1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Time for an Upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Weigy104, Mar 12, 2006.

1. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    I havnt' posted on here in a while but like the sustem specs feature so you can all see my current setup :)

My problem is basically only game i play on ppc is CSS and my pc used to mawl it getting atleast 150FPS on most maps. But what with updates and new gfx engine mods i drop as low as 30-40 on Malitia if you know what that is.

Basically wondering if i should go ryt to pci-e (means buying new mobo :( ) or if theres life in the old AGP yet?

10 Year Member at TPU
  2. CjStaal

Thanks Received:
    F**K AGP its older than my grampa :p

10 Year Member at TPU
  3. bruins004 New Member

Thanks Received:
    Your system looks pretty good to tell you the truth. Well ahead of the average gamer. Yea your GPU is kinda holding you back, but people play with worse ones. Even with my 7800GT I sometimes go as low as 50 FPS. But it is only on certain servers. Other servers I am able to hit 200 FPS on the same map. If I was you I would wait a little while and just update the entire system. Might as well.

10 Year Member at TPU
  4. Weigy104 New Member

Thanks Received:
    thanks alot. i think i might just wait even till DX10 cards come out and a new amd chipset comes out then build a new one.

10 Year Member at TPU