• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop 9.4

MorePower999

Hi guys can anyone help me how to remove this error thanks
Immagine 2022-06-24 121301.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Are you in an account with Administrator privileges or are you in a limited account? Unzip the folder and try right clicking on ThrottleStop.exe and select the Run as administrator option.

Your error is not a common one. What antivirus program are you using? It could be blocking ThrottleStop from installing the necessary driver.

@MorePower999 it's just a guess here but from what i remember,TS places a xxxx.sys file permanetly or on startup(depends) in your system TEMP folder. So in scenarios where the TEMP folder is moved to a different location,like another HDD/USB drive or RAM Drive and the system is not aware,TS would not be aware either. Therefore if TS can not find or create that file on startup it will simply fail to start and throw an error.

MorePower999

ziowebb I am now using default Windows Defender but I don't think that's the problem the problem does it to me when I run it ThrottleStop 9.4 more than 100 times it gives me this error

@MorePower999 it's just a guess here but from what i remember,TS places a xxxx.sys file permanetly or on startup(depends) in your system TEMP folder. So in scenarios where the TEMP folder is moved to a different location,like another HDD/USB drive or RAM Drive and the system is not aware,TS would not be aware either. Therefore if TS can not find or create that file on startup it will simply fail to start and throw an error.
dnm_TX anyway it does it to me even with the beta in my opinion it is a problem with the software ThrottleStop 9.4/9.4.6 beta in my opinion they need to revise better all the software

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
when I run it ThrottleStop 9.4 more than 100 times
You might have a program installed on your computer that is preventing the driver from working correctly. Are you using Malwarebytes or any similar anti-spyware software?

Almost 1,000,000 people have downloaded ThrottleStop 9.4 since it was released last year. ThrottleStop has been using the same driver for more than two years. The ThrottleStop driver seems to be working very well for most users.

Thank you for reporting this problem. I will continue to monitor the forums to see if more users are having the same problem. Maybe something in Windows Defender has changed recently. I use Windows Defender but so far I have not had any problems running ThrottleStop on any of my computers.