done that and although Dolby Advanced Audio v2 and Dolby Digital Plus is working great, I can't enable Dolby Atmos for Headphone (it asks for Dolby Access and as soon as I install, it asks me to buy it).

And by the way, Creative Blaster is not working for me either.
My setup is:
Taichi X370 <-- green audio port --> Edifier C2 <-- headphone slot from Edifier C2 --> AKG K240 Studio.

Some screenshots in attachment.
Oh! And now I have no Realtek HD Audio Manager or some other apps as you have shown in your pictures @Alan Finote .
What should I do to fix this?

Thanks!
I've seen that in your Windows Control Panel, the Realtek Audio Manager is missing. Open REGEDIT (Registry Editor), and go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load" and see if the "RTSnMg64.cpl" value exists. If it exists, delete it and restart your PC.

Regarding the non-functioning of the BlasterX 720, I recommend that you extract and run the file at the link below. "GENKGA". (You may need to disable your anti-virus, IF YOU TREAT A POSITIVE FALSE).

LINK

diegoweb

I've seen that in your Windows Control Panel, the Realtek Audio Manager is missing. Open REGEDIT (Registry Editor), and go to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load" and see if the "RTSnMg64.cpl" value exists. If it exists, delete it and restart your PC.
It worked :D Thanks!

Regarding the non-functioning of the BlasterX 720, I recommend that you extract and run the file at the link below. "GENKGA". (You may need to disable your anti-virus, IF YOU TREAT A POSITIVE FALSE).
I ran the file with administrator privileges and all antivirus disabled, some files were created at "C:\programdata\creative\softwarelock".
I restarted the PC and my BlasterX 720 still wasn't working.
I read the GenKGA instructions and it said to go to the folder above and delete all files, except the one I needed to have my software working.
Sound BlasterX 720° -> CTLNBK2HX2.kga
So I deleted everything and kept only CTLNBK2HX2.kga inside that folder.
Rebooted again.
Still not working :(

And by the way, how do I enable Dolby Atmos?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Everyone, Here is my updated new driver mod who also include Dolby Atmos For Gaming. Test Mode must be enabled before installation. The Link for Download is on my link in First Page. I hope that all of you will like it and also for those who want Dolby Atmos MoD. All Plugins for install is in folder Enhancers.Thank you All
Enhancers02.PNG

System Name PowerNotebooks PowerPro R 6:8-780 (MSI GT-70)
Processor i7-4800MQ
Cooling My own custom-built cooling pad
Memory 16GB
Video Card(s) Upgraded to 980M from 780M
Storage 3x240GB mSATA in RAID 0 + 1TB HD, plus USB externals
Display(s) 17.3 1920x1080 LP173WF1-TLB3 built-in - Samsung 6 series 4K external
Hi Everyone, Here is my updated new driver mod who also include Dolby Atmos For Gaming.

First of all - thank you for sharing your efforts! Second - my only sound connection/device is via SPDIF to Dolby/DTS processor. Is this the "right" set to install? Do I need to also install/change anything else besides the usual sound device selection?

tonnydonovan

Hi Everyone, Here is my updated new driver mod who also include Dolby Atmos For Gaming. Test Mode must be enabled before installation. The Link for Download is on my link in First Page. I hope that all of you will like it and also for those who want Dolby Atmos MoD. All Plugins for install is in folder Enhancers.Thank you AllView attachment 116240

@Dj Urko I have problem if I am install this mod .

1549947635854.png

Hi Everyone, Here is my updated new driver mod who also include Dolby Atmos For Gaming. Test Mode must be enabled before installation. The Link for Download is on my link in First Page. I hope that all of you will like it and also for those who want Dolby Atmos MoD. All Plugins for install is in folder Enhancers.Thank you AllView attachment 116240
I was trying to install mod and use Dolby Atmos for gaming, I installed it fine and it works but the sound effect of Dolby Atmos for gaming didn't seem to work for me.

oliver86

where i can find a link for download drive?

oliver86

ing carefully d
Can you please give me more details how can I do this, I'm a beginner and I do not know.:banghead:
Can you tell me what are the steps to follow to give disabling.docx?

@oliver86 you must enable test mode by reading carefully disabling.docx then restart the PC and try to install the driver after that
I managed to install but get the following error,DTS is not available.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    100.3 KB · Views: 830
  • Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    5.9 KB · Views: 580
Last edited:
System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF DCH Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
Can you please give me more details how can I do this, I'm a beginner and I do not know.:banghead:
Can you tell me what are the steps to follow to give disabling.docx?

I managed to install but get the following error,DTS is not available.
The error quoted in the first image should be due to the fact that the driver package is not digitally signed, so in this case, it is necessary to activate the test mode or to disable the driver signature enforcement.

dpg

The error quoted in the first image should be due to the fact that the driver package is not digitally signed, so in this case, it is necessary to activate the test mode or to disable the driver signature enforcement.
Please make your signed driver DTS x with DAtmos.
Thanks

@Dj Urko

I was trying to install it and use it for my external 5.1 speakers. I don't if there's another way of installing Dolby Atmos for gaming for the mod because the sound effect was working for me.

I know about editing the XML preset.

Last edited: