• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TM 1900 to RT - AC68U - (Help)

chromeking

yes I saw that. Hopefully he stumbles on this thread. The reason I decided to get to this is because my primary one started having troubles. One guest channel got flaky.
I have now replaced it and am trying to figure out its problem. It appears to be intermittent on that channel 5G Guest1. The others appear OK. I hate intermittents.
Did you try switching the control channel on the 5Ghz to something less congested? That's the only thing I can think off hand that could cause issues. I believe 161 is usually less congested than the standard control channel is for 5Ghz on these routers.

I had everything on - so 3x 5G radios. The only one with an issue was guest1. But it is intermittent. Sometimes it is fine.
I installed Merlin. Maybe that will help.

Wescotte

Hello Got a problem with my downgrade using the NO CFE USB Instructions. everything seemed to have work fine. but once everything got boot up again web gui was broken. i was able to get to the Advanced_System_Content.asp page. i can select the ssh but i cannot apply the change. page are broken. i cannot use the diagnose button anymore.

is there a way to send the command to the web gui to apply the change ?
Anything please
ssh.jpg

main.jpg
Old tm-ac1900 build was 3.0.0.4.376_3221 Anyone know where i could get that file. i still have acces to asus mini-cfe page but always get that it's not a valid file. maybe i'll try putting it back in.
well at that point i'll try anything. the thing ping and seem to partialy work but i don,t know to which extend

Update : i tryed to get to the firmware page looking to reflash it but i still have the same problem i can't it the button but at least i know a was succesful in a way to push a part of the firmware in
firmwareupdate.jpg

Last edited:

tisfreefl

I gave up on this months ago. I got tired of asking for help. I have the Wifi 6 AX6000 and the AC86U set on Merlin and working on mesh setup
I ran into the exact same issues you did. There is a way to do it through Chrome and the Network Tools screen. I had to use a FAT32 USB drive with the 1703 firmware, but mtd-write2 would not read it from USB. I had to do a cp /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx /tmp

Click here if you would like to get that firmware and FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx. You could also skip much of this and just go right to FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx, enable SSH and replace the CFE and delete mtdblock5 but I am putting all the steps here I followed. You will also need ASUS Firmware 384.20308 CLICK HERE FOR IT ( it is the last safest ASUS Firmware before it started hunting for Cellspots). Let me know what shortcuts worked and maybe we can reduce this to fewer steps (as has been previously mentioned).

I was then able to do mtd-write2 /tmp/firmware1703.trx linux then rebooted and reset nvram. I was then able to enable ssh and then do the rest.

See step 4 here for details how to do this with chrome and the inspect / console and using the diagnostics command for each step.

When I ran the last command to do the write from the file on USB to flash it just circled for a second with no error. Upon reboot, I still had the 1399 firmware. Did it many times, so this is what I did to get around it.

This did not succeed in the process that I posted above but will also repost right here.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("/sbin/mtd-write2 /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx linux").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

This is what ultimately succeeded with the 1399 FW version and doing this from end-to-end. In Chrome, go to the network tools screen, right click and choose inspect, then go to the console. Paste in each command, hit enter, then click the diagnostics button. Make sure you inserted a FAT32 USB into the USB 2.0 slot with the 1706 firmware trx file on it, call it firmware1706.trx and label the USB just USB so that you just have to copy the commands below as-is and not edit - they should just run.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount -t tmpfs tmpfs userRpm";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\ncp -a . userRpm";return true;}

If you see the message cp: recursion detected, omitting directory "./userRpm" you are on the right track.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount --move userRpm .";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nservice restart_httpd";return true;}

You will see some connection errors and that is ok because it is restarting.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nwget -A txt -r -nH -nd docbill.freeshell.org";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nfind u.txt";return true;}

If the file is there, then proceed.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("find /tmp/mnt -name firmware1703.trx" ).replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

Change firmware1703.trx to whatever the filename is on your FAT32 formatted USB drive labeled "USB" and recheck.

Now this is where it differs. You want to write this to /tmp and do the mtd-write2 from there.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("cp /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx /tmp").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("ls -l /tmp/firmware1703.trx" ).replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

If the file is there, proceed to flash.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("/sbin/mtd-write2 /tmp/firmware1703.trx linux").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

If it took more than a second or two, then it most likely flashed.

Rebooted and hold down WPS for 20 seconds to ensure nvram reset. After a few minutes, you should be able to connect to 192.168.29.1 and verify it's a 1703 firmware. You can enable ssh and proceed to get the CFE onto the USB or pull with scp so you can update it to the 1.0.2.0 AIMesh through the pipeline tool. You can then follow all the other instructions as you normally would and you should be ready to rock n' roll.

Adding the steps here from a previous post so it is all in one place.

SSH in or from the console over serial

cp /dev/mtd0 /tmp/mnt/USB/original_cfe.bin

# I've also seen - cat /dev/mtd0 > /tmp/mnt/USB/original_cfe.bin
# or if you are ssh'ing in, you can do cat or cp to /tmp/original_cfe.bin and then scp it from the router.

Then take that and upload

Upload original_cfe.bin to https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh/

Select 1.0.2.0 US 1.0.2.5 US for AC68P or 1.0.2.0 US AiMesh for AC68U with AiMesh as Source CFE > Download the new .bin > rename it to new_cfe.bin

Download This_File and extract with p7zip or 7zip

Copy new_cfe.bin & mtd-write & FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx to the FAT32 usb drive we used previously (or you can scp it over the network)

Plug the usb drive back into the router and boot it completely.

In SSH terminal like putty or terminal through serial:

cd /mnt/USB
chmod u+x mtd-write
./mtd-write new_cfe.bin boot
./mtd-write FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx linux
nvram_erase
reboot

Once the unit is booted back up, run the below commands before removing the serial cable and putting the router back together.

Code for fixing MTD5 partition:
You can enter this in Terra Term before you remove the serial cable and re-assemble the router

cat /dev/mtd5 > /jffs/mtd5_backup.bin
mkdir /tmp/asus_jffs
mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtdblock5 /tmp/asus_jffs
rm -rf /tmp/asus_jffs/*
sync && umount /tmp/asus_jffs
rm -rf /jffs/.sys/RT-AC68U
nvram unset fw_check && nvram commit && reboot

We still have 2 more commands to execute but we need to update firmware to 384.xxxxx or higher. We will use 3.0.0.4.384.20308 (preferred because it is just before the change in firmware to hunt Cellspots) or the command will not be effective.

Now wait for the reboot. Go to 192.168.1.1 and manually update firmware to 3.0.0.4.384.20308 that we downloaded.

Reset NVRAM again. Very important!

Power off the router
Wait 10 seconds
Press and hold WPS button on the side
Power up router and keep holding WPS button for 15-20 seconds until you see the power light starts to flash

Now turn on SSH in router system, and log in PuTTY, and do 2 more commands.

Make sure you are in /tmp/home/root directory.

Writing all FFs to the MTD5 (This will resize CFE it to normal)
Here are the commands:

ln -s /sbin/rc mtd-erase
./mtd-erase -d asus

It will look like this *The “Erasing…” is given when you never did the 2 commands before… if you have you probably won’t see them again? Don’t be alarmed:

admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ln -s /sbin/rc mtd-erase
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ./mtd-erase -d asus
Erasing 0x0 - 0x1ffff
Erasing 0x20000 - 0x3ffff
Erasing 0x40000 - 0x5ffff
Erasing 0x60000 - 0x7ffff
Erasing 0x80000 - 0x9ffff
Erasing 0xa0000 - 0xbffff
Erasing 0xc0000 - 0xdffff
Erasing 0xeffff - 0xfffff
Erasing 0x100000 - 0x11ffff
Erasing 0x120000 - 0x13ffff
"asus" successfully erased.
/tmp/home/root#

You can now flash Asus, Merlin, Advanced Tomato, Tomato, and DD-WRT firmwares.

If anyone is wanting a new way to flash this thing, I just completed one this morning that would not go into recovery mode. (slow flashing power led and IP set to 192.168.1.1) not to be confused with the mini CFE loader page on 192.168.29.1. I was able to get to the mini cfe by holding the reset button on powerup, but got "The file transferred is not a valid firmware image." when uploading the TM-AC1900_3.0.0.4_376_1703-g0ffdbba.trx firmware.

This does require a tty USB serial adapter, which can be purchased for about $3. Great news is that once you have the serial cable connected, it't easier than the original guide as you can completely SKIP steps 1-10 on the bayareatechpros page. Downgrading to the 1703 firmware is not needed. trying to feed commands into the ping interface is also not needed. You also need a usb drive.

1: once you have your serial cable, you can follow this guide to hook it up and get access:

2: boot the router completely, have a usb stick (formatted as fat32) in the usb 2.0 port.

3: from commandline using terra term:

cat /dev/mtd0 > /mnt/USB/original_cfe.bin
reboot

4: wait until unit is booting back up and then power it off. (we want to make sure that the usb drive isn't active when we pull it out)

5: plug the USB stick into your computer:
  • Upload original_cfe.bin to https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh/ > Select 1.0.2.0 US AiMesh as Source CFE > Download the new .bin > rename it to new_cfe.bin
6: Download This_File
  • copy new_cfe.bin & mtd-write & FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx to the usb drive
7: plug the usb drive back into the router and boot it completely.

