1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Time Warner HD Cable Box

Discussion in 'General Software' started by OrbitzXT, Jan 23, 2008.

1. OrbitzXT

OrbitzXT New Member

Thanks Received:
    On thursday I have a technician coming to replace our DTV box with a HD Cable Box, I called to ask if I need to purchase any wires...they told me that TW provides the component cable to hook up the box to the HDTV, and that if I wanted to use an HDMI cable instead I have to purchase one. No big deal, $6 on NewEgg or so I thought. The guy was telling me that they're having *software* issues and that he highly recommends not using an HDMI cable at this time, and that information on this could be found on their website. Apparently they're doing a major overhaul of their software but I can't find any information on it. Does anyone have a Time Warner HD Cable Box, any issues with HDMI like they said?

2. panchoman

panchoman Sold my stars!

Thanks Received:
    whats the box's model number? i have a scientific atlanta 8300hd, and i got component ones and found the quality crappy, and its said to have a buggy dvi port, and many times you have to call the company and tell em to activate your box for dvi because sometimes the boxes come with dvi disabled. anyway, i use http://www.svideo.com/dvihdmi2.html the 3ft cable, and since my tv doesn't have a dvi thing, its like, use a dvi-hdmi cable, and heres 2 ports for analog audio cables so that you can have audio for the dvi. and yeah, thats what i do and it works perfect.