• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop 9.0 Clock Speed Readout is gone?

Well, I managed to finally turn core isolation on in Windows 10 and noticed that clock speed readout on Throttlestop is suddenly gone?
TS9.0.JPG

I am not entirely sure if this is just me or anyone else is experiencing this.
Also, after sometime of use, the new version of TS goes semi-blank and exhibits strange behavior in taskbar, such as doubling itself and superimposing windows button.
I am not sure if this is just a bug or something on my end has to change.
I would much appreciate some help.

Last edited:
It worked correctly prior to core isolation as far as I know.
However, misbehavior in taskbar was present prior.
Thanks for the prompt reply and look forward to the update. :)

Low quality post by ereko
Im 100% sure that is not throttlestop problem. I have tested all these and have same cpu. And Im using win10 ltsc.

But just saying if youre not idiot, these dont help you. If somebody really want to hack you its just shit. :) My advice is disable everything and block bios updates before more is coming.

Attachments

• xx.JPG
    xx.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 225
Last edited:
Low quality post by gr8john6
Im 100% sure that is not throttlestop problem. I have tested all these and have same cpu. And Im using win10 ltsc.

But just saying if youre not idiot, these dont help you. If somebody really want to hack you its just shit. :) My advice is disable everything and block bios updates before more is coming.

Not entirely sure what it is that you are getting at. My problem only manifested after core isolation feature getting turned on and Unclewebb has already indicated that fix is coming.
Yes I know about latest intel BIOS locking out UV. Aside from trying to educate me on all CPU related vulnerabilities, do you have a fix for this?

Not entirely sure what it is that you are getting at. My problem only manifested after core isolation feature getting turned on and Unclewebb has already indicated that fix is coming.
Yes I know about latest intel BIOS locking out UV. Aside from trying to educate me on all CPU related vulnerabilities, do you have a fix for this?
You might be right, sorry for disinformation maybe. Can you take a pic from your device manager and task manager where it shows performance?

I am again not sure what device manager and task manager have to do with the said problem reported. Can you explain what it is you are looking for? Both of those would be a quite the list even if I decided to share them with you for some unknown reason.

I am again not sure what device manager and task manager have to do with the said problem reported. Can you explain what it is you are looking for? Both of those would be a quite the list even if I decided to share them with you for some unknown reason.
How task manager shows your cpu?

Post this.

Your post is showing that youre using battery and dont have chosen gpu. And youre trying to be smart here.

And for me its working with isolation or not. You are the one who are asking help.

Attachments

• gg.JPG
    gg.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Well, I have already got my answer from the developer and not entirely sure what in the dickens you are even talking about so appreciate your attention to the matter but I would like to decline your help on this matter.

Malcono

Core Isolation can block ThrottleStop's access to some of your CPU's registers. Is the MHz reported correctly when Core Isolation is disabled?

This is a known bug. ThrottleStop 9.1 is almost done.

I am having the same exact MHZ report issue and I disabled core isolation.

Attachments

• Tstop.png
    Tstop.png
    62.4 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
The 0.000 MHz bug in ThrottleStop is usually caused by the core isolation setting. It can also be caused by an antivirus type program. If ThrottleStop is running in a VM or in a sandbox, it might not have direct access to the timers and CPU registers that it uses to calculate the BCLK MHz.

Sometimes when users think they have disabled core isolation in Windows, it is not really disabled. Double check this registry key.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Make sure the Enabled key is set to 0, exit regedit and reboot.

I now have access to a desktop computer with the MHz bug when core isolation is enabled. My plan is to try and come up with a Plan B for MHz calculation when ThrottleStop is being blocked like this.

Edit - I solved the problem. The Core isolation feature was blocking one of the registers that ThrottleStop uses to measure time. I was able to switch ThrottleStop to a different timer so now there are no more problems whether core isolation is enabled or disabled. No more 0.000 MHz. ThrottleStop 9.1 should be ready later this week.

Question for Microsoft. How does blocking software from accessing a read only counter make Windows safer? Answer: It doesn't. Malicious software cannot write to this register because it is a read only register. A counter that increments at exactly 24.0 MHz is very useful for any software that needs to be able to precisely measure elapsed time. This unmolested timer worked wonderful when calculating the BCLK. Thanks for saving the world.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick fix. It's not just MS, Intel for making security challenged product for one and OEMs for rolling out BIOs that disable UV without warnings...
I am getting a Ryzen PC next time.

Malcono

Sometimes when users think they have disabled core isolation in Windows, it is not really disabled. Double check this registry key.

Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrity

Make sure the Enabled key is set to 0, exit regedit and reboot.

Yea it was set to 0.
That's how I turned it off in the first place.

But I'm guessing your fix should fix this issue anyway?
Looking forward to 9.1
Thanks @unclewebb