• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop freezes computer.

m0rse

I downloaded throttlestop to fix the BD PROCHOT issue that poped up after switching cases. I'm pretty sure I messed up some sensor on the board. Whenever I toggle off the prochot box my PC will be fine for a minute and then completely freezes. Before this the winring thing wouldn't load. Is there any fix for this?

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
What CPU model do you have?

I would exit ThrottleStop, delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file and try again. Simply checking or clearing the BD PROCHOT box should not cause a computer to freeze.

What did you do to your board? Did you short something out or damage a wire on the board?

Before this the winring thing wouldn't load.
The WinRing0 driver must be working now because ThrottleStop would not start if this was not working.

m0rse

I have no idea what I did to the board. All I know is that the prochot was triggered and now I'm throttled. I think I might have massed something up when lining up the screw holes.

Apparently, it was the .ini file. I deleted it and then unchecked the box and everything works fine now. Thanks for the help.