• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

There is new updated Driver Mod to version 8627. In the package are included Dolby PCEE4, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS Headphone X, Dolby Atmos for Gaming, Sound Blaster 720 UWP and also Nahimic who optimises Nvidia HDMI Audio Driver. Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF and HDMI.
Enhancers02.PNG
Settings.PNG

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSzVLpSjYdvkAqrejL
Sound Blaster 720 UWP.PNG

Last edited:
For Those who have SPDIF and HDMI device please Download and install the second archive - Dj Urko - realtek_hda_8090_Dolby_Harman_SRS_PCEE4viaSPDIF&HDMI.zip it provide all effects in the speaker and only dolby home theatre v4 and dolby digital plus over SPDIF and HDMI

System Name Windows 10: Pro Insider x64
Processor i5-3570
Motherboard MSI P67s-C43 B3
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Storage 2x Seagate 1TB 6Gbs 1x SSD 128GB
Display(s) LG 23" FLATRON E2355
Case THERMALTAKE CHASER MK-I
Audio Device(s) Receiver Onkyo Tx-NR 757
Power Supply C3 TECH 750W
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Keyboard A4TECH LED MULTIMEDIA
Hi ladies and gentlemen and enthusiasts of sound,

I am DJUrko. I am providing you my new modification of the brand new version ... of the Realtek HD audio driver. Specially designed for Windows 10 including the new standards SFX, MFX and EFX. The plugins I’ve introduced are: SRS Premium Sound, Dolby Audio X2, Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater and Audio by Harman. In the archive you’ll find installation instructions, see folder Extras. Also you need to disable Secure Boot option in the BIOS. I hope you’ll like it all.

For DTS Connect via SPDIF, you have to replace the original files RltkAPO.dll and RltkAPO64.dll by your modified ones in the folder WIN64. However, you will lose the SRS Premium Sound effect.

I hope that you still have the integrated Dolby Digital Live output via SPDIF, when having installed the Dolby Digital Plus Home Theater at the same time. I would be happy to look with those of you who know about modifying these files, to work together on the integration of effects Sonic Focus and PCEE4 (Dolby Home Theater V4). Because I’ve got problems with those. I think that parameters like EP0 and EP1 are required also.

I hope you’ll be satisfied.

DJUrko Link to Download is https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkGtxiGigudSo2xfdo7zyDlHd-qgView attachment 87336 View attachment 87337 View attachment 87338

Erro :(
Capturar.JPG

Attachments

• Capturar.JPG
    Capturar.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 5,173
Processor i5-3570
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
You can get "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater" ???

So are you uninstall previous version of realtek and Are you enable test mode also ? please or can you copy your soundcard model number with subsys number I will add in the inf. for dolby atmos i need dax3_api_release_x64.msi only this if I have this file I will replace dolby audio x2 par dolby atmos

You can get "Dolby Atmos for Home Theater" ???
1 uninstall old driver after that look in the system32 drivers folder and delete rthdaud.dat if you have file like that but I dont think so...
2 in folder extras it has instruction but its not the same like this archive.
3. read disabling.docx in folder extras disable secure boot option before that. then run test mode dont open any other install shield setups like apps or other.
4 when you enabling test mode via cmd restart your computer as advanced startup go to setings recovery advanced startup then restart. In dialog pres F7 to disable driver signature enforcement
5 when you go to your desktop go to folder extras and install dolby tuning and profile creator do not restart computer after that
6 try to install realtek mod if you cant try via device manager

wait wait I will upload this again because I se something wrong

try to download this again now and do this step by step thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
Will ALC1150 codec work with this mod? I am assuming I need to uninstall old driver and apply new driver?

Processor i5-3570
Cooling Stock
Memory 16GB DDR3 1333mHz
Video Card(s) GTX 680
Mouse THERMALTAKE PHERON
Dj Urko: Work Perfectly in spdif & hdmi :)
Dolby encoder for both (optical, hdmi)
(SRS, Harman) I did not make it
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

yesssssss make and other effects for your speakers

Dj Urko: Work Perfectly in spdif & hdmi :)
Dolby encoder for both (optical, hdmi)
(SRS, Harman) I did not make it
View attachment 87379 View attachment 87380 View attachment 87381 View attachment 87382
show me your realtek sound manager please I want to see your speakers also and spdif device in the sound manager that's important for me and you must have also dolby digital plus via spdif please install full the driver and send a screeshots of all thank you my friend

