• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Tianshu Zhixin Big Island GPU is a 37 TeraFLOP FP32 Computing Monster

I'm confused. The Chinese are saying that Taiwan is theirs and yet Taiwan semi conductor makes chips for them? I guess money is the king of the world not just in our crap country. Sad. People don't realize how much of a threat they are. It's nice to know they stole enough technology to do this though. We'll all be speaking Chinese sometime this century if the world doesn't wake up. Their thug genocidal government pisses me off. I feel bad for the Chinese people.

System Name Skypas
Processor Intel Core i7-6700
Motherboard Asus H170 Pro Gaming
Cooling Cooler Master Hyper 212X Turbo
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X 6GB
Storage Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB + WD Blue 1TB
Display(s) LG 22EA63V
Case Corsair Carbide 400Q
Power Supply Seasonic SS-460FL2 w/ Deepcool XFan 120
Mouse Logitech B100
Keyboard Corsair Vengeance K70
Software Windows 10 Pro (to be replaced by 2025)
More money in "pro" sphere with GPU than in market for gamers. Even more in mining.
Agree, but also entering consumer market is even more money, not to mention the PR value it adds to their reputation.

I'm confused. The Chinese are saying that Taiwan is theirs and yet Taiwan semi conductor makes chips for them? I guess money is the king of the world not just in our crap country. Sad. People don't realize how much of a threat they are. It's nice to know they stole enough technology to do this though. We'll all be speaking Chinese sometime this century if the world doesn't wake up. Their thug genocidal government pisses me off. I feel bad for the Chinese people.
Yes, money is king. Yes, Chinese GOVERNMENT is a threat. No, we won't be speaking Chinese anytime soon if not ever, their language is among the hardest to learn.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 TOMAHAWK
Cooling AMD Wraith Prism
Memory Team Group Dark Pro 8Pack Edition 3600Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 FE
Storage Kingston A2000 1TB + Seagate HDD workhorse
Display(s) Samsung 50" QN94A Neo QLED
Case Antec 1200
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-850
Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma
Keyboard Logitech UltraX
Software Windows 11

Let's hope they don't annex Taiwan just yet, but I'm sure it's on the cards.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
System Name My Addiction
Processor AMD Ryzen 7950X3D
Motherboard ASRock B650E PG-ITX WiFi
Cooling Alphacool Core Ocean T38 AIO 240mm
Memory G.Skill 32GB 6000MHz
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XTX
Storage Some SSDs
Display(s) 42" Samsung TV + 22" Dell monitor vertically
Case Lian Li A4-H2O
Audio Device(s) Denon + Bose
Power Supply Corsair SF750
Mouse Logitech
Keyboard Glorious
VR HMD None
Software Win 10
Benchmark Scores None taken
Let's hope they don't annex Taiwan just yet, but I'm sure it's on the cards.

It's more likely on the tracks tah the cards.

China will -or at least try to- annex Taiwan. It is just a matter if time. All the efforts to became less dependent on the US and it's allies are to shake down the economic stranglehold. That's why China is trying to tie itself to Russia and India. Big enough markets to balance whatever embargos America throws at them.

This will be a long and ugly dance though...

D

Deleted member 205776

Can we not have this thread degrade into blatant sinophobia and unnecessary political talk whenever anything Chinese is mentioned? Seriously, it's getting pathetic, and lots of tech forums are doing this. How about we be different, and talk about the product at hand instead while keeping your political opinions to yourselves? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we not have this thread degrade into blatant sinophobia and unnecessary political talk whenever anything Chinese is mentioned? Seriously, it's getting pathetic, and lots of tech forums are doing this. How about we be different, and talk about the product at hand instead while keeping your political opinions to yourselves? Thanks.

Short answer? No.

Longer answer? It depends how long will China behave like it does. Currently, there is absolutely no reason to like them even a bit. Its same as hatred towards other group of people, its not "phobia" when it has some merit. People love to sugarcoat it or just accuse others from being non-tolerant or something "phobic".

Currently, China IS the enemy. Accusing someone of sinophobia when it comes to Taiwan or Hongkong is same as accusing someone of teutophobia when it comes to Nazis.

They about as good guys as Islamic state, maybe China is lesser evil, but evil still.

D

Deleted member 205776

Short answer? No.

Longer answer? It depends how long will China behave like it does. Currently, there is absolutely no reason to like them even a bit. Its same as hatred towards other group of people, its not "phobia" when it has some merit. People love to sugarcoat it or just accuse others from being non-tolerant or something "phobic".

Currently, China IS the enemy. Accusing someone of sinophobia when it comes to Taiwan or Hongkong is same as accusing someone of teutophobia when it comes to Nazis.

They about as good guys as Islamic state.
Ok, but tell me, what does this have to do with a tech forum? This is not a political forum to discuss what China is and isn't doing. Keep it to yourself.

