• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Total War: Warhammer

Processor Intel Core i5-11400F 2.6GHz
Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Video Card(s) ZOTAC GAMING GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Twin Edge
Display(s) LG 27M47VQ 27 inches 2 ms FULL HD HDMI Gaming Monitor
Case Thermaltake Versa T27 TG 750W
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair CX750 ATX 80PLUS (750W)
Software Windows 11 Home Edition 64-bit
Greetings,

I searched the forum but cannot find any thread for Total War: Warhammer. So, I wanted to create one. (If there a thread, sorry. :))First of all, I wanted to share Total War: Warhammer release date, pre-order bonus, High King Edition, and Limited Edition contents. Of course we can share our thoughts too. :)

SEGA Europe Ltd. and Creative Assembly today revealed the Pre-order Bonus, High King Edition and Limited Edition for Total War™: WARHAMMER®, the game that brings to life the most comprehensive vision possible of the Warhammer Fantasy Battle world -Total War: WARHAMMER will be the first in an epic trilogy, supported with free and paid-for content post-release and is set to launch on April 28th, 2016.

Pre-order Bonus – Chaos Warriors Race Pack:

Those gamers who pre-order any edition from participating retailers will receive Total War: WARMAMMER’s first DLC for free alongside the game on release day. The Chaos Warriors Race Pack includes three new playable Legendary Lords, enabling you to select the corrupted and powerful Chaos Warriors as your race in the Grand Campaign.

Featuring unique new mounts, bloodthirsty units and monstrous creatures, this Race Pack also brings with it a brand new, narrative-driven quest chain for each Legendary Lord, and an armoury of twisted and cursed magic items.

To learn more about the Chaos Warriors, watch the new in-engine cinematic trailer:

The Total War: WARHAMMER standard edition is now available for pre-order from Steam.

High King Edition:

The Total War: WARHAMMER High King Edition will be produced in a single, extremely limited run.
Modelled on the legendary Book of Grudges, the High King Edition will ship in a large ornate presentation box, featuring metallic gold and 3D sculpted detail in the iconic Dwarfen style. Contained within is a host of treasures guaranteed to sate the gold-lust of the mightiest Dwarfen High King; including:

- Grudge Ring: This quality metal ring, with a rotating inner band is perfect to spin whilst brooding over grudges and plotting revenge. Six numbered bevels on the inner hoop allow the ring to double as a fully functioning die.

- Slayer’s Whetstone Pendant: Made of genuine, functional whetstone and inscribed with the talismanic Master Rune of Spite, this hefty trinket would be treasured and jealously guarded by any self-respecting Slayer, who aims to keep a keen edge on their blades.

- Dwarfen Drinking Horn & Stand: Toast your victories with this beautifully decorated drinking horn; wrought with icons and sigils in the Dwarfen craftsman style. Suitable for both display and practical use, it can hold a full pint and comes complete with its own unique metal display stand. Please note, liquid cannot be ‘sipped’ from this drinking horn, it may only be ‘quaffed’.

- Canvas Map: Plan your campaigns of conquest as any High King should with this gorgeously illustrated canvas map of the game world.

- Integrated Artbook: Integrated into the High King Edition’s impressive packaging is a large art book featuring exclusive concepts.

- Metal Case: Protect your game disks from the perilous dangers of the Old World with this exclusive metal case.

- Insider Guide: A printed strategy guide for Total War: WARHAMMER; this book will help get you started with the game and offers invaluable tactical advice to help you dominate the battlefields of the Old World.

- Chaos Warriors Race Pack: The Chaos Warriors Race Pack offers a new playable race with a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords and embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining the favour of the dark Chaos Gods.

The High King Edition Pre-Order Page: http://www.totalwar.com/games/total-war-warhammer-high-king-edition

Limited Edition:
Alongside the extremely rare High King Edition, a Limited Edition will also be available at select retailers. This version includes the metal case and Insider Guide detailed above in the High King Edition.

Total War: WARHAMMER is available at select retailers in a limited edition, shipping in a highly collectable metal case and including the Total War: WARHAMMER ‘Insider Guide’, an exclusive strategy guide for the game.