8: in Terra Term type:

cd /mnt/USB
chmod u+x mtd-write
nvram_erase
reboot

9: Once the unit is booted back up, run the below commands before removing the serial cable and putting the router back together.

Code for fixing MTD5 partition so you can update to latest firmware - if you do not do the below, on a firmware update, it will check for this and revert all of your hardwork and turn your router back into a pumpkin:
You can enter this in an ssh terminal or a serial terminal before you re-assemble the router

mkdir /tmp/asus_jffs
rm -rf /tmp/asus_jffs/*

10: You can now flash Asus, Merlin, Advanced Tomato, Tomato, and DD-WRT firmwares.
I used a Raspberry Pi running stock Raspbian to get to the terminal on this just to see what was happening. With the stock 1399 firmware and CFE 2.1.2.6, it was not allowing me to get to the CFE prompt and do anything including running nvram reset but I could see by holding down the WPS button, it was causing the nvram to reset. I kept getting a "command status = -1" error not a 0 when running anything on the CFE> menu. 1399 and later seems super locked down and restricted - which is probably because the CFE version is 2.1.2.6. Once I forced the 1703 firmware on it, everything opened up so I could ssh in and extract the CFE, modify with the pipeline, and overwrite the CFE on the device with the correct modified version. If they had closed the loop on the diagnostics screen, I would have had to resort to connecting my Raspberry Pi to the flash chip and using flashrom commands to get the CFE off so I can reflash the right version after running it through the pipeline process. (something I was really happy to avoid).

To connect your raspberry pi to it, do the following, connect Pin 6 on the Rpi to GND on the router. Connect pin 8 on the Rpi to the RX pin on the router, and finally connect pin 10 to the TX pin on the router.
1575110093-1.jpeg
y4mA9SYij1u_hNv0hjmZ22zeVv2bl0tmYxCLOhGADMvWz52pEMuoHvSH2SPhBbIKpXaBq1FGE4P0HWu_1uWTcnf2cW5Tk...jpeg

You may have to go into raspi-config and enable the serial interface under interfaces and restart your pi. Once it reboots, you can ssh into it and do the following:

sudo apt install minicom

Once that installs, you can get access to the terminal by running the following.

minicom -b 115200 -o -D /dev/serial0

You can then see the whole boot process and you can hit enter to get access to the console to run any linux command you want.

On your Rpi, you do need to be a member of the tty group or else you can try with sudo. For reference, the default pi user is automatically a member of tty group - type "id" at a shell prompt to verify group membership.

Last edited:

Adam12

tisfreefl, do you have instruction on Raspberry Pi to the flash chip and using flashrom commands to get the CFE off? My current firmware is 3.0.0.4.376_3221. Any command issues at the CFE> always return "Command Status = -1". I believe Asus closed the loop on this latest firmware. I get no response on console with Network Tools screen hack.

tisfreefl

tisfreefl, do you have instruction on Raspberry Pi to the flash chip and using flashrom commands to get the CFE off? My current firmware is 3.0.0.4.376_3221. Any command issues at the CFE> always return "Command Status = -1". I believe Asus closed the loop on this latest firmware. I get no response on console with Network Tools screen hack.
I got the EXACT same issue but I was able to get to the console on the network tools screen.

What is your router SW version currently?

Last edited:

tisfreefl

My current router SW version is 3.0.0.4.376_3221-gd4afd2e.
A couple of things.

Are you able to enable ssh from the Admin screen?

And what happens when you go to the console? Do you get any responses with any of the commands?

Adam12

No ssh. No console response with any commands on FF, Chrome, Edge and IE. Not only that the command field now is limited to 100 characters.

tisfreefl

No ssh. No console response with any commands on FF, Chrome, Edge and IE. Not only that the command field now is limited to 100 characters.
Can you try downgrading to 1703 FW and see what happens? Will it let you downgrade at all?

There would potentially be one final option if everything is locked down and that might be to get into restoration mode and try and downgrade the FW to the 1703 version?

Adam12

Can you try downgrading to 1703 FW and see what happens? Will it let you downgrade at all?

There would potentially be one final option if everything is locked down and that might be to get into restoration mode and try and downgrade the FW to the 1703 version?
No luck. Try CFE mini web with not valid firmware. While router is in recovery mode try Asus recovery with error wifi router is not in recovery mode. I am out of idea. Any other suggestion?

tisfreefl

Ping me privately. Maybe we can set a time to jump on a hangout and have a look.