When I see an article like this and want to head over to the discussion section, I expect discussions about the product itself not how the countries' government is the spawn of satan. And believe me, the people here with the usual sentiments towards China also share a bit, if not a lot of hatred for Chinese people, not just the government, seen it way too much for it to not be the case. My point about sinophobia remains.

We don't need none of that here. Not trying to backseat mod. Just plain tired of the seeing the same crap over and over again.

This is my last comment on the matter, I have said what needed to be said. Unwatching this thread as it'll devolve into chaos regardless...

Shame that you are no longer following this thread Alexa.

What do we know about this product except for what is in this snippet of news.

What is the architecture lineage, what is the software base, does this have any graphics potential at all or is it a pure number cruncher, are there other products in the family or is this a one off, is this built for a specific supercomputer, will this be released to the general public, will the software base they are using be released to the general public, is the software base open or closed source.?

There is much we do not know.

D

Deleted member 205776

Shame that you are no longer following this thread Alexa.

What do we know about this product except for what is in this snippet of news.

What is the architecture lineage, what is the software base, does this have any graphics potential at all or is it a pure number cruncher, are there other products in the family or is this a one off, is this built for a specific supercomputer, will this be released to the general public, will the software base they are using be released to the general public, is the software base open or closed source.?

There is much we do not know.
Not knowing anything is not a reason to start a completely unnecessary topic.

System Name PCGR
Processor 12400f
Motherboard Asus ROG STRIX B660-I
Cooling Stock Intel Cooler
Memory 2x16GB DDR5 5600 Corsair
Video Card(s) Dell RTX 3080
Storage 1x 512GB Mmoment PCIe 3 NVME 1x 2TB Corsair S70
Display(s) LG 32" 1440p
Case Phanteks Evolve itx
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply 750W Cooler Master sfx
Software Windows 11
I dont think there is much to talk about on the product itself as it isn't that well known. Hopefully there is more info and if not, most likely there will be more.

System Name Desktop-TJ84TBK
Processor Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming
Cooling ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 120mm, Noctua NF-F12
Memory B-Die 2x8GB 3200 CL14, Vengeance LPX 2x8GB 3200 CL16, OC'd to 3333 MT/s C16-16-16-32 tRC 48
Video Card(s) PNY GTX 690
Storage Crucial MX500 1TB, MX500 500GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Caviar Green 3TB, Intel Optane 16GB
Display(s) Sceptre M25 1080p200, ASUS 1080p74, Apple Studio Display M7649 17"
Case Rosewill CRUISER Black Gaming
Audio Device(s) SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Seasonic FOCUS GM-750
Mouse Kensington K72369
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate 2013
Software Windows 10 Home 64-bit, macOS 11.7.8
Benchmark Scores are good
But does it support macOS with hardware acceleration?

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I'm not sure that counts, they worked with AMD to make those Zen rip-offs. If I recall correctly their home-grown CPU attempt when tested was basically the 2010 VIA Nano design expanded to eight cores.

I will believe the performance claims when they are independently tested. I hope they are excellent at mining and really cheap. Then the miners will leave the video cards to gamers.
If they are excellent at mining and really cheap, they will just increase mining.

Nowhere does anything hint at any sort of change when you make more mining GPUs available. It does not do a thing for supply of GPUs in other channels. I know, its comfortable to think otherwise, but get real. Mining is a bottomless pit as long as the projected ROI is favorable.

But mining is not the key issue causing these shortages at large.

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
But mining is not the key issue causing these shortages at large.
I agree on that point. It isn't helping the shortage either. The shortage is not all from lower supply than in the past either. It is a massive combination of things, record high demand, supply issues, mining and scalping to top it off.

The worst part is companies are not going to massively ramp production to meet demand for the same reason internet providers aren't investing in better infrastructure. They believe this is just a temporary side effect of the pandemic. While I agree to a point, I think the end result is that things will never completely go back to the way they were before. Some of the people who found a new distraction or reinvigorated an old passion for gaming are going to keep on gaming and spending money on gaming hardware. Just like some jobs that shifted to work from home will stay work from home and many, many other things will keep internet bandwidth demands high.

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I agree on that point. It isn't helping the shortage either. The shortage is not all from lower supply than in the past either. It is a massive combination of things, record high demand, supply issues, mining and scalping to top it off.

The worst part is companies are not going to massively ramp production to meet demand for the same reason internet providers aren't investing in better infrastructure. They believe this is just a temporary side effect of the pandemic. While I agree to a point, I think the end result is that things will never completely go back to the way they were before. Some of the people who found a new distraction or reinvigorated an old passion for gaming are going to keep on gaming and spending money on gaming hardware. Just like some jobs that shifted to work from home will stay work from home and many, many other things will keep internet bandwidth demands high.

Like everything this is slow escalation until things fail entirely ;) And then we jump onto the next fantasy. History repeats, let's pray we learn a bit along the way...