Editor & Senior Moderator
- Oct 9, 2007
- 34,484 (9.19/day)
- Hyderabad, India
Thermalright Ultra 120 has been one of the most successful high-performance air coolers. The company planned to release a pure-copper version of this cooler. The cooler will indeed hit shelves later this month, but only limited quantities would make it. The company plans to make only 2000 units of these, dismissing earlier reports of 3000. Its price could range between US $100~110. A full list of features has been issued.
- Use high quality copper material for consistent heat absorption and transfer.
- Utilizes six high quality 6mm heatpipes, strategically positioned to pick up the heat from the CPU.
- Proprietary bent winglet design to minimize airflow resistance.
- Heat pipes soldered to base (nickel plated) and fins for optimum heat transfer.
- Stack of 52 pieces of copper fins, the most over any other heatsinks in the market. Can be covered entirely by a 120mm fan to absorb all in-coming air flow.
- Vast compatibility list for multiple multi-core CPUs and platforms.
- Includes both bolt-thru-board retention mechanisms for Intel 775 and AMD AM2 (backplate included for both platforms).
- Includes two sets of fan wire clips for a duo-120mm fan installation (fans not included).
- Includes a new thermal paste called Chill Factor 2 for even better conductivity.
- Dimensions: L133 x W156 x H38 mm
- Weight: 1900 g
- Recommended Fan (120×25mm)