• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Processor i7-7700k @ 4.9Ghz
Motherboard Asus Prime Z270-A
Cooling Arctic Freezer 33 eSports DUO
Memory 16GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Asus ROG STRIX GTX1070
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Seagate 2TB SSHD
Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Power Supply Corsair RM750X
Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II
Keyboard Logitech G510
Using DTS via Optical out - getting random POP ever 30 seconds or so... I started using these drivers as the ASUS ones for my board had this pop, these ones did not - now recently they have started popping, I notice the DTS light on my decoder flicks off and back on again when it pops...

have tried a different decoder (my Onkyo in living room) and it still does the same thing, so I know it's not the decoder/receiver

Not noticed any CPU spikes when it happens..
Not even the same game/app - can just be watching a video and get POP, POP, every few seconds.. (as though DTS is cutting and re-starting, so my receiver is loosing DTS signal, then getting it back)

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Using DTS via Optical out - getting random POP ever 30 seconds or so... I started using these drivers as the ASUS ones for my board had this pop, these ones did not - now recently they have started popping, I notice the DTS light on my decoder flicks off and back on again when it pops...

have tried a different decoder (my Onkyo in living room) and it still does the same thing, so I know it's not the decoder/receiver

Not even the same game/app - can just be watching a video and get POP, POP, every few seconds.. (as though DTS is cutting and re-starting, so my receiver is loosing DTS signal, then getting it back)
I think your motherboard might have issues.

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
I think your motherboard might have issues.

Nope, sorry - tried on 2 boards the same too (Prime Z270-A, with 1220A) - tried my friends board with the same 1220A and the same setup, it still does it, it's an issue with the 1220A chip from RealTek - or a driver issue...

as it is at the moment, I just have 'linein' set to "listen to this device" and volume for it set to 1, this is preventing the pops by keeping the audio 'active'

this tells me, it's something the drivers are doing somewhere, some processing hook timing out and restarting or something!

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
ok, it now seems to be popping every 30 seconds even with "listen to this device" ticked, I am noticing today though, add spikes on my CPU , but only up to like 20% max.... Something's not right somewhere...

bidomo

ok, it now seems to be popping every 30 seconds even with "listen to this device" ticked, I am noticing today though, add spikes on my CPU , but only up to like 20% max.... Something's not right somewhere...

Try the Microsoft driver if not using an AV receiver, no pops, no cracks, nothing

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
Try the Microsoft driver if not using an AV receiver, no pops, no cracks, nothing
I am using DTS Encoding - as I use optical out to my receiver.... it only seems to be when DTS is enabled, as using MS standard driver via SPDif doesn't have an issue, and disabling "DTS Connect/DTS Interactive" etc so it's just in standard stereo also does not pop and click!

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Help pls, I do not know what to do .
Give the version of driver installed.
Check via device manager
Search for realtek audio in it and see what version of the driver it shows.

I am using DTS Encoding - as I use optical out to my receiver.... it only seems to be when DTS is enabled, as using MS standard driver via SPDif doesn't have an issue, and disabling "DTS Connect/DTS Interactive" etc so it's just in standard stereo also does not pop and click!
Did you try to bitstream DTS content (e.g. playing DTS encoded movie) on Microsoft driver? If it clicks, there might be more issues. If not, then the problem might be in the modded driver.

solluisfern

Check via device manager

Did you try to bitstream DTS content (e.g. playing DTS encoded movie) on Microsoft driver? If it clicks, there might be more issues. If not, then the problem might be in the modded driver.
i have the version: 6.0.8721.1

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
i have the version: 6.0.8721.1
You are using Finote's driver.
A few posts indicated that you might have issues if you do not have exclusive mode enabled. Check whether it is enabled.

