- Nov 22, 2005
- 25,460 (5.40/day)
- Indiana, USA
|Processor||Intel Core i7 8700K@4.8GHz(Quick and dirty)|
|Motherboard||AsRock Z370 Taichi|
|Cooling||Corsair H110i GTX w/ Noctua NF-A14 Fans|
|Memory||32GB Corsair DDR4-3000|
|Video Card(s)||ASUS Strix GTX 1080Ti|
|Storage||500GB Crucial MX500 + 2TB Seagate Solid State Hybrid Drive with 480GB MX200 SSD Cache|
|Display(s)||QNIX QX2710 1440p@120Hz|
|Case||Fractal Design Define S|
|Audio Device(s)||Onboard is good enough for me|
|Power Supply||Corsair HX850|
|Software||Windows 10 Pro x64|
I thought it might have been some kind of corruption from when the map converted from the old style to the new style in the 1.3 update(or was it 1.4). So I tried to correct it by actually building something there. Thinking that if I updated all the corrupt blocks, that it would fix the corruption. However, carto was still picking up randomness in that space. Then I tried a few other mapping programs and they all show the map correctly, so I've narrowed it down to something wrong with cartograph. So I just said screw it and decided to use something else. That led to Google maps style map. It isn't updated realtime, I still have to update it manually. Initial rendering time for it is substantially higher than cartograph though, it takes about 5 hours to render a map initially, but it is supposed to be quicker after the first rendering as it will only render changes from now on.
Also, right now it is hosted on a different internet connection from the server, and actually hosted in a completely different physical location, so it shouldn't cause any lag on the server when people are viewing it. I might try to move it to run on the same machine as the minecraft server, this would make automating updates a hell of a lot easier. However, I'm going to see what kind of bandwidth the map uses before I move it to the same internet connection as the minecraft server, to make sure it doesn't lag out the server.