Metal Pak Case
Adorned with classic Warhammer Fantasy illustrations representing each playable in-game race and enhanced with etching and embossing, this metal case is beguiling to look at and the perfect thing to protect your game discs from the many perilous dangers of the Old World.

Total War: WARHAMMER ‘Insider Guide’
This mini-strategy guide for Total War: WARHAMMER will help you get started with the game if you’re a beginner, or hone your tactical prowess if you’re a returning veteran. Brimming with invaluable tactical advice, hints and tips, this Insider Guide will help you dominate the battlefields of the Old World and bring your opponents to heel.

Pre-order Bonus:
Early birds that pre-order any edition from participating retailers will receive Total War: WARHAMMER’s first DLC for free alongside the game on release day. The Chaos Warriors Race Pack offers a new playable race with a full roster of bloodthirsty units, terrifying mounts and monstrous creatures. Lead the corrupted Chaos hordes as one of three new playable Legendary Lords and embrace the Ruinous Powers as you embark on brand new quest chains, unlocking powerful items and gaining glory in the name of the dark Chaos Gods.

Limited Edition Page: http://www.totalwar.com/Limited

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
Hey @RCoon , you going to be able to squeeze some of this in your schedule? I'm seriously tempted to get back in the Total War boat for this... looks like tons of fun....

System Name HP Omen 17
Processor i7 7700HQ
Memory 16GB 2400Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) GTX 1060
Storage Samsung SM961 256GB + HGST 1TB
Display(s) 1080p IPS G-SYNC 75Hz
Audio Device(s) Bang & Olufsen
Power Supply 230W
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD+
Software Win 10 Pro
Hey @RCoon , you going to be able to squeeze some of this in your schedule? I'm seriously tempted to get back in the Total War boat for this... looks like tons of fun....

It's on "the list", assuming I get a copy. It has to contend with Mighty No. 9 and Mafia III though.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name Can I run it
Processor delidded i9-10900KF @ AI OC 3x5.4 10x5.3+Supercool direct die waterblock
Motherboard ASUS Maximus XII Apex 2701 BIOS
Cooling Main = GTS 360 GTX 240, EK PE 360,XSPC EX 360,2x EK-XRES 100 Revo D5 PWM, 12x T30, AC High Flow Next
Memory 2x16GB TridentZ 3600@4600 16-16-16-36@1.59V+EK Monarch, Separate loop with GTS 120&Freezemod DDC
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Gaming OC @ 0.8V 1830Mhz core + Barrow full cover waterblock
Storage Transcend PCIE 220S 1TB for (main), WD Blue 3D NAND 250GB for OC testing, Seagate Barracuda 4TB
Display(s) Samsung Odyssey OLED G9 5120x1440 240Hz calibrated by X-Rite i1 Display Pro Plus
Case Thermaltake View 71
Audio Device(s) Q Acoustics M20 HD
Power Supply Silverstone ST-1200 PTS 1200W 80+ Platinum
Mouse Logitech G Pro Wireless
Keyboard Ducky Shine 7 (Cherry MX red)
Software Windows 11
CA Please stop singlethread bottleneck in Total War Series. We don't have i5-6600K @ 6.5Ghz cooled by LN2.

System Name Thought I'd be done with this by now
Processor i7 11700k 8/16
Motherboard MSI Z590 Pro Wifi
Cooling Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, 9x aigo AR12
Memory 32GB GSkill TridentZ Neo DDR4-4000 CL18-22-22-42
Video Card(s) MSI Ventus 2x Geforce RTX 3070
Storage 1TB MX300 M.2 OS + Games, + cloud mostly
Display(s) Samsung 40" 4k (TV)
Case Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic EVO Black
Audio Device(s) onboard HD -> Yamaha 5.1
Power Supply EVGA 850 GQ
Mouse Logitech wireless
Keyboard same
VR HMD nah
Software Windows 10
Benchmark Scores no one cares anymore lols
not sure on this, don't get me wrong I a big total war fan and warhammer fan, but I kinda like each in the format they're in.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard B550 Aorus PRO V2
Cooling Corsair H115i RGB Platinum
Memory Gskill Trident Z Neo 3600 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 3070 Trio X
Storage WD Blue SN550 1TB NVME/Supertalent Teranova 2x1TB
Display(s) Acer XV340CK
Case Corsair 4000D Airflow
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Logitech G513 Tactile
Software Windows 10 Pro
You have to pre-order to play as chaos?! ever since they released the gore DLC for Rome 2 i have promised myself i wont buy any thing else from CA again and it looks like i made the right call.