Display(s) 2x HP 23xi
Case Phantex P400S TG
Keyboard Logitech G510
Check via device manager

I'm using the MS driver at the moment (windows default) DTS Encoded material, Dolby Digital material, all work as should, direct from player, and work without pops and clicks - using the MS Driver in stereo (still via SPDIF Optical) works also without pops!

the DTS light stays solid and stable while watching bitstream content, it flicks off briefly when I had the pops (as though it's losing DTS for a fraction of a second)

A lot of the ASUS Z97 and a few generations after that had popping problems. It seems almost exclusively an ASUS issue, with no software or bios or hardware fix. There are ways to get around that, but it costs cpu cycles and the cpu will never be able to achieve the lowest power savings.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
I use 6.10.6504.0 IDT High Definition Audio Codec driver and all programs dont work.
Create your own thread. This thread is for realtek mod usage.
P.s Do not apply the mod on your device;it is incompatible.

mateusz19558

Polish(polski)
Czołem, mam problem z tymi sterownikami gdy mam odznaczone Wyłączenie funkcji zniekształcania mi dźwięku dla zaznaczone to wszystko git tylko, że mi nie działa dolby oraz inne aplikacje.prosze oo pomoc!
English(angielski)
Hi, I have a problem with these drivers, when I uncheck the Disable improvements option the sound distorts.
And when I select these sound enhancements, it's all fine, only that dolby and other applications do not work. ((Tłumacz Google)) Please to Help

Last edited:

He was faced with this problem, and solved it very simply. As it turned out, the reason is not the driver from the respected Alan, and not the motherboard, but a fast download from Microsoft, because it's only they can make the user such a muck. The fact is that for this fast load, all data (including bit streams when encoded in DTS) is stored in Hiberfil.sys when you turn off the PC, and the next time the PC old threads remain in the system and cause a blockage and hinder the passage of the new threads. In short, download the Windows 10 Manager utility, and disable the fast Windows boot (as shown in the picture), and the POP problem will disappear. I have this problem 200% disappeared, I'm testing the sound system for the second day, and not any distortion of the sound was not noticed, and I hope you will help. Good luck.

Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
He was faced with this problem, and solved it very simply. As it turned out, the reason is not the driver from the respected Alan, and not the motherboard, but a fast download from Microsoft, because it's only they can make the user such a muck. The fact is that for this fast load, all data (including bit streams when encoded in DTS) is stored in Hiberfil.sys when you turn off the PC, and the next time the PC old threads remain in the system and cause a blockage and hinder the passage of the new threads. In short, download the Windows 10 Manager utility, and disable the fast Windows boot (as shown in the picture), and the POP problem will disappear. I have this problem 200% disappeared, I'm testing the sound system for the second day, and not any distortion of the sound was not noticed, and I hope you will help. Good luck.
View attachment 128602
fast startup can be disabled via control panel-power options-"choose what the power button do".
restart do not use fast startup.

fast startup can be disabled via control panel-power options-"choose what the power button do".
restart do not use fast startup.
Well I do not know how about the power button (it will help or not), but after reboot Yes, all old streams of DTS disappear and coding goes without glitches. In General, for coding in DTS it is better to restart the PC more often, and in no case do not translate it into hibernate modes.

Who is, and where`s the person that created the exe w/ the kga´s files?; is all we need u to create another new exe. This new exe will contain the kga necessary to mount the Sound Blaster Command, i will give to all the people the library file to mount the console and include this into the Realtek driver libraries once the driver is installed on Windows S.O. Now i have all the executables to install the console (included the latest DDL&DTS versions), the new version of SBCommand (SBCommand v.3.4.25.02) to actualize the console too. BUT, WE NEED a person to create a NEW REALTEK DRIVER MOD!, and probably (and obviously) that person who knows how to create a NEW KGA to this console.

Is everybody in?........... @alanfox2000 and @Alan Finote .
I give you here a proof to everyone that I know what I have, and what I do; Because these are all the kga files that the Sound Blaster Command needs. As you can see, these are included as information in the writing of a library of the SB Comand console controllers. And you DO NOT need anything more than those kga files, a special MOD driver to mount the sound console, and as a last (of course) someone who creates this Realtek MOD driver ........... Because i don't know how to manipulate Realtek XXXX.inf and libraries, the libraries that are necessary to write the data file.inf and other info that the console needs to mount on windows (remember that the Sound Blaster Command is valid from windows 7 to windows 10, for x32 and x64 bits).

ZENks to all,

Mathair!.

