• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake and Mayhems Fighting Over "Pastel" Trademark in the UK

Mayhems

Update from Mayhems Solutions Ltd

Thermaltake recalled all there products and reamed them. This was not what we wanted to be honest as we know the cost would have been high, all we wanted at the end of the day was respect for our brand and our legal rights which would have been cheaper for them to donate to a charity of our choosing (autism). At no point did we want any type of monetary compensation as this is not right (its some thing i do not believe in). In the mean time Thermaltake have also been trying to play dirty with us doing some things behind the scene trying there hardest to get the named pulled and each and every time they have lost. If in court we were told sorry the trade mark is not legal (which i have had a trade mark adjudicator go over in the UK and confirm it is) i would be happy to admit defeat but still hold my head up high. You could call this a win for a little company how ever i feel as though it was not and should never be considered that as such it just our right to defend our hard work.

System Name Dumbass
Processor AMD Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard ASUS TUF gaming B650
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer 2 - 420mm
Memory G.Skill Sniper 32gb DDR5 6000
Video Card(s) GreenTeam 4070 ti super 16gb
Storage Samsung EVO 500gb & 1Tb, 2tb HDD, 500gb WD Black
Display(s) 1x Nixeus NX_EDG27, 2x Dell S2440L (16:9)
Case Phanteks Enthoo Primo w/8 140mm SP Fans
Audio Device(s) onboard (realtek?) - SPKRS:Logitech Z623 200w 2.1
Power Supply Corsair HX1000i
Mouse Steeseries Esports Wireless
Keyboard Corsair K100
Software windows 10 H
Benchmark Scores https://i.imgur.com/aoz3vWY.jpg?2
System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
You can however trademark a common word for a specific use, I.E Apple for a computer company, Orange for a mobile phone network, Time for a computer manufacturer, Dodge for a manufacturer of cars, Focus for a model of car, Yoga for a model of laptop, and Pastel for a line of coloured coolants for use in computers.
But trademarking Pastel for a line of COLOURed coolants, is like trademarking SUV for a line of cars... it is quite different, other brand won't be allowed to make or advertise SUV anymore?
Pastel is part of the description of the product itself, like SUV.
Apple does not describe a part of a computer.
Orange is not the a specific network communication protocol.
Dodge is not a description for a type of car.

I think you are getting the point.

The people who allowed the trademarking of Pastel for a line of Pastel coloured products are retarded.

Last edited: