• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TOO HOT! EVGA GTX260 Core 216 SC Edition at Amazon.com

System Name UltraPC
Processor E8500 Core 2 Duo, 1333Mhz FSB, 3.16Ghz @ 4.5GHz (got into Windows @ 4.75GHz)
Motherboard ASUS P5Q-e
Cooling CPU Cooler - TT V14 Pro, 2x120mm CM Blue LED fans, 1x90mm CM Blue LED fan
Memory G.Skill Pi 4GB (2x2GB) Dual Channel DDR2 PC8000 (1000MHz), 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD4850 512mb with ASUS EAH4850 BIOS
Storage 2x 500GB Seagate 7200.12 Raid 0
Display(s) Acer AL1912, 19" LCD screen
Case Thermaltake Soprano Black ATX case
Audio Device(s) Onboard 7.1, Speakers - 5 + Sub + Monitor speakers
Power Supply Thermaltake 850W Toughpower Cable Management - Quad (2x18A and 2x30A) 12V rails
Software Win 7 Pro x64, MSN, CS:Source, etc etc
Lol...most of you knew it was a mistake anyway, you just took the chance that they may accidentally send you a gfx card. Thats all well and good (Personally wouldnt do it, as I cbb losing money then getting it back again), but to take the issue further and try and still get the gfx card after they offer you a refund is pretty absurd imho. (Even after they offer you to send the motherboards back with free shipping).

Ive never dealt with the company, but they seem to be pretty good to do what they are doing. Fast refunds, free shipping back...what more do you want? To leave a negative rating about the retailer is just a joke.

System Name AEROPLEX rev. 4.5
Processor Intel Core i7 4820K
Motherboard EVGA X79 Dark
Cooling Corsair H110i
Memory 8GB (4 x 2GB) G.Skill DDR3 2200MHz CL9 (F3-17600CL9D-8GBXLD)
Video Card(s) EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC
Storage Mushkin Scorpion Deluxe 240GB PCI-E 3.0 SSD
Display(s) 27" Samsung Curved 1080p
Case SilverStone Raven RV02
Power Supply SilverStone Strider 1500W
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Looks like all my assertiveness against a lack of Terms and Conditions for TigerDirect on Amazon ended with me getting $20 bucks!

Lucina.Joseph@tigerdirect.com

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I understand you saw the page change on and off but please be aware that we didn’t know about this error until yesterday which is why we sent you the email. As stated on the email this was an item matching error. We sent them a product feed that they matched to the incorrect item, and we realize it when we started reviewing the orders that they sent us. We will make sure that you get your full refund. As per UPS the items are currently in route to you. As soon as they confirm that they won’t deliver the items to you we will advise Amazon to refund you, which shouldn’t take more than 24 hours. If it is ok with you I can comment your account for you to get free shipping on your next order or I can arrange for a store credit of $20 to be added to your account and it will be discounted from any order that is place directly through us in the future by calling 800-800-8300. Please let me know which one you would like for me to arrange.

Thank you for your patience.

Me: Thank you for the offer. I would appreciate if you could arrange a $20 store credit to my TigerDirect account. I don't know what my account number is, but the email address registered to it is XXXXXXXXXX@gmail.com under the name XXXXXXXXX.

Lucina.Joseph@tigerdirect.com

The $20 store credit has been requested please allow 48 hours for the credit to be active on your account.