1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

OFFICIAL The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Games' started by RCoon, May 18, 2015.

1. jormungand

jormungand

Thanks Received:
    Just arrived, hell yeah!!!! DSC03953cc.jpg [

ViperXTR and bubbleawsome say thanks.
  2. bubbleawsome

bubbleawsome

Thanks Received:
    I think turning up the settings for my new GPU gave drowners extra *uh* jiggly bits

Or maybe I just never noticed

Crunching for Team TPU
  3. lyndonguitar

lyndonguitar I play games

Thanks Received:
    Just finished the game, took me lots of hours and i even kinda rushed it playing with the easiest difficulty(not much time to play)

Awesome game, while I had fun playing the game I would admit that I didn't really relate that much to the story. I was not able to play Witcher 1 and 2, although I tried, while I'm pretty sure both previous games looked great at their time, It just looked old and ugly now(standards have been set), and I also haven't read the books. I tried really, by reading a lot of content and lore from the internet but I still cannot relate that much. especially that there's only Geralt throughout the Books and the games as opposed to playing Dragon Age Inquisition after you have played DAO and DA2, or Skyrim after Oblivion and Morrowind. (Different characters, Stand-alone stories, and original IPs). A lot of times Geralt will recognize someone or the characters will talk about a place previously visited in/from the books/games and I don't really know what the F they are talking about, that's pretty much what I meant when I said I cannot relate much.

anyway after mid-main quest up to the ending things got interesting for me and it got me hooked in for hours a session until I finished it. Got me interested in the books and previous games which I won't be able to play and read but I'll find the time to at least read more about it online. It's sad that I just played my first Witcher story and the whole saga just had to end on me lmao. Got me that empty feeling again after playing which indicates that this is really a good game story wise

bubbleawsome and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  4. FordGT90Concept

FordGT90Concept "I go fast!1!11!1!"

Thanks Received:
    Witcher was built on Neverwinter Nights engine and it was designed for PC and PC alone. It plays very different compared to Witcher 2 and Witcher 3.

In a lot of ways, I think Witcher 2 was better than Witcher 3. Witcher 2 actually climaxed to something meaningful, the story was straight forward and understandable, the plot didn't get lost among open world content, and choices felt like they actually mattered.

Overall, I think Witcher 2 had better combat than Witcher 1 but Witcher 1 was otherwise better. Witcher 3, all of the characters felt like passing acquaintances where Witcher 1 you really felt like you got to know most of the characters you encountered. Witcher 2 only succeeded in the same with Saskia, Iroveth, and Roche.

So, they all have their high points and their low points. I think they're all worth playing through at least once. I'd argue Witcher 2 is worth playing twice because choosing Roche or Iroveth gives a really different prespective on things that carries through to the end of the game. It's also varied enough in gameplay that it's effectively 1.7 games in 1.

Crunching for Team TPU
  5. Vayra86

Vayra86

Thanks Received:
    Couldn't agree more, TW2 was just much more condensed and focused, which is completely logical as its not open world.

6. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    For those TW fan, it seems that Netflix are going to be making a TV series out of it. Thankfully not a film so i have some hope that it will not end up as a Hitman film disappointment which to say the least was way to short.

Keep fingers crossed that it turns out good.

O yeah thank fck it's not another Amazon title YAY!.

P4-630, Rivage, HD64G and 3 others say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  7. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    Story's too big to fit in a movie. TV series is where it's at. Would be awesome to watch!!! , I have only played witcher 3 but read alot of LORE and summaries from the books. If they adapt the book itself I hope this will serve as a 'prequel' to the witcher games.

Me and my girlfriend loves watching netflix series(e.g. Stranger things) and while I was playing Witcher I used to tell her lots of stories about it(shes not a gamer), I guess we'll watch it together and she'll finally know what the hell I was playing is about.

rtwjunkie and HD64G say thanks.
  8. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    Could not agree more but there is a movie coming this year, and by what details that are available i hold no hope at all for it.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-witcher-movie-coming-in-2017-from-the-mummy-pr/1100-6432017/

The game is not totally true to the books, this is what Netflix is aiming for and be true to the original.