System Name NEW AAF OPTIMUS RIG
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 5600X (6C/12T)
Motherboard ASUS TUF Gaming B550M-Plus
Cooling DEEPCOOL Gammax L120T
Memory CRUCIAL Pro Gaming 32GB DDR4-3200 (@3733) (2x16GB)
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB MSI Ventus 2X OC LHR
Storage ADATA Legend 700 PCIe Gen3 x4 256GB; ADATA Legend 800 PCIe Gen4 x4 2TB; GoldenFir SSD 1TB
Display(s) AOC VIPER 27" 165Hz 1ms (27G2SE)
Case DARKFLASH DK100-BK
Audio Device(s) REALTEK S1200A (ALC1200) with AAF Optimus Audio
Power Supply REDRAGON RGPS 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Full Modular
Mouse CLAHM CL-MM386 7200DPI
Keyboard MOTOSPEED CK-108 Mechanical Keyboard
Software Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2
I give you here a proof to everyone that I know what I have, and what I do; Because these are all the kga files that the Sound Blaster Command needs. As you can see, these are included as information in the writing of a library of the SB Comand console controllers. And you DO NOT need anything more than those kga files, a special MOD driver to mount the sound console, and as a last (of course) someone who creates this Realtek MOD driver ........... Because i don't know how to manipulate Realtek XXXX.inf and libraries, the libraries that are necessary to write the data file.inf and other info that the console needs to mount on windows (remember that the Sound Blaster Command is valid from windows 7 to windows 10, for x32 and x64 bits).

ZENks to all,

Mathair!.
I am a volunteer.
I searched here in my Inno Setup Script and found all these cited filenames.
Here is the image of part of my script:

But is there any Creative (.DLL) library ready for Realtek chips that supports this Sound Blaster Command suite?

jonyroda97

Hi Guys!
I can't open Dolby Home Theater, Dolby Atmos for Gaming says that can't get access to the controller, DTS Audio same, Sound Blaster doesn't show anything, dolby atmos doesnt show on spacial sound.
Anything on how to make it work?

v. 6.0.1.8581

Anotação 2019-08-10 073405.jpg

Space Lynx

Astronaut
eeek this thread makes me happy I just use Modi 3 DAC, plug and play and forget.

I am a volunteer.
View attachment 128862

But is there any Creative (.DLL) library ready for Realtek chips that supports this Sound Blaster Command suite?

YES!, there is, exists a library file (.dll) included in the drivers of creative, but you have 2 possibilities to install the Sound blaster Command NOW!, not only one @Alan Finote .

Ok, I explain you a way that I know and that you could try to install this console (SBCommand, or also known as Sound Blaster Connect2). I don't know if you remember Gamespirit (he created drivers back in the 90s, cracking the first creative sound consoles; a great friend of mine this Chilean!), like the renowned SBXFi MB2. In order to have this console installed on windows, he used one of the libraries of the ORIGINAL driver of this MB2 (the file was called "CTMLFxxx.dll", he renamed it as MBMLFx64.dll and added it to the driver realtek as a library more creative in order to install the MB2 console, and so it was).

This console, the Sound blaster command, also has that .dll library, and you can try adding the realtek driver to install the console; It is called CtxMLX64.dll, there is also the CtxMLX32.dll (for x32 and x64 bits both).

Another thing, it is no longer necessary to create another executable to create and install the kga files, because at first I thought there might be some new kga file; as it is not, then the kga already exist ........... therefore we already have those that are needed for the SB Command.

Just in case, better to prevent and use the "most recent / updated" files MBAPO232.dll and MABAPO264.dll, as well as the .sys (GWfilt64.sys and mbfilt64, you will also add the x32 bits ... .. if they are really necessary of course) to create the realtek mod driver; I say this because if the CtxMLX64.dll library does not mount the console, you will still have another option using the creative files that are created for realtek controllers. Have you understood my dear friend?

I have all the folders with the installers of the creative SBCommand console (version 3.4.24.01); also the installer of version 3.4.24.02 (but this one failed to take the folders when I executed the exe file; Windows froze my computer and gave me no option to be able to extract the folders all of this executable!).

