• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Throttlestop - stays while windows closing

shogel

Hi. Could anyone help wme with the problem. Having previous version of throttlestop made no problem. Closing windows was without any problems. After installing the new version of throttlestop , while closing windows it says "a program is still working: Throttlestop - monitoring" . I have to click "force close". Can I fix it somehow? I returned to previous version because of this.Thx

unclewebb

ThrottleStop & RealTemp Author
What version of Windows are you using? I have seen this problem before on one of my computers at home but then after some Windows updates this problem went away. I am on my laptop that is running Windows 10 - Version 1809 Build 17763.557 and ThrottleStop always closes without any issues during a reboot.

In the Options screen, did you check the Minimize on Close feature? I have this checked but try rebooting without checking this option. Your problem might be related to that.

shogel

Windows 10 (updated). ThrottleStop 8.70 doesnt close despite having the option "minimize on close" unticked. It doesnt matter what is set. I have to manualy close it for windows 10 to close
Throttlestop 8.50 closes without any issues. Any ideas?

unclewebb

What version and build number of Windows 10? Is your boot drive an SSD or is it a mechanical hard drive? What antivirus program are you using? What CPU do you have? Are you using the Task Scheduler to start ThrottleStop?

As I mentioned, I am not sure what causes this problem. The "Minimize on Close" feature was my best wild guess. I have seen this problem before but after some Windows updates, the problem disappeared. I cannot remember what version of Windows 10 or what update fixed the problem. The last time I had a problem was probably a year ago.

Last edited:

shogel

windows home 1803 (17134.885) . I boot with SSD. Emsisoft Anti Malware. i7-7700hq. I am using task scheduler. Strangest is, that two versions - one is closing ok, second not. With the same conditions.

unclewebb

I think this used to happen to me on my desktop computer which uses Windows 10 1803. It has not been updated in a long time. I will try doing some testing on that later tonight. I am mostly just curious. I do not think I will be able to come up with a solution for this problem.

My laptop with Windows 10 1809 shuts down without any issues.

Did you follow the Task Scheduler guide when setting up your task?