• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop and undervoltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

argiris34

Hi all and a happy and better New Year
I have been using throttlestop for over a year to underclock and under voltage an old laptop i have since i have upgraded its cpu and the default cooler couldnt handle the excess thermal load,
up until the last update i could set the VID to 0.9 and i had excellent results both on the performance and temperature fronts but since upgrading to version 8.70.2 altough
i set the VID to 0.9 the results window shows VID 1.000 and as a result i have higher temps and noise from the fun, my question is this is there a setting that limits the range of VID settings? and if yes can i change it back to at least 0.9? my laptop is an acer aspire with a core 2 duo T9600 cpu, geforce 240m gt gpu and 8gb of ram
iam attaching a screenshot of throttlestop

Thank you all for your help

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 1,372

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
For the Voltage ID adjustment to work correctly in ThrottleStop, make sure you are using the Windows High Performance power profile with the Minimum processor state set to 100%.

If this worked correctly in a previous version of ThrottleStop, download ThrottleStop 8.60 from TechPowerUp which also includes ThrottleStop 8.50 in that download. None of these recent versions expire.

When you upgraded your CPU, did you delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file? If you do not do this, some voltage settings that applied to your old CPU might not apply to the new CPU. Every CPU has a unique voltage table. Voltages less than 1.000 might only be possible when the T9600 is running at its lowest speed.

argiris34

hi thanks for your responce,
i wasnt using throttlestop before the cpu upgrade, before the last update everything worked fine, i will try to downgrade throttlestop and report the results.
thanks again
Argiris

argiris34

Ok i have downgraded throttlestop to vs 8.50 i even used the dlls from 8.60 but nothing changed still min vid is 1.00 even if i set it to 0.9 any ideas would be much appricieted

unclewebb

Are you using the Windows high performance power profile with the Minimum processor state set to 100%?

argiris34

thanks for your reply
on ac yes it was set to 5 % for battery power but i never use it on battery never the less i set them all to 100% and see what happens

unclewebb

If that does not work, try using one of the older TS versions. There should be a SLFM option right below the Voltage ID adjuster. SLFM might need to be checked so you can access voltages under 1.000. It has been years since I had a Core 2 Duo laptop for testing purposes so what used to work might not be working correctly anymore on TS 8.70.

Status
Not open for further replies.