• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

The WSUS support thread

System Name Custom DIY
Processor Intel i7 2600K @ 4.8 Turbo 1.4v
Motherboard Asus P8Z68-V Pro 8801
Cooling XSPC RS240 + 120mm Rad/fan
Memory Corsair 1866 Vangence 9-10-9-27-2T
Video Card(s) 2X EVGA GTX570 SLI
Storage OCZ Revodrive 110GB + 2x1TB seagate
Display(s) ASUS MT276HE
Case CoolerMaster Sniper
Audio Device(s) X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional Series
Power Supply ANTEC TP-750 Blue 750Watts
Software win7 64
Benchmark Scores http://3dmark.com/3dm11/1347866
I'll see if I can look at my setup later and help you out. :) It should be possible to go into the WSUS configuration panel and change the database that it connects to. I can't remember off the top of my head.

In the meantime, you might want to look at the Microsoft manual that I pointed to in my OP, for a faster resolution.

EDIT: I looked at the WSUS configuration (Options) window, but there doesn't seem to be a way of changing the database connection there. It might be a case of having to reinstall it each time, or doing it a different way. More digging is going to be required. :)

all the digging i did , this is the downside with using MS internal DB you can't manage it , there is a way to do it , with sql express manager 2008 , but since my system could not connect to database it did not solve my problem, "also i was unable to uninstall because uninstall was giving me an error ... LOL"

anyways i remade a copy of my VM and transported it to work again , and now its working.