• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Big Water 745

UnderZero

But

Well I´m not sure about this.
The AN7 has 4 holes I think like the 939 Mobo´s. But could I use the original 745 water block with a holding clip for Socket A from the SE editon or is this water block definitively not made for Socket A. Is there anyone who tried this cooling on Socket A.

Thanks for your patience

Urlyin

I still do pencil mods
UnderZero said:
Well I´m not sure about this.
The AN7 has 4 holes I think like the 939 Mobo´s. But could I use the original 745 water block with a holding clip for Socket A from the SE editon or is this water block definitively not made for Socket A. Is there anyone who tried this cooling on Socket A.

Thanks for your patience

If you read the review you would see how the wb mounts to th mobo .... if you have the holes you should be good ....

Deezus

Little late

Seems I'm a little late to the party here, but I do have a question on this unit.

Has anyone tried to take the smaller rad out of the loop? I would think the smaller 1/4" size would be restricting the flow and since the larger rad is twice as big as the smaller, the performance should still be much better than the small one was by itself.

Thanks!

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Yea 1/4 does restrict the airflow a heck lot, you can actually spend a little bit of money on a new radiator (fitting the tubing), but I have not seen anyone in my whole life make that single rad be any other fitting.

D_o_S

Processor AMD Opteron 144
Motherboard DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert
Cooling Watercooled - Alphacool Nexxxos XP, BIX2, Eheim HPPS
Memory 2x 512MB OCZ PC 3200EL Platinum Rev.2 (TCCD)
Video Card(s) 2x Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra (430/1200)
Storage 4x WD Raptor 740GD in RAID 0
Display(s) Eizo FlexScan L768
Case CM Stacker
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2
Power Supply Silverstone Zeus ST65ZF
drade said:
Yea 1/4 does restrict the airflow a heck lot, you can actually spend a little bit of money on a new radiator (fitting the tubing), but I have not seen anyone in my whole life make that single rad be any other fitting.

Lets get this straight, shall we...

1/4" tubing does not restrict airflow, but water flow ;) Especially the rads that come with the Big water are the coiled tube type, which is the worser of the two options (the better one is parallel tubes, like the Black Ice series).

Water cooling rads use 1/4" threads, but you can use any barb you like, as long as it has that thread... so anywhere from 1/4" to 1/2" are the most common sizes. Rads for cars are made with 1" threads.

System Name Air Cooled Caselabs BH8
Processor Intel Coffee Lake 8700K @ 4.7
Motherboard MSI Gaming M5
Cooling Noctua D15s, 5x 140mm Noctua Chromax, 1x 120mm Noctua Chromax, 2x 80mm Noctua fans
Memory G. Skill Trident Z RGB series 3200mhz
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
Storage Samsung EVO 840 250gb SSD, Samung EVO PRO 256gb SSD, 2 TB WD Black Edition HDD.
Display(s) 24" Asus Gaming ROG 144hz
Case Black Caselabs BH8
Power Supply 850w EVGA SuperNOVA G2 Gold PSU with individually sleeved black cables
Mouse Logitech Wireless G403
Keyboard Corsair Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software Windows 10
Lol ever have it were you think your typing right but your not, thats me!

Thats right thats what I was saaying, get a new one, or you can always change the fittings, this forum has the review of how to do it on the cpu block just about the same as anything else. Im gonna buy sometime a new reservoir and put 1/2 fittings on it may take time but I need to :)

tim105237

Problem with Thermaltake

Just purchased BigWater 745 and two issues: I'd made the CPU H-bracket too tight from the bottom and shorted my Asus motherboard. The soldering leads penetrated the foam insulator and touched the metal H-plate! No power-good signal received from PS.

Secondly large 3/8" tubing is hard to route in a mid-tower Antec case. I have to say the single 12cm radio fits in perfectly. Lessons learned. Got MB replaced and it's working like a champ! CPU temp from 50C downto 32C. overclocked to 3.6GHz using a P4D3.0GHz chip with no problem.

500cc of coolant is not cutting it. I had to add distilled water to even reaching to the "Low" mark ....

Seemed like there's not that many complaint about the installation. It must be the users' fault... Haven't put up a PC for >10yrs! Other than that, love the product and I'd just ordered another Thermaltake BigWater SE for its other P4Socket478 cousin.

macpegg

I`ve also purchased the 745 version. Delivering for monday
The kit and a Thermeltake vga block. £106.00 delivered. im well chuffed.

Iv`e noticed that the water flow is restricted theought the setup, maybe this giving the radiators more time/chance to cool the water? i think this is a good idea myself.

I just hope it will be ok on my Asus M2N32 Mobo.. Damn radiators scare me.. hehe

Thanx

sampleattack

Anybody know how to hook up BigWater 745 on Thermaltake Armor case ?
two fans (radiator ) I think can moount on front , not sure how?
I like ready made thermaltake armor WCS.