So For Those who have the Problem with installation Use device manager and let me pick up option then have a disk and browse in the WIN64 folder and select the HDXRT4.inf file to install and please people upload me your screenshots that important for me like that I will fix some bugs in the next build
Capture55.PNG

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Processor Rocket Lake Core i5 11600K @ 5 Ghz with PL tweaks
Motherboard MSI MAG Z490 TOMAHAWK
Cooling Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120SE + 4 Phanteks 140mm case fans
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Video Card(s) Asus Dual RTX 4070 OC
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB M.2 NVME//Crucial MX500 500GB SSD (OS)
Display(s) AOC Q2781PQ 27 inch Ultra Slim 2560 x 1440 IPS
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Windowed - Gunmetal
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek ALC1200/SPDIF to Sony AVR @ 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic CORE GM650w Gold Semi modular
Mouse Coolermaster Storm Octane wired
Keyboard Element Gaming Carbon Mk2 Tournament Mech
Software Win 10 Home x64
OP..... you have posted this already in the main Realtek thread, we also have other specific Windows 10 threads so I am thinking we should merge them together, makes no sense to have several same subject threads.

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB SR) Patriot Viper Steel 4133Mhz DDR4 @ 3600Mhz CL14@1.45v Gear 1
Software Win 10 Home x64
And this one that you have also posted in specifically for Win 10..................

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ve-dts-interactive.228612/page-3#post-3648776
yes its 2 days ago because I dont know how to make a post now I know and this post is specified only for dolby digital live and dolby digital plus working on windows 10 for all computers who have SPDIF and HDMI and specialy dolby digital output not dolby digital live output. I dont want any thanks or trophys just I want some screenshots because I dont have SPDIF device in my computer and my HDMI Device is from NVidia not realtek just I want to make all good for all people

Last edited:

Tatty_Two

Gone Fishing
Software Win 10 Home x64
yes its 2 days ago because I dont know how to make a post now I know and this post is specified only for dolby digital live and dolby digital plus working on windows 10 for all computers who have SPDIF and HDMI and specialy dolby digital output not dolby digital live output. I dont want any thanks or trophys just I want some screenshots because I dont have SPDIF device in my computer and my HDMI Device is from NVidia not realtek just I want to make all good for all people
I understand that, my point is that it is confusing to members and visitors when they see a number of threads, all that mention Realtek and Windows 10, it's just messy.

I understand that, my point is that it is confusing to members and visitors when they see a number of threads, all that mention Realtek and Windows 10, it's just messy.
I am sorry about that but if you watch exactly in these 2 topics is about modification of rltkapo.dll and rltkapo64.dll my topic is about modification of inf file and get dolby digital output with the inf modification not extension dll modification because I hear that Microsoft are stopped support for ddl and dts connect in their windows creators update so I just want with this mod to bring this again

Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
I am sorry about that but if you watch exactly in these 2 topics is about modification of rltkapo.dll and rltkapo64.dll my topic is about modification of inf file and get dolby digital output with the inf modification not extension dll modification because I hear that Microsoft are stopped support for ddl and dts connect in their windows creators update so I just want with this mod to bring this again

MS is trying to fix the DDL/DTS problem in the Win10 CU - either update KB4015583 or KB4016240 should have fixed the problem.

the Sonic Focus effects only worked with very few realtek audio chipsets on few select ASUS machines; some of the APO resource DLL files are outdated.

Last edited:
MS is trying to fix the DDL/DTS problem in the Win10 CU - either update KB4015583 or KB4016240 should have fixed the problem.
maybe why not it will be ok Thank you for the sonic focus also dts effects are like that I have try to integrate dtsaudioservice64.exe but its not possible

Last edited:
you can get dolby atoms for home theater from dolby access app available for windows 10 creator update.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/dolby-access/9n0866fs04w8
I know for that thank you but I talk for dolby dax3 that's dolby atmos that it comes from Lenovo Legion y720 I think that's another program Link to see is http://www3.lenovo.com/us/en/laptop...eries-laptops/Legion-Y720-15IKB/p/88GMY700794

So SRS Premium Sound for speakers and Dolby Digital Output via SPDIF And HDMI with Dolby Home theatre v4 and Dolby Digital plus for some machines are now Fixed just Use The Second Archive I will delete the first thank you all and please send me screenshots. So just uninstall the old and install the fixed Version I hope it will work for all computers Now Dolby digital output is valable also for creators update

what is SRS Premium Sound ? is it better than DTS?

dolby access app suppose have saved all those trouble messing around here but came out only support home theater with HDMI and dolby access only for headphone.

