1. Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop Issue

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Bungholio, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Bungholio

Bungholio New Member

Mar 7, 2011
    2 (0.00/day)
    Thanks Received:
    Hey all,

I have just got hold of an old Toshiba Satellite Pro A60EN PSA65E Laptop.

It has a 2.8Ghz Celeron Processor, 740MB ram with 32Mb allocated to the ATI Radeon 7000 IGP.

I have done a full format, installed windows XP and all the latest toshiba drivers (f you can call them "latest"!), i have installed mozilla firefox and flash player 10.2.

The laptop seems to run fine until I open a browser page with embedded video, if I try to play a flash video or a youtube video the playback is terrible, slow and jittery!
    I have messed with the hardware acceleration on the IGP and altered the shared memory, I have even tried various different browsers to no avail!:banghead:

I can download the videos and play them from the hard disk and they work fine, I can also watch DVD-Rom movies with no problems.
    I know its not my internet connection because I can see the buffer level on the youtube videos and theyre always miles ahead of the play position.

Does anyone have any ideas, I assume a 2.8ghz processor is capable of doing browser video playback! :respect:

Thanks in advance. ;)
  2. karolpl2004

Dec 2, 2005
    704 (0.18/day)
    Thanks Received:
    try to download k-lite codec pack. might help a bit. also as for the video drivers, i believe you have better chances of finding them on google rather than the toshiba site.
    10 Year Member at TPU