• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop issues

Using 8.50, for some reason, throttle stop no longer minimizes to the notification area when closed via the X button. I have already cleaned the notification area cache and throttle stop is set to "Show icons and notifications". How do i get it to minimize to the notification area when closed via the X button?

Another issue is the way the BD PROC HOT toggle in throttlestop works. Unfortunately, all it does is turn BD PROC HOT off...so the throttling still occurs, even for a split second. When the CPU gets throttled this way, my GPU gets throttled due to "power" reasons (because the CPU is at 100% throttling due to BD PROC HOT). When throttle stop turns BD PROC HOT off and my CPU goes back to normal, the GPU still gets stuck at throttled clock speeds.

Is there any chance that throttlestop can just disable BD PROC HOT entirely? Unfortunately, that option is not available in my BIOS or any custom BIOS that I can find.

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
Using 8.50, for some reason, throttle stop no longer minimizes to the notification area when closed via the X button.
In the ThrottleStop Options window is Notification Area Icon checked and is Close on Minimize checked? This still works correctly on my computer.

When BD PROCHOT is turned off there are still other types of throttling that can occur. You didn't post any screenshots so I have no idea what CPU you are talking about. Does Limit Reasons work on your CPU? It might show why your CPU is throttling when BD PROCHOT is not checked.

It sounds like you have a low powered CPU. Intel did not design these things so they can run at full speed indefinitely.

irene11

Using 8.50, for some reason, throttle stop no longer minimizes to the notification area when closed via the X button

Same Probleme with 8.50
Windows 10 Enterprise LTSB 2016 (x64) Build 14393.1770
Notification Area Icon checked and Close on Minimize checked
Notification Area Cleaner.bat used but no change

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
What happens to ThrottleStop when you click on the Minimize gadget? Make sure Task Bar is not checked on the main screen.