I wish any power users can make mods to simulate dolby atoms from sound blaster or realtek via SPDIF.

Capture88.PNG
what is SRS Premium Sound ? is it better than DTS?

dolby access app suppose have saved all those trouble messing around here but came out only support home theater with HDMI and dolby access only for headphone.

I wish any power users can make mods to simulate dolby atoms from sound blaster or realtek via SPDIF.
Now SRS is a DTS Company that's my second project to push and this effect only diferece is that the dts studio sound is for 5.1 speaker configuration also I think just is new version of srs in the moment I can open only settings panel its to complicated and so much things to deal with. This is called also SRSAPO3GUI For dolby atmos is possible via SPDIF but we need to find an file called dax3_api_release_x64.msi that's the dolby atmos api sdk required to install the app look in my archive folder dax3 and try to install it to see what message will come

Last edited:
Processor AMD Phenom II X4 925
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2
Memory 4 GB DDR3 1333Mhz
Audio Device(s) onboard Realtek ALC892
Power Supply Seasonic S12II 620w (SS-620GB)
Software Windows 10 Education x64 21H2
View attachment 87403
Now SRS is a DTS Company that's my second project to push and this effect only diferece is that the dts studio sound is for 5.1 speaker configuration also I think just is new version of srs in the moment I can open only settings panel its to complicated and so much things to deal with. This is called also SRSAPO3GUI For dolby atmos is possible via SPDIF but we need to find an file called dax3_api_release_x64.msi that's the dolby atmos api sdk required to install the app look in my archive folder dax3 and try to install it to see what message will come

DTS Studio Sound is the DTS version of SRS Premium Sound but with different UI & different advanced controls. it's a completely different animal than the DTS connect & DTS Ultra PC stuff.

as for the XML config file for SRSAPO3GUI (the DTS Audio or DTS Studio Sound control panel app won't work without an XML config file and referenced in the Windows registry; use the presets_00000000_81.xml file and rename it to slconfig.xml and store that XML file into the "C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs\APO" folder). that "presets" XML file is stored inside the Data1.cab file of the "DTS Audio.msi" file - you'll need to use 7zip to extract the necessary Data1.cab and XML files. the other XML config files may not work correctly with the DTS Audio/DTS Studio Sound app. only the presets_00000000.xml (for Win7 & Win8) and presets_00000000_81.xml (for Win8.1 & Win10) files seem to make the DTS Studio sound control panel work okay.

DTS Studio Sound is the DTS version of SRS Premium Sound but with different UI & different advanced controls. it's a completely different animal than the DTS connect & DTS Ultra PC stuff.

as for the XML config file for SRSAPO3GUI (the DTS Audio or DTS Studio Sound control panel app won't work without an XML config file and referenced in the Windows registry; use the presets_00000000_81.xml file and rename it to slconfig.xml and store that XML file into the "C:\ProgramData\SRS Labs\APO" folder). that "presets" XML file is stored inside the Data1.cab file of the "DTS Audio.msi" file - you'll need to use 7zip to extract the necessary Data1.cab and XML files.
that's it thank you my friend but it has also parameters in inf file because I cant open property page slprp64.dll its inpossible also sl3apo.dll has a property page are you know for example the registration of sltech64.dll?

Last edited:
System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
OK I admit I am stupid in audio modifications. Here is my progress:

1. Audio codec, ALC1150 on ASUS MoBo Sabertooth X99. What other information would you need to make it work?
2. I uninstalled the old Realtek driver through deleting the device along with software from device manager.
3. I tried to install the modified driver using the setup executable. It gives me error during installation and the process was aborted automatically.

My question for you is would you mind posting a walkthrough either in text or pictures? From the sounds of it I would need to turn off SecureBoot in UEFI to get this to work.

My wife's old HP laptop had SRS Premium sound and it was pretty awesome outputing to a pair of BOSE speakers. Way better than my ASUS built in software.