• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throtlestop FIVR settings REMAINS after reboot w/o running TS. Why?

After some specific UV FIVR settings w/ TS, I decided I wanted to give XTU a try. I renamed the TS ini file, rebooted the computer and TS is not set to autostart. To my surprise, as confirmed by HWINFO and XTU, the UV settings (core, cache, etc.) are still undervolted as I have previously set them in TS before the reboot. Again, TS is not running, it's after a reboot, and the ini file is gone. I rebooted several times, still the same. How could this be?

Btw, this is a 9750H with UV unlocked, but XTU UV options are grayed out. TS works fine.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
@snovvman - It is up to the BIOS to reset the voltage control register. Some computers do not do this properly.

The next time you select Restart in the Windows menu, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard at the same time. This tells Windows to do a full reboot. This is supposed to reset any voltages that you have set in ThrottleStop.

@snovvman - It is up to the BIOS to reset the voltage control register. Some computers do not do this properly.

The next time you select Restart in the Windows menu, hold the Shift key down on the keyboard at the same time. This tells Windows to do a full reboot. This is supposed to reset any voltages that you have set in ThrottleStop.

@unclewebb Thanks very much for the quick reply. As it turns out, a cold boot resolved the issue, which aligns with your explanation. I also appreciate the shift+restart tip.