• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I did revert policy back in gpedit

As for:
Go to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery > Advanced startup > click Restart now

This doesnt work for me. All it does it do a normal restart back to windows

I tried the other method that is to hold down Shift key + restart and that also does normal restart.

Thank you trying!

I managed to install the drivers by disabling driver signing by pressing the reset button every time windows tried to boot up until the recovery screen came up.

The drivers were installed exactly the way the video showed (before reboot), but some oddities in that "Audio enhancement Problems" never showed up, and I didnt see Dolby Digital as an option although Dolby Digital Theater 4 was there.

As a work-around after trying this same process 3x, I used APO to add Dolby Digital Theater 4 to my optical out and then it showed Dolby Digital as an optoin.

Unfortunately Nahimic refuses to run. It closes itself upon running almost right away. All 3 installations had the same issue with Nahimic closing itself and refusing to run. As this is a new installation of Windows 10 I dont even have a clue how to fix this.

@ador250 I'm using the the realtek-uad-harman-mod... Not that I'm needing it because I'm driving a coax S/PDiF from my asus p5q pro (ALC1200) to my Denon AVR-X1300W in 5.1.2 speakers setup. However there is good enhancement across the spectrum. I'm using windows 2004 19041.113... Tried OP driver before and everything worked fine but I agree with you on post #2.808
For some reason the custom #3 (AC-3) doesn't work... got a message " format not supported by the device" any ideas ... ???

@ador250 I'm using the the realtek-uad-harman-mod... Not that I'm needing it because I'm driving a coax S/PDiF from my asus p5q pro (ALC1200) to my Denon AVR-X1300W in 5.1.2 speakers setup. However there is good enhancement across the spectrum. I'm using windows 2004 19041.113... Tried OP driver before and everything worked fine but I agree with you on post #2.808
For some reason the custom #3 (AC-3) doesn't work... got a message " format not supported by the device" any ideas ... ???

AC-3 didn't work for me too, I think it only works with HDMI passthrough.

bouvier

DJ Urko
I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread.
I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this awesome audio project you provided. It is exactly what I was looking for. After reading most of the 114 pages of this thread and with all the supporting information everyone posted I was able to get everything working very stable. There were a few issues but I was able to address them.
Bravo to you!!!
Randy

Kronos128

DJ Urko
I don't know if you are still monitoring this thread.
I just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work on this awesome audio project you provided. It is exactly what I was looking for. After reading most of the 114 pages of this thread and with all the supporting information everyone posted I was able to get everything working very stable. There were a few issues but I was able to address them.
Bravo to you!!!
Randy
Did you manage to get dolby atmos working for me only dolby audio or premium is working...

disqo

Hello, is there a step by step guide on how to install? I have seen the document on the one drive page but I am confused. Thanks

starforce2005

May i ask, does this mod's dolby atmos driver also enables "Dolby Atmos for headphone" in spatial sound tab? How come after i installed it, only Windows Sonic availliable?

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

There is new updated Driver Mod to version 8627. In the package are included Dolby PCEE4, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Headphone X, Dolby Atmos for Gaming, Sound Blaster 720 UWP and also Nahimic who optimises Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver. Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF and HDMI.View attachment 116241View attachment 116155

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSzVLpSjYdvkAqrejLView attachment 118581
All in one driver!
rtl02.jpg
rtl03.jpg
rtl04.jpg
rtl05.jpg
rtl06.jpg
rtl07.jpg
rtl08.jpg
rtl09.jpg
rtl10.jpg
rtl13.jpg
rtl14.jpg
rtl11.jpg
rtl12.jpg
rtl17.jpg
rtl18.jpg
rtl16.jpg
rtl15.jpg

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

There is new updated Driver Mod to version 8627. In the package are included Dolby PCEE4, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Headphone X, Dolby Atmos for Gaming, Sound Blaster 720 UWP and also Nahimic who optimises Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver. Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF and HDMI.View attachment 116241View attachment 116155

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSzVLpSjYdvkAqrejLView attachment 118581
My realtek hd audio drivers with enhacers for realtek hd audio & sound blaster x-fi surround pro SPDiF!!!
Thnx Alan Finotty! Great job!!
rtl02.jpg
rtl03.jpg
rtl04.jpg
rtl05.jpg
rtl06.jpg
rtl09.jpg
rtl10.jpg
rtl07.jpg
rtl08.jpg
rtl13.jpg
rtl14.jpg
rtl02.jpg
rtl03.jpg
rtl04.jpg
rtl05.jpg
rtl06.jpg
rtl09.jpg
rtl10.jpg
rtl07.jpg
rtl08.jpg
rtl13.jpg
rtl14.jpg
rtl11.jpg
rtl12.jpg
rtl15.jpg
rtl16.jpg
rtl18.jpg
rtl17.jpg

Guess this does not work for any Realteak, right? I tried it with the onboard audio of my z390 Aorus master and pretty much everything failed to work :)

Last edited:
Hi, This is great! It seems to work except for one thing. My old sony AV supports both dolby digital and DTS Audio. I confirmed this and checked them in the realtek digital output properties/supported formats tab. I also checked 44.1k through 96Khz in the sample rates section after checking all those with the receiver. However, under advanced/default format I only see dolby digital as a choice (which works fine). There is no DTS choice. If I run the DTS app it starts and says "DTS audio processing is bypassed for direct multichannel output". Settings/about works, but no other buttons respond. Is this only for converting DTS to headphones? Why can I not use DTS in addition to dolby in the advanced/default format?

Windows 10, latest release and updates. Asus ROG z390-E gaming.

System Name Dell Inspiron 7375
Processor AMD Ryzen™ 7 2700U Mobile Processor with Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Memory 16GB (total) 2400MHz DDR4 SODIMM
Video Card(s) Radeon™ RX Vega 10 Graphics
Storage SanDisk X600 SATA SSD 512GB
Display(s) BOE NV13FHM
Audio Device(s) Realtek ALC3253 (Dell Labelling) ALC255 (Real name)
Hi, This is great! It seems to work except for one thing. My old sony AV supports both dolby digital and DTS Audio. I confirmed this and checked them in the realtek digital output properties/supported formats tab. I also checked 44.1k through 96Khz in the sample rates section after checking all those with the receiver. However, under advanced/default format I only see dolby digital as a choice (which works fine). There is no DTS choice. If I run the DTS app it starts and says "DTS audio processing is bypassed for direct multichannel output". Settings/about works, but no other buttons respond. Is this only for converting DTS to headphones? Why can I not use DTS in addition to dolby in the advanced/default format?

Windows 10, latest release and updates. Asus ROG z390-E gaming.
That Dolby Digital option is for DDL output. DDL and DTS interactive cannot occur together.

Yes, I know that they cannot work together. However, with this new driver I expected to see two options for the default format to send to the receiver "DD" or "DTS" since the receiver tests positive for both in the sound/digital output/supported formats tab.

Check and see if our receiver is has pcm on or off, and play with that to see if that changes anything then. Also be sure that your receiver can decode the dts signal in its native format. Some receivers will ony do dd or dts, or both, along with dd plus, dts hd and so forth. So what receiver are you using and Ill be happy to check out its specs, and/or its manual to see if there is anything in there that will help you that you may have missed on your own, for a extra set of eyes never hurts :D
Hope this helps.

Thanks Fanboy. Using the windows sound control panel/Realtek Digital Output/Properties panel if I highlight either Dolby Digital or DTS and hit test my Sony STR-835 reports correctly switching to either Dolby or DTS and I hear the correct sounds. This works for any Sample rate from 44.1k to 96k.

BTW, what is the function of the two "dolby" tabs in properties? One says "Dolby Digital Plus" (which my receiver does not do) and one says "Dolby Home Theater v4" . The DD+ makes sound louder by about 3db. The eq and other functions in DHT seem to modify the sound ok, is that just for tweaking?

xfi001.jpg
xfi0010.jpg
xfi0011.jpg
xfi002.jpg
xfi003.jpg
xfi004.jpg
xfi005.jpg
xfi006.jpg
xfi007.jpg
xfi008.jpg
xfi009.jpg
xfi13.jpg
xfi14.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I stripped down all this mods in single effect per mod with latest versions -

or just click the links in my sig.

use the one u need. @pr0dukt

Hello...
You did an update but the installer for the realtek driver is still Driver v6.0.8899.1 (GUI at the TOP & Programs and Features) and NOT v6.0.8918.1 at less for the Nahimic v6.0.8918.1 driver.
I'm using it with Dolby theater 4 as @max_clif did with your help.
There is a Dolby atmos in the driver of @Alan Finote there is an automatic mode in it. Wonder if i can use it insteat the dolby theater 4... any ideas..??
Thanks..

ed..// the driver is fine but after I replace the file HDXRT.inf and the 5 dll's the magic appears.

SharedScreenshot.jpg

Last edited:
Just change the line no. 12 and replace with "DriverVer=03/17/2020, 6.0.8918.1" , now after installing, it will show 8918 version in everywhere. For ur 2nd ques, u simply want nahimic+dolby atmos, right ? @snc.cml

Last edited:
Just change the line no. 12 and replace with "DriverVer=03/17/2020, 6.0.8918.1" , now after installing, it will show 8918 version in everywhere. For ur 2nd ques, u simply want nahimic+dolby atmos, right ? @snc.cml

ok..
Yes I would like to have nahimic+dolby atmos instead of Dolby theater 4
The reason is this dolby atmos in @Alan Finote changes the mod automatic to movies, games, music, etc .... kinda practic...
Thanks