• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Toshiba Recalls AC Adapters sold with Portable DVD Players Due to Burn Hazard

zekrahminator

McLovin
Processor AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Brisbane @ 2.8GHz (224x12.5, 1.425V)
Motherboard Gigabyte sumthin-or-another, it's got an nForce 430
Cooling Dual 120mm case fans front/rear, Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, Zalman VF-900 on GPU
Memory 2GB G.Skill DDR2 800
Video Card(s) Sapphire X850XT @ 580/600
Storage WD 160 GB SATA hard drive.
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen, 5ms response time, 1440x900
Case Thermaltake Soprano (black with side window).
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Live! 24 bit (paired with X-530 speakers).
Power Supply ThermalTake 430W TR2
Software XP Home SP2, can't wait for Vista SP1.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of Product: Toshiba AC Adapters Sold with Portable DVD Players

Units: About 142,000

Distributor: Toshiba America Consumer Products LLC, of Wayne, N.J.

Hazard: The AC adapters can fail, causing the portable DVD player to overheat, posing a burn hazard to consumers.

Incidents/Injuries: Toshiba has received two reports of minor damage to the bottom of the DVD player. No injuries have been reported.

Description: This recall involves the AC adapter sold with the Toshiba portable DVD player Model SD-P1600. "Toshiba" and ADPV16 can be found on the side of the adapter. "Toshiba", Model SD-P1600, and the serial number can be found on a rating label on the bottom of the cabinet for the DVD player.

Sold at: Consumer electronics stores nationwide from January 2005 through April 2006 for between $200 and $230.

Manufactured in: China

Remedy: Consumers should stop using the AC adapters immediately and contact Toshiba Customer Solutions for a replacement adapter.

Consumer Contact: For additional information, contact Toshiba Customer Solutions toll-free at (877) 290-6064 between 9 a.m. and 7 p.m. CT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm's Web site at www.tacp.com

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Jupiter-2
Processor Intel i3-6100
Motherboard H170I-PLUS D3
Cooling Stock
Memory 8GB Mushkin DDR3L-1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX 1050ti
Storage 512GB Corsair SSD
Display(s) BENQ 24in
Case Lian Li PC-Q01B Mini ITX
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair 450W
Mouse Logitech Trackball
Keyboard Custom bamboo job
Software Win 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Finished Super PI on legendary mode in only 13 hours.
So wait... will these give us lead poisoning as well? (The article doesn't state.) Or, do they catch fire long before there's a possibility of any significant amounts of lead getting into your body?

These Chinese manufacturers need to make up their mind -- either make products that are a burn hazard or make products that are a poison risk. I'm tired of having to keep around two pairs of gloves to handle my electronics (one fireproof and the other just latex, to stop lead contamination).