If it’s completely fubar’d then you maybe have to use jtag and flashrom to backup the cfe, run it through the pipeline, then write it back, get into recovery mode, and put 1703 on it and then go through the rest of the process, but let’s verify before you go through all of that.

networknoob

I ran into the exact same issues you did. There is a way to do it through Chrome and the Network Tools screen. I had to use a FAT32 USB drive with the 1703 firmware, but mtd-write2 would not read it from USB. I had to do a cp /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx /tmp

Click here if you would like to get that firmware and FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx. You could also skip much of this and just go right to FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx, enable SSH and replace the CFE and delete mtdblock5 but I am putting all the steps here I followed. You will also need ASUS Firmware 384.20308 CLICK HERE FOR IT ( it is the last safest ASUS Firmware before it started hunting for Cellspots). Let me know what shortcuts worked and maybe we can reduce this to fewer steps (as has been previously mentioned).

I was then able to do mtd-write2 /tmp/firmware1703.trx linux then rebooted and reset nvram. I was then able to enable ssh and then do the rest.

See step 4 here for details how to do this with chrome and the inspect / console and using the diagnostics command for each step.

When I ran the last command to do the write from the file on USB to flash it just circled for a second with no error. Upon reboot, I still had the 1399 firmware. Did it many times, so this is what I did to get around it.

This did not succeed in the process that I posted above but will also repost right here.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("/sbin/mtd-write2 /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx linux").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

This is what ultimately succeeded with the 1399 FW version and doing this from end-to-end. In Chrome, go to the network tools screen, right click and choose inspect, then go to the console. Paste in each command, hit enter, then click the diagnostics button. Make sure you inserted a FAT32 USB into the USB 2.0 slot with the 1706 firmware trx file on it, call it firmware1706.trx and label the USB just USB so that you just have to copy the commands below as-is and not edit - they should just run.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount -t tmpfs tmpfs userRpm";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\ncp -a . userRpm";return true;}

If you see the message cp: recursion detected, omitting directory "./userRpm" you are on the right track.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount --move userRpm .";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nmount";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nservice restart_httpd";return true;}

You will see some connection errors and that is ok because it is restarting.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nwget -A txt -r -nH -nd docbill.freeshell.org";return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\nfind u.txt";return true;}

If the file is there, then proceed.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("find /tmp/mnt -name firmware1703.trx" ).replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

Change firmware1703.trx to whatever the filename is on your FAT32 formatted USB drive labeled "USB" and recheck.

Now this is where it differs. You want to write this to /tmp and do the mtd-write2 from there.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("cp /tmp/mnt/USB/firmware1703.trx /tmp").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}
validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("ls -l /tmp/firmware1703.trx" ).replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

If the file is there, proceed to flash.

validForm = function(){document.form.SystemCmd.value = "ping\n. u.txt " + encodeURIComponent("/sbin/mtd-write2 /tmp/firmware1703.trx linux").replace(/%/g,"..");return true;}

If it took more than a second or two, then it most likely flashed.

Rebooted and hold down WPS for 20 seconds to ensure nvram reset. After a few minutes, you should be able to connect to 192.168.29.1 and verify it's a 1703 firmware. You can enable ssh and proceed to get the CFE onto the USB or pull with scp so you can update it to the 1.0.2.0 AIMesh through the pipeline tool. You can then follow all the other instructions as you normally would and you should be ready to rock n' roll.

Adding the steps here from a previous post so it is all in one place.

SSH in or from the console over serial

cp /dev/mtd0 /tmp/mnt/USB/original_cfe.bin

# I've also seen - cat /dev/mtd0 > /tmp/mnt/USB/original_cfe.bin
# or if you are ssh'ing in, you can do cat or cp to /tmp/original_cfe.bin and then scp it from the router.

Then take that and upload

Upload original_cfe.bin to https://cfeditor.pipeline.sh/

Select 1.0.2.0 US 1.0.2.5 US for AC68P or 1.0.2.0 US AiMesh for AC68U with AiMesh as Source CFE > Download the new .bin > rename it to new_cfe.bin

Download This_File and extract with p7zip or 7zip

Copy new_cfe.bin & mtd-write & FW_RT_AC68U_30043763626.trx to the FAT32 usb drive we used previously (or you can scp it over the network)

Plug the usb drive back into the router and boot it completely.

In SSH terminal like putty or terminal through serial:

cd /mnt/USB
chmod u+x mtd-write
nvram_erase
reboot

Once the unit is booted back up, run the below commands before removing the serial cable and putting the router back together.