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
New playable race, Bretonnia, coming on Feburary the 28th. Free for all players, the Bretonnia Race Pack DLC adds 3 new playable Legendary Lords, new units and unique features.

Processor i7 4790
Motherboard Asrock Z97 ITX
Cooling Corsair A50 (CPU) and Antec Kuhler 620 (GPU)
Memory G. Skill 8GB 1866
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 290X
Storage OCZ SSD and 1TB Hardrive
Display(s) Dell S2415h
Case Cheap Cougar Case
Power Supply Corsair 650w PSU
Software Windows 10
Currently $12 on Humble Bundle. It comes with around 6 more games at the end of the month. The DLC is extremely expensive, but getting the base game for $12 is a lot of value. I've been having fun with the campaign and siege battles.

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Currently $12 on Humble Bundle. It comes with around 6 more games at the end of the month. The DLC is extremely expensive, but getting the base game for $12 is a lot of value. I've been having fun with the campaign and siege battles.

I'm fan of Total War games but just bought Blood for the Blood God DLC. I may buy Realm of the Wood Elves DLC, but still not sure. :D

By the way, my friend bought the game from Humble Bundle as you mentioned. And he is happy person too. :p

Ahhzz

Staff member
I enjoyed the Total Wars as well, but these days they're releasing part of a game, and then releasing the rest, calling it "DLC".... really starting to annoy....

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Countdown in Total War website. I'm thinking that this will be a next Warhammer expansion pack, or DLC which includes Lustria. Because if you look closely under the minutes column, you will see the building. And that building looks like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nqWR4fbgHRc/U12mc8aCy_I/AAAAAAAADHE/JvffgvvFZmM/s1600/Lustria+temple.png

https://comingsoon.totalwar.com/

I'm not sure of that but it maybe a new Total War: Warhammer game (I don't know why I said that. :D ). As you know that they are planing trilogy for Warhammer. Announcement: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/192834/what-the-teams-are-working-on-17-03-2017/p1?new=1

These are just my thoughts. So if the next plan is not one of them, sorry for my bad predictions. :D

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Countdown in Total War website. I'm thinking that this will be a next Warhammer expansion pack, or DLC which includes Lustria. Because if you look closely under the minutes column, you will see the building. And that building looks like this http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-nqWR4fbgHRc/U12mc8aCy_I/AAAAAAAADHE/JvffgvvFZmM/s1600/Lustria+temple.png

https://comingsoon.totalwar.com/

I'm not sure of that but it maybe a new Total War: Warhammer game (I don't know why I said that. :D ). As you know that they are planing trilogy for Warhammer. Announcement: https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/192834/what-the-teams-are-working-on-17-03-2017/p1?new=1

These are just my thoughts. So if the next plan is not one of them, sorry for my bad predictions. :D

Perhaps countdown to the announcement of the next installment of TW:WH? If I recall correctly they'll complete the whole thing in three separate games that will eventually form a coherent thing that covers all races of the Warhammer universe.

As far as I know the first 'game' is now feature complete when they released Bretonnia.

With regards to the DLC, I have been pissed off when they released their Beastmen pack (didn't buy it) but the Wood Elves pack was a really good one and in the end the number of paid DLCs is actually quite limited, if you put it all together up till now, it's an incredibly rich game for the total price. Also those races are entirely optional, if you don't fancy playing them, you don't need to buy that race but will still be able to face them in the campaign. I think its a pretty solid strategy and not an overly intrusive one either to the gameplay if you don't own everything.

I still find myself starting up another campaign from time to time, now trying my hand at Bretonnia which is the actual race I played on the tabletop game too :)

Motherboard H510M-A Pro
Cooling Hyper H410R RGB
Memory 32 GB
Audio Device(s) Onboard
The meaning of the new TW: Warhammer game is just like you mentioned. I may mislead on there. Sorry. I was excited when I learned that for the first time. :D

Live stream countdown.

Or maybe just April Fools' Day. :D

Countdown is finished and here it is! Total War: Warhammer II.

Last edited: