• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ThrottleStop and undervolting - thermal throttling questions

Thanks for the update. A warning message is a good idea. I never use WSL2 so I kind of forgot about this issue.
Anytime boss.

So, apparently WSL2 was not the only thing giving me issues. I found an old post where you outlined DPTF, and uninstalling that driver and applying some registry keys to prevent Windows from installing it again I was back to the performance I've gotten used to.

For anyone interested in the "fix", these are the instructions I followed: https://bradshacks.com/disable-dptf/

So.. I've ran in to this problem again where the undervolt is not applying. The FIVR is not locked, and I'm not sure what I've installed recently to break things. I don't have WSL(1/2) installed..
Not sure how to start troubleshooting this. Any help is recommended! :)

@unclewebb I oblige. I just set some values, after removing all of my old settings. Just wanted to start from scratch.

1662675182326.png

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Windows 11 is blocking ThrottleStop from reading and writing to the voltage control register. Make sure all of the various Windows 11 virtualization features are turned off including core isolation memory integrity. Post a screenshot of Windows Features if you need help.

Windows 11 is blocking ThrottleStop from reading and writing to the voltage control register. Make sure all of the various Windows 11 virtualization features are turned off including core isolation memory integrity. Post a screenshot of Windows Features if you need help.

Here's a list of my windows features. (EDIT): Oh nvm. VBS was running!

(EDIT 2): Yeah, that did it. Not in a million years would I have figured that out. Thank you!

1662676554863.png

Last edited:

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
It is always a good idea that after you get all of the virtualization stuff turned off that you delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file, reboot, and start with a clean slate.