Code for fixing MTD5 partition:
You can enter this in Terra Term before you remove the serial cable and re-assemble the router

mkdir /tmp/asus_jffs
rm -rf /tmp/asus_jffs/*

We still have 2 more commands to execute but we need to update firmware to 384.xxxxx or higher. We will use 3.0.0.4.384.20308 (preferred because it is just before the change in firmware to hunt Cellspots) or the command will not be effective.

Now wait for the reboot. Go to 192.168.1.1 and manually update firmware to 3.0.0.4.384.20308 that we downloaded.

Reset NVRAM again. Very important!

Power off the router
Wait 10 seconds
Press and hold WPS button on the side
Power up router and keep holding WPS button for 15-20 seconds until you see the power light starts to flash

Now turn on SSH in router system, and log in PuTTY, and do 2 more commands.

Make sure you are in /tmp/home/root directory.

Writing all FFs to the MTD5 (This will resize CFE it to normal)
Here are the commands:

ln -s /sbin/rc mtd-erase
./mtd-erase -d asus

It will look like this *The “Erasing…” is given when you never did the 2 commands before… if you have you probably won’t see them again? Don’t be alarmed:

admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ln -s /sbin/rc mtd-erase
admin@RT-AC68U:/tmp/home/root# ./mtd-erase -d asus
Erasing 0x0 - 0x1ffff
Erasing 0x20000 - 0x3ffff
Erasing 0x40000 - 0x5ffff
Erasing 0x60000 - 0x7ffff
Erasing 0x80000 - 0x9ffff
Erasing 0xa0000 - 0xbffff
Erasing 0xc0000 - 0xdffff
Erasing 0xeffff - 0xfffff
Erasing 0x100000 - 0x11ffff
Erasing 0x120000 - 0x13ffff
"asus" successfully erased.
/tmp/home/root#

You can now flash Asus, Merlin, Advanced Tomato, Tomato, and DD-WRT firmwares.

I used a Raspberry Pi running stock Raspbian to get to the terminal on this just to see what was happening. With the stock 1399 firmware and CFE 2.1.2.6, it was not allowing me to get to the CFE prompt and do anything including running nvram reset but I could see by holding down the WPS button, it was causing the nvram to reset. I kept getting a "command status = -1" error not a 0 when running anything on the CFE> menu. 1399 and later seems super locked down and restricted - which is probably because the CFE version is 2.1.2.6. Once I forced the 1703 firmware on it, everything opened up so I could ssh in and extract the CFE, modify with the pipeline, and overwrite the CFE on the device with the correct modified version. If they had closed the loop on the diagnostics screen, I would have had to resort to connecting my Raspberry Pi to the flash chip and using flashrom commands to get the CFE off so I can reflash the right version after running it through the pipeline process. (something I was really happy to avoid).

To connect your raspberry pi to it, do the following, connect Pin 6 on the Rpi to GND on the router. Connect pin 8 on the Rpi to the RX pin on the router, and finally connect pin 10 to the TX pin on the router.
View attachment 194348View attachment 194350
You may have to go into raspi-config and enable the serial interface under interfaces and restart your pi. Once it reboots, you can ssh into it and do the following:

sudo apt install minicom

Once that installs, you can get access to the terminal by running the following.

minicom -b 115200 -o -D /dev/serial0

You can then see the whole boot process and you can hit enter to get access to the console to run any linux command you want.

On your Rpi, you do need to be a member of the tty group or else you can try with sudo. For reference, the default pi user is automatically a member of tty group - type "id" at a shell prompt to verify group membership.
well done! i have four of these of which three converted with no issues. the fourth one is being difficult (probably me doing something wrong).

have a question though. something doesn't seem to work for me. when i enter the commands it seems like nothing is happening. please see attached file. can you please tell me what i can do to make it work? the 'hit enter, then click the diagnostics button' in your post confuses me. cant seem to find a diagnostics button.

(on a side note: current firmware is: 3.0.0.4.376_3199. i tried to use the CFE mini web recovery, everything seems to work but then i get an error saying something about invalid firmware).

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• chrome inspect.jpg
    chrome inspect.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 36

Royalty

Hello I could use some assistance,
Thank everyone that contributed to resolving the TM AC1900 issues with their posts. I was able to follow along with the information here and the video by flyingRich. However, my successfully flashed AC1900 is not displaying any options to do AIMesh. I flashed the oldest firmware on ASUS site for the 68U, i also tried other versions of firmware from the ASUS site, and I've even flashed the most recent Merlin firmware. Yet none of the firmware uploads give me the option to use AIMesh.

Is it still possible to solve this problem?