Anybody can help? thanx

macpegg

I recieved me kit. The Water block for the CPU does not fit on a AM2 board, so had to use my existing mount. Took me 5 hours to install. The GPU block was also a pain as the under side where the screws where over lapped a resistor, so this wasnt good.

I managed to have the sinlge fan/radiator attached inside the case and have the reservoir inside also. The 2 fan/radiator sits outside the case. Nice little legs for it to sit onto. Aslong as ya have plenty space ofcorse. My Tower weighs that much the bottom shelf crumbled. So had to buy another desk and now sits on the top. I don`t like the analog speed controller being attached to the back. so kinda stuck that to me desk underneath infront. Makes it alot easier to adjust. So i don`t have to move far :rolleyes:

As for temp specs, im well chuffed.

At stock Temp these were around 30c idle - 36c load.
With the water kit its now 22c idle - 27c load

Overclocking to 2.6 from 2.2 reaches temps no higher then 30c

GPU went down from 52c to 41c. But mem chips on the gfx have no heat sinks. so I need to have some kinda cooling on them apart from the intake and the side door fan.
Not happy that the cooling liquid only just passes the min line,I tried to use as little tubing as possible but would have been nice to see it at the max, instead I`ll have to spend another £10 to top up.

now just just need a Harddrive cooler and another VGA water block. Running outa space inside the case though. It will be like spaghetti junction. Its all Money money money. Me wife is already going nuts!

All in all. Im pretty impressed. So im a happy customer :toast:

Last edited:

jms45

Processor C2D E6600 @ 3.3Ghz for now ;)
Motherboard MSI P6N SLI-FI (Tt Extreme Spirit 2 NB cooler)
Cooling ThermalTake Bigwater 745
Memory 2x 1GB GEIL ULTRA PC6400 @ 4-4-4-12
Video Card(s) nVidia 8800GTS 620 GPU / 900 RAM
Storage 2x 80gb Western Digital Caviar SE - raid 0
Display(s) 19" TFT
Case Antec 900 Gaming case
Audio Device(s) X-FI Extreme Music
Power Supply Hiper Type R 580w
Software XP pro and X64 edition
I recieved me kit. The Water block for the CPU does not fit on a AM2 board, so had to use my existing mount. Took me 5 hours to install. The GPU block was also a pain as the under side where the screws where over lapped a resistor, so this wasnt good.

I managed to have the sinlge fan/radiator attached inside the case and have the reservoir inside also. The 2 fan/radiator sits outside the case. Nice little legs for it to sit onto. Aslong as ya have plenty space ofcorse. My Tower weighs that much the bottom shelf crumbled. So had to buy another desk and now sits on the top. I don`t like the analog speed controller being attached to the back. so kinda stuck that to me desk underneath infront. Makes it alot easier to adjust. So i don`t have to move far :rolleyes:

As for temp specs, im well chuffed.

At stock Temp these were around 30c idle - 36c load.
With the water kit its now 22c idle - 27c load

Overclocking to 2.6 from 2.2 reaches temps no higher then 30c

GPU went down from 52c to 41c. But mem chips on the gfx have no heat sinks. so I need to have some kinda cooling on them apart from the intake and the side door fan.
Not happy that the cooling liquid only just passes the min line,I tried to use as little tubing as possible but would have been nice to see it at the max, instead I`ll have to spend another £10 to top up.

now just just need a Harddrive cooler and another VGA water block. Running outa space inside the case though. It will be like spaghetti junction. Its all Money money money. Me wife is already going nuts!

All in all. Im pretty impressed. So im a happy customer :toast:
hey macpegg Could you possibly tell me how you went about fixing your waterblock to your am2 mobo as i also have the Tt Bigwater and am2 motherboard but dont have the am2 H plate which strangely can only be found on australian web shop's as the AM2 clip for bigwater cooling system

www.mittoni.com.au is one site that stock's them but not having a credit card is a bit of a problem for buying one from there lol.

so i am hoping i can maybe do as you have and use my existing bracket somehow so do tell please m8.

thanks.

Clocked

System Name Evil Eye POS
Processor Intell Q6600 G0 @ 3.6Ghz
Motherboard EVGA 680i
Cooling DangerDen/SwiftTech water cooling
Memory 4GB OCZ SLI 800mhz @ 1260mhz
Video Card(s) 8800GTX x 2
Storage WD Raptor74GB in RAID/ 160GB Maxtor/ 80GB WD
Display(s) Samsung 740n 17"
Case SunBeam Evil Eye
Audio Device(s) Onboard POS
Power Supply PC Power n Cooling 1000W
Software XP Home/Vista Pro
Hey guys... does anyone know what the size of the tubeing is? is it 3/8OD and 1/4ID?