I'll upload you in my mediafire in removable 7z, both; the one that has the folders with the executables of version 3.4.24.01, and the one of version 3.4.24.02 as well.

And, I will include another folder (FOR YOU this!), With the driver libraries and also the folders as they are created in windows 10 for the sound blaster command once installed in the s.o.

There you can see, and verify that this console has new folders, and also new configurations for EQ (.json files), which have a different configuration in their writing (if you can open them and see them) to the sound blaster connect2; as well as new configurations for headphones (.cfg files).

All this is more than anything, so that you can know how is this console, the files and folders it has before installing anything on your computer. Then you should look in other folders of the system (once installed on your computer!) To see where other places (folders) have installed more files and folders belonging to this console.

Have you understood all my dear friend?

That is all, anything; You answer me to this post, and we talk ........... Ok ?.

This afternoon I upload everything to my mediafire, and I leave you the links for download. Anything or question, tell me.

A greeting and a hug,

Mathair

I am a volunteer.
View attachment 128862

Ok my friend @Alan Finote , here are the links to my mediafire w/ the 7z files:

Just one thing, PLEASE before you create the realtek MOD Driver, say to me if u are agree, i´m interested on some features and softwares to my pc, i use a Gigabyte motherboard!, Not asus. Then i prefer use/have DDP, Dolby Home theather v4, SoundAlive, DTS softwares (.exe please!), the rest u decide. I don´t use windows apps as cinema 5, dts, or others like this; don´t interest me, but u can add if u want to you and the users of this new SB Command console of course.

Mathair.

I am a volunteer.
View attachment 128862

I have this, is old info about the kga files in older consoles and aplications; but i hope helps u:

ctl34af61r.kga=SI
ctla20rvb5.kga=SI
ctlp22sv21.kga=SI
ctl42sw23m.kga=SI= Delphi
ctld14kli5.kga=SI= Delphi
ctld2jx234.kga=SI= Delphi
ctae90c24a.kga=SI
cta200ff2d.kga=SI
cta30cf234.kga=SI
cth6k23as7.kga=SI
ctle2c3ba1.kga=SI
ctd3spo23g.kga=SI= CreATIve ALchemy
ctt92kd23n.kga=SI
ctt78hsk12.kga=SI
ctd1jxf23a.kga=SI= SB X-Fi MB/OEM License.
ctd5h2w3dk.kga=SI= SB Audigy ADVANCED MB/Rommel License.
ctlt53hurx.kga=SI= Realtek MBAPO32.dll & MBTHX32.dll/X-Fi MB2 License.
ctls2sr4x2.kga=SI
ctlue8xyx2.kga=SI
ctli37cvx2.kga=SI
ctlps4htx2.kga=SI
ctllas4hx2.kga=SI
ctlnbk2hx2.kga=SI
ctlmn34sx2.kga=SI
ctlo3h65x2.kga=SI
ctlxs2q3x2.kga=SI
ctlt9sjdx2.kga=SI
ctltd2h3x2.kga=SI
ctlt02h0x2.kga=SI= THX2 Apollo28 License.
ctlt21h1x2.kga=SI= THX2 Apollo8 License.
ctlt47h9x2.kga=SI= THX2 Apollo18 License.
ctlt11hl3x.kga=SI= Realtek MBAPO32.dll & MBTHX32.dll
ctlt72hl2x.kga=SI= Realtek MBAPO32.dll & MBTHX32.dll
ctlt46hl1x.kga=SI= Realtek MBAPO32.dll & MBTHX32.dll
ctlt99hb0x.kga=SI= Realtek MBAPO32.dll & MBTHX32.dll

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DDL&DTS KGA files:

// DDL:

CTD3SPO23G=YES
CTD5H2W3DK=YES
CTL52C6FE2=YES
CTLE2C3BA1=YES
CTT78HSK12=YES
CTLD2JX234=YES

// DTS:

CTL42SW23M=YES
CTLD14KLI5=YES
CTLP22SV21=YES

SAVE the info 2 u, TAKE NOTE my friend, the files and asociations is a necessary thing to consider always @Alan Finote .