• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

TPM Reset

tristanls14

I recently factory reset my windows 10 laptop and during the reset it asked me if I wanted to clear my TPM, I did because I wanted a full reset. Now when I boot up my computer and go through the setup process it says it needs to update and never gets past that point. HELP PLEASE!!

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 13900ks
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
TPM = Trusted Platform Module?

yeah this doesnt make much sense. a reset TPM wouldnt cause issues with a windows install unless it was set to auto enable bitlocker. Even then iv never seen it (or seen mention of it in task sequences) say anything about "needing drivers" during the install. If it cant interface it simply moves on.

tristanls14

yeah this doesnt make much sense. a reset TPM wouldnt cause issues with a windows install unless it was set to auto enable bitlocker. Even then iv never seen it (or seen mention of it in task sequences) say anything about "needing drivers" during the install. If it cant interface it simply moves on.
It just keeps going to this screen and I click next, the computer resets then comes back to it

Attachments

• 20190820_224006.jpg
    20190820_224006.jpg
    615 KB · Views: 234

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 13900ks
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
It just keeps going to this screen and I click next, the computer resets then comes back to it

that literally says nothing about TPMs. correlation does not equal causation. have you tried downloading a different build? or simply booting off USB and formatting again?

EDIT:: looks like you factory reset. (iv personally never had this work) I reccomend downloading the ISO and grabbing a thumb drive and installing windows fresh.

tristanls14

I'm not computer smart and dont know how to troubleshoot worth a damn to be completely honest, so I'm not sure what to do

That's what I was thinking.

EDIT:: looks like you factory reset. (iv personally never had this work)
Many of the recovery systems do work well when you create external media, like a DVD set or USB drive.
I reccomend downloading the ISO and grabbing a thumb drive and installing windows fresh.
But this will work if the recovery borks up, which it seems like it has..

Last edited: