1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Titanfall Graphics and Peformance Analysis

Discussion in 'Games' started by MuhammedAbdo, Apr 2, 2014.

1. MuhammedAbdo

Thanks Received:
    This is a detailed analysis of the game's graphics and performance

Any comments?

2. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    I agree to the analysis, I'm surprised they didn't mention the fact that game uses the old Source engine that was originally released a decade ago.

From a graphics point of view the game is not even close to games released in the last 3 years or more, I guess the developers were trying to make it work on the limited Xbone hardware.

The only advantage is when the game was ported over to PC the system requirements were really low for a release of this magnitude.

At least the gameplay is really good, I'm currently addicted to Last Titan standing, it makes for more tactical battles as opposed to twitch death match rounds, and you really have to work as a team in order to succeed, on Attrition most people just fend for themselves and play more of a lone wolf style

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    MuhammedAbdo says thanks.
    10 Year Member at TPU
  3. leeb2013

leeb2013

Thanks Received:
    I can only see a black square (crappy IE), but that's not too far from Titanfall's graphics appeal. It's pretty poor, bare pushing a R9-290 on 3 monitors, max settings to 50% usage and CPU barely above idle, using about 2-3 cores, 20%. Yet it takes up 85GB of HDD space and it happy to fill 4GB Vram!! Very disappointing to be honest.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  4. kn00tcn

kn00tcn

Thanks Received:
    am i the only enthusiast that still appreciates a lightweight engine that isnt that demanding to the end user?? (i dont like source engine from a developer perspective but that's another story)

that said, it certainly was not as lightweight as expected, i had to lower a lot of settings on my 570m, yet it runs bf3 on ultra except MSAA & SSAO instead of HBAO with almost similar framerates

another odd thing in the titanfall beta, i got lower fps at lower fov, the opposite of what you'd expect

main thing i'm looking for in games, do they look pretty? do they run ok or are they efficient? gpu usage doesnt mean much when poorly coded titles max those out, look like crap, & run like crap (saints row 2 anyone? GTA4 although i thought it wasnt too bad, it just loaded textures poorly using the view distance slider)

i hope you all also have the same disappointed words for every valve game & every blizzard game

MuhammedAbdo and 15th Warlock say thanks.
  5. 15th Warlock

15th Warlock

Thanks Received:
    85GBs? That's over 35GBs more than it uses on my computer, have you tried uninstalling it and then installing again? Did you delete the beta client after installing the full game?

Also, the game is actually fun, and it's not like the graphics are that bad either, I find them totally acceptable, just not up to par to some other current games, but IMHO it can certainly hold its own considering this is a decade old engine.

10 Year Member at TPU
  6. Batou1986

Batou1986

Thanks Received:
    I think you have origin set to save game installers which is why its 85gb tho a lot of the space is used on uncompressed audio files because devs are dumb

10 Year Member at TPU
  7. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    isnt orgin save the installation files to a temporary?

8. MustSeeMelons

MustSeeMelons

Thanks Received:
    Yes it does, if I'm not mistaken, in a folder somewhere where it is installed, but you do have the option to keep the installer if you wish.

9. arskatb

arskatb

Thanks Received:
    yep, there is something what I hate in orgin. If I reinstall system and I allrdy have bf4/titanfall in fullfillld hdd it need to be "installed" and actually it will just check my install. For that orgin still want that 85GB free space what is freeking stupid

10. MuhammedAbdo

Thanks Received:
    NVIDIA is planning an update to add HBAO+ and TXAA to the game, this should improve image quality.

15th Warlock says thanks.