• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop closed after A/C turned off

nikkynine

Hello everyone here!
I've tried to find the solving of my issue, but can't. That's why I decided to create the new topic.

I use ThrottleStop 9.4 for my Lenovo L340-17IRH Gaming Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81LL.
It has Intel Core i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz onboard, 16 Gb of Ram and nVidia GeForce GTX 1650 for video.
I have a SSD, a lot of (over 50 Gb) of free space on my system partition, but I can't understand the problem.
When I use my laptop while it connected with AC adapter, everything works perfectly.
But when I turn the power adapter off, ThrottleStop shutted down. It happens after I finished my playing the game.
I close the game, after 20-30 seconds I turned off AC adapter from the plug, and ThrottleStop closing!
It dissapeares from the tray and from process manager.
If I run the app again, it launchs fine and I can continue my using the laptop.
I've already searched the answer via google, via microsoft support section at it's own website, checked power management settings, Schedule manager (with deactivated option "start the app only if power adapter enabled"). Everything cleared.
No task killer installed.
A lot of free disk space (for swap Windows file). Swap setiings are "by choosing the operation system".
I've test this situation with enabled or disabled autoswitch profile option (at ThrottleStop) - it doesn't matter: app closed after AC adapter disconnected.

I very like this tool!
A huge job was done while creating this app! It's very useful! A lot of wonderful options combined into one tool!
But I can't solve my little, but very annoying problem!
Guys, if you have any ideas, what I do wrong, please, share your experience!
Big thanks!

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
If you are using the Task Scheduler to start ThrottleStop, compare your settings to the pictures in this post.

The Task Scheduler will force ThrottleStop to exit if it is not setup correctly. If you see any boxes with gray check marks, you need to clear these boxes. Compare your Task Scheduler settings to the pictures in that post.

nikkynine

I'm very appreciate it! I've configured the Task Scheduler like the post below! I'm gonna check this! I'll write about my experience after all! Thank you, bro!!!