• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus User Review

Athlon2K15

HyperVtX™
Processor Intel Core i9 11900K
Motherboard MSI Z590 Carbon EK X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Team DDR4 4000MHz
Video Card(s) ASUS TUF RTX 3080 OC
Storage WD WN850 1TB
Display(s) 43" LG NanoCell 4K 120Hz
Power Supply Asus Thor 1200w
Mouse Asus Strix Evolve
Keyboard Asus Strix Claymore

Recently acquired the new Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus

Somewhat new packaging. If you have ever seen the old big water kits and the packaging they come in you can clearly see that this is an upgrade of sorts.

If anyone has ever used one of these dual bay designed water-cooling setup's from Thermaltake they can see that for the most part the front of the unit looks the same,The only difference is the added fan control on the front over the old PCI slot style +1 in my book.

The basic dual bay design really hasnt changed too much on the outside. Reading off the packaging it does sound like Thermaltake has swapped out radiators for a more standard radiator type,over the old heater core with a shroud look. still the same fan grille - the logo on mine :( .You may also notice the reservoir has a little water in it,This picture was taken before I ever set the loop up,which tells me these units are pre tested. + 1

The pump appears to be the same P500 500L/hr pump which has been in the Big Water kits for a few years now.The reservoir is a shrunken down version of what you get in the Big Water 745 and other "full size kits" with the addition of a water level indicator that is visible on the front panel.I noticed that Thermaltake has done away with the quick tubing connectors they used in the older model's and that comes to me as a shock because those were one of the reasons I enjoyed the older models. + 1/2

Tubing. Looks the same,feels the same but it is NOT the same. Thermaltake has went from the old vinyl type tubing to this more tygon feeling tubing. It stretches better than the older stuff and I was even able to pull it over a pair of 1/2 inch barbs, pretty impressive +1

Hardware kit. completely new design here. No longer do we have loose nuts and bolts crappy H bars and everything else rolling around inside the box, Thermaltake has taken a more "clean" approach and packed everything away nice and tight in a foam box with plastic cover. +2

Once again new design, This is starting to look good. No more crappy clear acrylic tops that crack so easily.This appears to be some sort of acetal top with a nickel plated copper base.

Test setup..err well my sort of test is strap the cooler on and see how far you can clock your chip!

Results. Nothing to insane ambients were controlled pretty tight 15c. I was able to push to 4.6 and i even had 4.8 into windows for a slight second. I wouldnt say that it was necessarily the cooler as my skill as an overclocker is fail compared to some others here.

Overall as you can see this cooler is space saving, If you have the extra bays and want something simple and easy to hook up this could very well be your match. I would recommend something like this over a Corsair H series any day of the week.

Last edited:

JustaTinkerer

System Name Just need to tidy it up now
Processor FX-8120
Motherboard Asus M5A99X EVO 990X
Cooling Custom Water
Memory Corsair Vengeance 8GB
Video Card(s) BFG GTX 280 H2OC
Storage OCZ ocz vertex plus(60GB), 2TB hdd
Display(s) 1x ACER x19ws ( need new one)
Case Custom
Power Supply (GOT) OCZ GameXStream 1010 Watt
Software LOL
Benchmark Scores Soon, very very soon, just need to tidy it up.
I started my water cooling with a 745 kit, it was cheap and in my case cheerful.

"I would recommend something like this over a Corsair H series any day of the week."

I couldn't have been happier to see TT kits coming on leaps and bounds.