10 Year Member at TPU
  9. lyndonguitar

Thanks Received:
    this might confuse a lot of people when there's a movie and also a netflix series from the same adapted material at the same timeframe.
    while the games is not 100% true to the books. the games generally served as the sequel to the witcher books, which I have not read, it would be pretty awesome to finally see those references in Witcher 3(like young Ciri), gallahad, and Geralt's death.

10. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    For me reading the books would spoil it for me personally, ones imagination is very different from another. Just like a forum post can be taken out of context or what ever and so can a book.

Not sure about anyone else ( and don't want to know :p ) but i had a very odd ending in TW3 were there was not real ending and just wake up in a field lol.

And yes it could be taken as Netflix are making the movie and not a TV series too, so lets hope they do enough advertising to make it clear.

10 Year Member at TPU
  11. Frag Maniac

Frag Maniac

Thanks Received:
    I find it funny the creative author of TW is put off by video games when he literally whored out this cannon to pretty much any known type of media it could be adapted to. Movies, Games, TV, Novels. All it started out as is short stories published in a magazine for God's sake. I mean this guy is really full of himself. He's lucky enough just for his basic ideas to evolve into a massive cult following, and it's not like he hasn't cashed in on it every way possible. I really doubt if he gives a damn about quality control either. This is a classic example of selling out to money, only to become jealous of what others have turned it into.

Luka KLLP and AsRock say thanks.
  12. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    I think he just a little butt hurt for selling the IP to one of the best company's around these days.

He truly needs to get over it, could of sold the IP to EA \ UBI and we would not had such a awesome game. Sure he sold the IP to CDR and made less money but CDR did a excellent job which only makes his books look good and not like a Syndicate \ Tom Clancy fu bar.

HD64G and rtwjunkie say thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  13. Luka KLLP

Luka KLLP

Thanks Received:
    It could be amazing :eek:

14. rtwjunkie

rtwjunkie PC Gaming Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
    Plus I dare say the games have caused legions of people to give him more money by buying his books.

HD64G and AsRock say thanks.
  15. AsRock

AsRock TPU addict

Thanks Received:
    And even more when Netflix put it out as they always say, the books always better.

rtwjunkie says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  16. Rivage

Rivage

Thanks Received:
    wow WOW WOW! So COOL. Because... I'm a bit tired to watch Michał Szczerbic's Wiedźmin (TV series) again and again every year. It's awesome Poland made 13 episodes slav communist masterpiece, but when you remember every single scene...

17. Vayra86

Vayra86

Thanks Received:
    If this is not totally fake, this is the announcement of the year.

18. techtard

techtard

Thanks Received:
    My body is ready.

19. Damocles

Damocles

Thanks Received:
    I have a little problem with my game, can someone help me.

So yesterday I finished the mission "wandering in the dark". I fought with a Golem and when I killed it, the game did not add it to my bestiary. Why is that?

Because I also killed foglet and that other dude who looks like a living statue, and they are both in my bestiary.

20. okidna

okidna

Thanks Received:
    The most logical answer is Keira killed the golem, not you (Geralt).

You have to actually kill the monster a.k.a. delivering the last blow to kill the monster in order to add the monster info to your bestiary.

You'll eventually get the bestiary entry, a lot of golem or anything else to be killed alone (withou NPC helping you).

Crunching for Team TPU
  21. Jborg

Jborg

Thanks Received:
    Makes the most sense to me... Was going to say double check to be sure in the Bestiary, but figured he must have already done that if he is posting to the forum.

The Witcher 3 is one of those rare games that's calling me back for a 3rd play through. and eventually its going to happen :)

Damocles and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  22. bubbleawsome

bubbleawsome

Thanks Received:
    I'm trying to 100% the game before restarting, but I might go to a 2nd playthrough first

HD64G and rtwjunkie say thanks.
    Crunching for Team TPU
  23. Damocles

Damocles

Thanks Received:
    Thank you guys for your help. Sounds logical to me. :)

And yes, this game is amazing. :)

AsRock and rtwjunkie say thanks.
  24. Jborg

Jborg

Thanks Received:
    Would recommend playing the New Game + option.

AsRock, bubbleawsome and HD64G say thanks.
  25. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise

Thanks Received:
    I tried getting through Witcher 1 many times and just couldn't. Game controls were horrid, combat was horrid. Witcher 2 was fantastic. Loved it. Witcher 3 is leaps better than 2.

AsRock says thanks.